No, you are not on “Candid Camera.” But it appears that MTV’s “Punk’d” is in fact coming back. Sources say the “classic” series is getting a reboot. And while Ashton Kutcher will be returning as executive producer, he is rumored to be handing the hosting reins to … Justin Bieber. Yes, that was the sound of every tweenage girl on the planet squealing in unison.
Keep reading »
I just read a depressing thing. According to a poll by Wet intimacy products, 80 percent of women say they would not have sex with one of the male cast members of “Jersey Shore.” To this I say—only 80 percent? What the eff is wrong with the other 20 percent of women who took this survey? I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Best case scenario, you get called a grenade, hyena, or slut by a total jerkface on national TV and then they play catch with your chicken cutlet or call you a cab two minutes after they pull out. Worst case scenario, you get an incurable STD or knocked up with one of these loser’s spawn. Do. Not. Do. It. Keep reading »
The success of Bravo’s “The Rachel Zoe Project” has proven that people want a behind-the-scenes look into the fashion industry that goes beyond a bunch of designers competing to show at fashion week. Oxygen has answered this call with “House of Glam,” which features the team at The B. Lynn Group, an image consulting agency that has worked with Rihanna, Tyra, Jamie Foxx, and other celebrities. The team is made up of several high-profile wardrobe stylists, makeup artists, hair stylists and groomers, and even a personal trainer. Think of The B. Lynn Group as a one-stop shop for a celebrity looking to create a cohesive and noticeable image. But unlike “The Rachel Zoe Project,” there doesn’t seem to be one person the group kowtows to or one person who gets all the credit. Each artist is in charge of his/her career, but as with any art, even fashion and beauty, egos certainly get in the way. And that’s where the drama makes “House of Glam” worth watching. Check out another video, in which a stylist and a celebrity publicist butt heads over a catsuit, after the jump. Keep reading »
TO: Shanna Moakler
FROM: The producers of “Bridalplasty”
We are super-psyched you are talking to the tabloids about something other than your dramz with Travis Barker. And we are happy you are plugging “Bridalplasty,” the new reality TV show you will host where brides-to-be compete in wedding-themed competitions and win plastic surgery as a prize, in OK! magazine. But we’d like to remind you, however, the first rule of extreme makeover shows is you don’t come right out and say it’s “exploitative.” That’s supposed to be on the DL! We are specifically referring to this quote: “Women will love it! … There are some good stories there, as well as some exploitative [ones].” Be careful saying stuff like that, Shanna: we would not want someone to think we take advantage of emotionally unstable women with body insecurities by putting them on television or anything. It’s best to just stick with quotes like, “It’s cool!” Next time, just talk up how every bride deserves a new nose for her big day, okay? [OK! Magazine] Keep reading »
It has been 50 years since “The Flintstones” first premiered on ABC in 1960. It’s easy to forget about what a huge influence the Yabba-Dabba-Doo had on our existence, but those boneheaded cave-dwellers were the original gangsters of prime-time cartoons. Thirty years before we were quoting Homer Simpson, Fred Flintstone was our man with a plan. They graduated cartoons from Saturday morning to prime time! If it wasn’t for Hanna-Barbera’s contributions to society, we might have been forced to grow up and watch (gasp) un-animated shows, losing out on the genius that is “South Park” and “Family Guy.” And because it’s such a special time in history, we’re going to look back on everything “The Flintstones” have given us. Keep reading »