Florida has outdone itself yet again. Kids swimming with baby alligators is not the most dangerous thing you can do at a birthday party. That would now be swimming in a pool with a Siberian tiger cub. Keep reading »
Dear Sean Payne,
You may not be sober enough to read this yet. You’re probably sleeping right now. I hope so. It’s been a rough 24 hours for you. When you get arrested for public intoxication and you’re too drunk to hold your own head up for a mugshot and a cop has to do it for you, that’s really embarrassing. When the whole internet knows about it, that’s shame-inducing. Keep reading »
Classic Schwinn not doing it for you anymore? Yearning for a ride that will really get you noticed? How about this one-of-a-kind beech wood bike? Inspired by a famous 19th century chair designed by Michael Thonet (side note: who are the people who are keeping track of famous chairs? Should I know about famous chairs?), it will cost you $70,000, but hey, it’s a small price to pay for total exclusivity. Careful though: that 5-figure price tag doesn’t include brakes. [Huffington Post]
File under: Another Unfortunate Florida Story. (The file is getting thick, FYI.) A man in West Palm Beach, Florida, died after winning a roach eating contest. Edward Archbold, 32, ate more roaches and worms than any other contestant in the contest, held at a local reptile store (again, only in Florida). Archbold (pictured) ate 20 creepy crawlies, but before he could claim his prize — a python from owner Ben Siegal — Archbold began vomiting. Archobold then collapsed and was taken to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead. “He seemed like kind of a wild guy – he was wearing a bandanna, wrist bands and a shirt that said ‘Event Staff,’” said Siegal. “He was brought there by his friend, and he was trying to win the snake for him.”
The roaches the contestants ate were discoid roaches, which are apparently eaten by people around the world. “They’re clean — raised for exotic pet feed,” Siegel said. “We sell expensive animals, and these bugs are perfectly safe.” Around 30 people participated in the contest, but Archbold was the only one to become ill. According to the store’s attorney, all contest participants were “entirely aware of what they were doing” and “signed thorough waivers accepting responsibility for their participation in this unique and unorthodox contest.” [Miami Herald]
A North Carolina woman named Odessa Clay is set to stand trial for tattooing her 11-year-old daughter with a “small, heart-shaped tattoo near her right shoulder.” The 30-year-old’s excuse for tattooing her little girl last September? “She asked me to do it,” Clay explained.
Instead of saying, “I’m sorry honey, you’ll have to wait until you’re 18 and it’s legal,” Clay broke out her tattoo gun and inked her daughter herself. She told police that she thought tattoos for underage children were legal as long as the parent gave consent. Clay blames her arrest on her ex-in-laws who she feels reported her as retaliation for a previous dispute.
I’m sensing a subtle theme here. Well, bad parenting. And refusing to take responsibility for her actions. WORST. [Daily Mail UK]
I still don’t understand why bachelor/bachelorette parties need to involve strippers. Can’t everyone just go make pottery or something? Whatever. I guess that’s none of my concern. Here’s a story that will make you think twice about celebrating your last days of singledom with strippers. Back in November of
2012 2010, Philadelphia groom-to-be, Patrick Gallagher, was expecting a grand ol’ time when he purchased the “Bachelor’s Package” at a local strip club. The special bachelor treatment included him joining strippers onstage for a special show. That’s when things went very wrong. Keep reading »