- Doctors in Sweden have done the first mother-daughter uterus transplant, which can be useful if the daughter is experiencing fertility problems. Trippy! [NBC News]
- Mitt Romney’s campaign debuted a new ad targeted towards women called “Dear Daughter.” [Feministing]
- A historian at Harvard Divinity School has announced there is a piece of papyrus that refers to Jesus’ “wife.” [New York Times]
- Did you hear Adele might design a line for Burberry? Here’s more on how fashion is expanding to accommodate plus-size women’s bodies. [Businessweek] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: uterus
When I was 32, I started feeling something heavy in my stomach when I lay in bed at night. Something, I wasn’t sure what, pressing on my bladder. I knew I couldn’t be pregnant, since none of my recent dates had led anywhere special. I reasoned with myself. It was probably a urinary tract infection. I’d never had one and I figured it would be simple to fix.
I waited a few days to see if I was imagining the discomfort – and sometimes I thought I was. There were days when the pressure went away. Then it would return, and I would constantly feel like I had to urinate, throughout the day and night. I knew I had to see my gynecologist right away. Keep reading »
Imagine going to the doctor for a routine hysterectomy and finding out that your doctor has branded your uterus? That’s exactly what happened to Ingrid Paulicivic, a 47-year-old Californian woman, whose gynecologist used a “electrocautery device to carve and burn” her name “Ingrid” on her uterus.
Before you totally freak out — the uterus had been removed from Ingrid’s body at the time. Dr. Red Alinsod admitted that he branded her name onto the removed organ, but says he did so as a “friendly gesture.” Keep reading »
- Besides the sometimes annoying biological tricks, here are five things you didn’t know your uterus could do that might make you love it. [BlissTree]
- Eva Longoria Parker is looking as fabulous as ever, but hubby Tony Parker is slacking on the fashion front. [Starpulse.com]
- Princess Diana might have been murdered because she was going to expose a British arms dealer. [Daily Star]
- Date Due Diligence: Whether you’re with someone new or an old-time lover, it’s the little things that count. [Bullz-Eye.com]
Just in time for Mother’s Day, OctoMom Nadya Suleman gives her army of babies the best gift ever: no more brothers and sisters! After giving birth to 14 children through in-vitro, OctoMonster is making her first responsible parenting decision and getting part of her baby making-machine, her uterus, removed. The surgery, scheduled for this weekend, means that Suleman is unlikely to spawn more offspring. Collective sigh. [Radar via Daily News]