- Alec Baldwin blew his top on Twitter yesterday at George Stark, a writer for the UK’s Daily Mail, who erroneously claimed his pregnant wife, Hilaria Thomas, was tweeting during the funeral for James Gandolfini. The “30 Rock” star’s expletive-ridden tweets included threats to put his foot up Stark’s ass and tweet at his funeral. Oh, Alec. You’re always good for a temper tantrum. He appears to have since deleted his Twitter account entirely. [World Of Wonder]
- “Glee” star Matthew Morrison is engaged to his girlfriend of two years, Renee Puente. Mazel tov! [Starpulse]
- Lauryn Hill is headed to prison in a few days and posted a huge essay about “reverse racism” on Tumblr. [Bossip]
- The crazies at the Westboro Baptist Church are now going after Taylor Swift for being “the whorish face of doomed America.” [Crushable]
- Maggie Gyllenhaal will star in a new BBC2 show set in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. [Guardian UK] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: twitter
“I did Kick-Ass 2 a month b4 Sandy Hook and now in all good conscience I cannot support that level of violence. My apologies to others involve[d] with the film. I am not ashamed of it but recent events have caused a change of heart.”
After 20 children and six adults were killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary shootings in Newton, Connecticut, December, Jim Carrey now denounced, via a tweet, the “level of violence” throughout the film, in which he plays “a baseball-bat-wielding masked crimefighter.” Executive producer Mark Miller shared his bewilderment over Carrey’s tweet on his blog, writing, “[I’m] baffled by this sudden announcement as nothing seen in this picture wasn’t in the screenplay 18 months ago. Yes, the body count is very high, but a movie called Kick-Ass 2 really has to do what is says on the tin.” Keep reading »
It all began with Amelia’s future husband, the sizzling Ryan Gosling, after he expressed his disappointment with the NC-17 rating his movie, “Blue Valentine,” received because it featured him giving oral sex to costar Michelle Williams. The strict rating discouraged Gosling because, if the genders were reversed, and a scene where a woman performs oral on a man was shown, the film would get a less strict, R-rating. Gosling’s feminist stance inspired the beloved and well-known Tumblr blog, Feminist Ryan Gosling.
Recently, more feminist parodies have been exploding across the web, specifically on Twitter. Beginning on June 12, Feminist Taylor Swift (@feministtswift) tweeted, “She wears short skirts/ I wear T-shirts/Neither of us is asking for it,” and has since gained more than 76,000 followers in just six days. Since its beginning, Feminist Taylor Swift has tweeted 72 times, including my personal favorite, “You were Romeo/ I was a scarlet letter/ Because I’ve had like, 6 boyfriends/ Which isn’t even that many/ Slut shaming is a real problem.” Keep reading »
Twitter, man. The grammatically incorrect hashtag #MyGirlfriendNotAllowedTo is trending on the social media site right now, offering a cornucopia of shitty dudes saying shitty things about what their girlfriends are “not allowed to” do. The good news? Most of the #MyGirlfriendNotAllowedTo tweets don’t seem to be serious. The bad news? Some of them probably are. Click through to see what we’re talking about.
Etsy seller Moneyworth snapped a screen shot of one of Kanye West’s amazing tweets — and put on a T-shirt. The tweet in question — Kanye helpfully explaining to us that his baby mama Kim Kardashian doesn’t appreciate him enough — deftly encapsulates Yeezy’s rather lofty impression of himself. Sadly, the shirt sold out 10 days ago (boo!), but the arrogant sentiment lives on. “Kim doesn’t understand what a blessing I am to her.” That really says it all, doesn’t it? [Etsy]
In a moving op-ed in today’s New York Times, Angelina Jolie revealed her choice to have a preventative double mastectomy. The media coverage has been immediate—as has the troubling, sexist public conversation (#RIP Angelina’s boobs!) about Jolie’s decision.
Jolie’s mother died of cancer at age 56. Jolie herself, after discovering she carries the BRCA1 gene, which increases the risk of developing breast and ovarian cancer (In Jolie’s case, 87% chance of developing breast cancer and a 50% risk of ovarian cancer), decided to undergo a preventative double mastectomy. She underwent the procedure beginning in February and announced her decision in an op-ed today.
People on Twitter had a lot to say about Angelina Jolie’s decision to remove her breasts in order to lessen her risk of breast cancer and prolong her life. Read more on The Gloss…