- Suri Cruise stayed inside Cinderella’s Castle on her recent trip to Disney World with Tom Cruise. I can’t tell if this is regular Spoiled Hollywood Child parenting or Mommy And Daddy Are Getting A Divorce parenting. But who really cares? It’s awesome. [Betty Confidential]
- Tavi Gevinson of Rookie Mag has been cast in a new Nicole Holofcener film as an only child who doesn’t get much attention from her parents. It’ll be the 16-year-old’s first acting gig. Mazel tov! [Hollywood Reporter]
- Kanye West has supposedly written a song about Kim Kardashian called “My Perfect Bitch.” You can’t make this stuff up. [Celebrity Cafe]
- Justin Timberlake may or may not be working on a new album. [Huffington Post]
- We know Jenna Jameson is in the tank for Romney. Here are eight other porn stars’ presidential endorsements. [The Daily Beast] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: tomkat divorce
For the first time since his divorce from Katie Holmes was announced, Tom Cruise was spotted with daughter Suri in New York City today. I’m glad Suri is getting some alone time with her dad, but I just hope he remembered to leave his copy of Dianetics, the e-meter, and BFF David Miscavige at home. [Photo: Bauer-Griffin]
So I know people don’t really do the whole “team” thing anymore (as in Team Jolie/Team Aniston), but since we haven’t really come up with a comparably catchy fan-identifying term yet: Just to be clear, I am 100% Team Holmes. Obviously. But as crazy and scary and scary and scary and scary as I find Tom Cruise to be, I’m still not sure how I feel about the latest TomKat divorce rumor. See, “sources” say that Katie Holmes is considering changing Suri’s middle name to “Cruise” and her last name to “Holmes.” Not only that — “sources” also say that Katie hates the name “Suri” and has been calling her daughter “Scout” (after the To Kill a Mockingbird character, of course).
Look, I get it. I don’t blame Holmes for wanting to wash that man right out of her hair in every way possible. But Suri is already dealing with enough change. Does she really need a new legal moniker? Read more…
After what could safely be called a lonnnnnnng week, Katie Holmes celebrated her neatly settled divorce from Tom Cruise by taking their daughter Suri to the Central Park Zoo. (That’s Katie’s mom — who supposedly never cared for her son-in-law — on the left.) [Insert joke about empathizing with the animals in their pens here.] Here’s to them enjoying the rest of their summer in the city! [Photos: Fame/Flynet; Bauer-Griffin; Pacific Coast News]
The ink wasn’t even dry on Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise’s divorce agreement before she’d registered with a local NYC Catholic Church as their newest parishioner. Now that she’s free of the Church of Scientology, Katie can worship where she pleases! There are other activities Katie is free to do now that Cruise, David Miscavige, the ghost of L. Ron Hubbard, and the threat of disconnection don’t have their hooks in her any longer. See a smiling Holmes enjoying herself in our newly created Katie Fancy & Freed meme in the slideshow above…
- So, Tom Cruise, as you know, is a Scientologist. He is also an OT VII (OT stands for Operating Thetan and, oh for the love of Xenu, I will just explain in another post) and OT VIIs, according to Scientology, have magical powers. For example, as an OTVII, Tom Cruise is, supposedly, telekinetic. Yeah. If you see Suri floating through the sky one day, now you know how and why. [Celeb Dirty Laundry]
- Here is an adorable photo of Violet Affleck walking her dog. But even more adorable to me is that Violet appears to wear Transitions Lenses, those prescription glasses that darken into sunglasses when you go outside. Just like Al Pacino! [Celebrity Baby Scoop]
- Your man is awesome, but the sex sucks. What do you do? [Your Tango] Keep reading »
What are you doing right now? Is it after noon? Actually, I don’t care if it is or not: go pour yourself a glass of something cold and boozy and join me in a toast to Katie Holmes, free woman.
I don’t much keep up with celebrity goings-on, certainly not beyond the two-month-old Us Weekly rags at the nail salon. I couldn’t pick Selena Gomez out of a line-up of young brunette actresses; I am unsure how many Kardashian family members there are. But Joey? From ”Dawson’s Creek”? We have a connection that cannot be broken; a connection forged when she sang that song from Les Mis on the show and I was all, Tell Dawson you love him, girl! Or was it Pacey? I didn’t watch very closely.
So perhaps my connection to Katie Holmes is tenuous. Fine. Still, I found myself actually excited when I heard she was divorcing Tom Cruise. And then I was even more excited when I read about how she went about it like a classy divorce-bomb-dropping spy bailing off the S.S. Fucking Weirdo — using a burner cellphone, having secret lawyers in three states on call, having her negotiation terms ready to roll. Keep reading »
I never thought I’d see the day where I’d announce on my Facebook wall (as that’s where I express my most passionate opinions): “Katie Holmes, you’re my fucking hero.” As an enthusiastic observer of all things Scientology, I pretty much assumed Katie Holmes was lost to the world, forever in the clutches of husband Tom Cruise, the ghost of L. Ron Hubbard, David Miscavige (the Church’s current leader), and the Church of Scientology itself. Oh sure, Tom and Katie would no doubt call it quits someday (I never for a second believed that union was based on love and sexual desire and real commitment), but Katie struck me as the type to go quietly, like Nicole Kidman before her. Well, Katie, I was wrong about you. You are the biggest suppressive person (SP) the Church of Scientology has ever known. You have attracted more attention to their nefarious practices than anyone before and for that, girlfriend, you are a bad ass. Here are five specific reasons why. Keep reading »
The quickie divorce settlement between Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes outlines in great detail and for years to come how they can behave around daughter Suri, reports TMZ. Among the available details:
- Katie basically gets primary physical custody, but Tom will have a lot of custodial time with Suri. Read more…
Because I know you guys are looking for yet another angle from which to explore this whole Katie Holmes/Tom Cruise divorce mess, we give you Katie Holmes’ No Doubt Prescient Supermarket Purchases. Now that she’s out of the grips of TC, girl’s been going to the supermarket like it’s going out of business. She’s been spotted at her local Whole Foods at least two times in the last six days, and here’s what she’s purchased… Keep reading »