- Catarina Migliorini, a Brazilian woman who famously auctioned off her virginity to the highest bidder late last year, has put her V-Card back on the market. Apparently, the first, uh, buyer turned out not to be who he said he was, so the deal/deed was never consummated. Round two! [Huffington Post]
- Eminem and his ex-wife and baby mama, Kim Mathers, are apparently getting along “better than ever” and may get back together, according to her mom. [Newser]
- Chris Brown went to rehab for anger management issues and apparently got kicked out of rehab early because of his anger management issues. [Celebuzz]
- Oooh, who’s the hot dude Britney Spears was caught kissing in the middle of the desert? Cause it ain’t her boyfrend… [Socialite Life] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: virginity
There’s a stigma around virginity, so gay college student Clayton Pettet, 19, is doing his part by having anal sex inside an art gallery in front of a live audience on January 25th. Pettet’s performance art will be called “Art School Stole My Virginity” and will include first-time butt sex with a friend and then a chat with the gallery patrons about what they thought of the performance. All this will then be graded, presumably, for London’s Central Saint Martin’s art school. Methinks he is totally overestimating his ability to have anal sex to completion on the first try; his “once-in-a-lifetime performance” might need a couple tries.
There’s a lot that I don’t remember from high school. Algebra. Most of the Italian language. But something my high school health teacher said about premarital sex is still embedded in my mind 10 years on.
She said that on our wedding night, when we have sex with our (future) husband or wife, all the other people we’ve slept with would be sleeping alongside us. She meant it figuratively, of course — she was trying to get us to think about promiscuity through the frame of premarital sex being a bad thing. How crowded, she seemed to be asking, did we want our marital bed mattress to be? Keep reading »
This Video Of A 10-Year-Old Girl Making A Virginity Pledge To Her Father On His Deathbed Creeps Me Out
I’m just going to say it: a 10-year-old girl making an abstinence pledge to her dying father on his hospital bed is all kinds of emotionally manipulative.
I thought this YouTube video would be a touching, if extremely sad, occasion for Johnny, a gravely ill father, and his 10-year-old daughter, Nakeol. Gathered by family, they shared an approximation of the little girl’s wedding day that Johnny will not live to see; according to the YouTube description of the video, he is suffering from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Nakeol felt “sad knowing he would never be there to walk her down the aisle when she gets married one day.” So the family arranged a small ceremony at the father’s hospital bed. Sweet, right? Grab the tissues.
But then it got uncomfortable on multiple levels. Nakeol’s father didn’t just give her away; the 10-year-old Nakeol promised her dying father in his hospital bed that she will won’t have sex until marriage. Keep reading »
Bow chicka bow—OW! Post-coital, even celebs have wondered, “Is that it?”
Thanks to the lack of barriers when it comes to fame these days, many celebs have spilled the dirty and juicy details about losing their virginities. What’s most surprising to us is how young most of these celebrities were when they had sex for the first time.
Which hot TV actress has only slept with one person? Which rap star tried to lose his virginity at 7—but failed? And which reality TV star asked her mom for birth control when she decided to have sex? Read more at Your Tango…
Lena Dunham Was A 19-Year-Old Virgin — Plus The Average Person Only Falls Madly In Love Twice In Their Life
- When Lena Dunham was a 19-year-old virgin, she wrote a letter to Time Out New York seeking advice for how to lose her v-card. [POPSUGAR Love & Sex]
- Dudes if you’re looking to get kinkier here are some tips for getting started with all that. DO IT NOW! [Em & Lo]
- Reality check. New research shows that you’ll probably only fall madly in love twice in your whole life. That’s why all your dating sucks. You’re just biding time until your madly-in-love comes along. [Nerve]
- And when you do fall madly in love, you can stalk him forever and ever with this boyfriend tracker app that is guaranteed to bring out the batshit insane inside of you. [iVillage] Keep reading »
An Open Letter To The Parents Of SlaneGirl, The Teen Who Gave Blowjobs At The Eminem Concert & Got Slutshamed Across The Internet
Dear The Parents Of SlaneGirl,
I can’t tell you how many conversations I’ve had this week about your daughter. You know her as a baby girl you brought into the world 17 years ago. The Internet knows her as SlaneSlut or SlaneGirl. This week, her full name and photographs of her performing oral sex on two different men at an Eminem concert made their way around the world. They were posted on every social media site you can think of and shared repeatedly (with little regard to the fact your daughter is under 18 and the images technically constitute child pornography). The two young fellas she fellated have mostly enjoyed high fives from the universe. But your daughter? She’s been called a slut, a whore, a dumb bitch — every stinging slur in the book. She was hospitalized this week from from her reaction to all this negative attention.
When I’ve been thinking about your daughter, I’ve really been thinking about you — her parents. I’ve been thinking about what I would do or say if I were in your shoes, about you could possibly have to say to her about all this. Keep reading »
- Indonesian officials have said “thanks, but no thanks” to a proposal to require female high school seniors undergo what is referred to as “virginity testing,” but really means forcing a young woman to prove that she has a hymen. An education official on Sumatra suggested “virginity testing” would discourage premarital sex — apparently because some punishment would befall women who were not found to have a hymen. [ABC News]
- Spike Lee listened to his critics and added seven films by women to his list of essential films given to NYU grad school students. That’s still not very many women on the entire list. But I guess we’ll take it, Spike. [IndieWire]
- The anti-street harassment organization Hollaback! launched an app to report abuse to NYC officials in real time. [Feminist.org] Keep reading »
There’ve been teen moms. There’ve been “guidos.” There’ve been rednecks. The next cultural subgroup to get the MTV reality show treatment are a little more, well, innocent: virgins. The hour-long “docu-soap” will follow a group of 18- to 25-year-olds who are remaining abstinent. Some will undoubtedly be tempted and struggling with their abstinence, while I imagine others will give voice to a segment of the population — young, cool and not having sex — who aren’t often portrayed on MTV. Keep reading »