- In case you were wondering, Tom Cruise used to “preen” and walk around in a g-string so as to show off his muscular bod. I find this less weird than the whole believing in a galactic overlord named Xenu thing. [Newser]
- There are celebs whose pregnancies seem to last forever, like Jessica Simpson, and then there are celebs who seem to blow up and appear ready for labor almost overnight, like Anna Paquin. How did she get so huge so fast? She announced she was pregnant two weeks ago! [Celebrity Baby Scoop]
- Good news for those of us who loathe the dentist? There’s a new molecule that could cavity-proof your teeth, whatever that means. Someone science-y please explain! [Newser]
- And good news for those of us who also loathe the gym: five ways having sex is good for your health! [Your Tango] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: tom cruise
Because I know you guys are looking for yet another angle from which to explore this whole Katie Holmes/Tom Cruise divorce mess, we give you Katie Holmes’ No Doubt Prescient Supermarket Purchases. Now that she’s out of the grips of TC, girl’s been going to the supermarket like it’s going out of business. She’s been spotted at her local Whole Foods at least two times in the last six days, and here’s what she’s purchased… Keep reading »
I realize that this is probably good news for all involved, but I, for one, am disappointed to learn that Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes have reached a divorce settlement just a little bit more than a week after Katie filed in New York City. ”The case has been settled and the agreement has been signed,” Holmes’ attorney Jonathan Wolfe told HLN. “We are thrilled for Katie and her family and are excited to watch as she embarks on the next chapter of her life. We thank Tom’s counsel for their professionalism and diligence that helped bring about this speedy resolution.” There is no word on what the terms of that settlement actually are.
So why am I disappointed? Because I suspect that one of the terms includes Holmes keeping her mouth shut about Scientology and how it might have affected her decision to leave Cruise. Keep reading »
The Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes split may not result in a nasty court fight after all. TMZ says lawyers from both sides have begun “calm” settlement talks on custody of Suri and child support, among other things. If all goes well, it would mean that Cruise would not file a divorce case of his own in California. Yesterday, the BBC suggested such a filing was imminent after talking to his lawyer. Read more…
“He has been Tom Cruise for 30 years. I know who I am and where I am and where I want to go, so I want to focus on that. … I definitely feel much more comfortable in my own skin. I feel sexier. I’m starting to come into my own. It’s like a new phase.”
– Katie Holmes is on the cover of ELLE (oh, I bet the editors are just overjoyed about that!) and in the interview, conducted before she filed for divorce from Tom Cruise, she kinda, sorta, maybe hints at her future independence. Mind you, I think anything Katie could have said about Cruise in this interview would be read as somehow alluding to her plot to leave him. That being said, given that she’s always sounded so … worshipful of her husband in interviews, this quotes sounds awfully cold and detached to me. Something tells me this interview was done with nary a Scientology handler around. [People] Keep reading »
5 Questions The Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes Divorce Brings Up (That The Church Of Scientology Would Rather You Didn’t Ask)
Katie Holmes’ decision to divorce Tom Cruise is big news for many reasons, the least of which is the actual demise of one of Hollywood’s most famous couples. Let’s be real — how many of us actually took them seriously as a love match and felt a pang of “Oh but they were such a cute couple” secondhand sadness? Not I. No, the main reason why this celeb split is so, dare I say it, exciting, is the prospect that the attention it gets could shine a very, very bright spotlight on the Church of Scientology, of which Tom Cruise has been a member for some 20 years. Keep reading »
Are you sick of the Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes divorce scandal yet? I am nowhere near close to being bored of the topic. Oh, if they were any other Hollywood couple, I would be snoring by now, but given their close ties to the upper echelons of the Church of Scientology (specifically Tom’s BFF status with leader David Miscavige, who was best man at the couple’s wedding), this split has the potential to blow the lid off a lot of highly shady shit.
Anyway, yesterday was Tom’s 50th birthday and instead of spending it with his soon-to-be-ex wife, the actor flew to LA to be with his older children (adopted when he and Nicole Kidman were married) instead. Katie, meanwhile, was all smiles when she took little Suri out for ice cream in, ACK, my neighborhood yesterday evening. They were accompanied by friends and Katie looks happier in these photos than she has in any other paparazzi shots in months. Personally, I think she is a total badass. [Photos: Splash News and Fame/Flynet]
The comparisons were inevitable so is Katie Holmes’ decision to keep Suri Cruise out of Tom Cruise and Scientology’s clutches making Nicole Kidman look like an uncaring mother or was she just a victim of Tom’s overwhelming power?
You knew it was going to get back to Nicole somehow because she hasn’t talked about Katie and Tom’s divorce. I can understand why she wouldn’t but I can’t understand why she hasn’t be hounded by the press yet. Obviously it’s not in Nicole’s nature to talk. She’s barely said a word about her ten-year marriage to Cruise since their divorce eleven years ago. But that divorce was weird and got weirder as time went on. People whisper that Tom had something on Nicole which is why she was able to go free with joint custody but pretty much left the kids behind to be raised 100 percent by Tom and his Scientology minions. Both Tom and Nicole’s kids are true Scientologists in every sense of the word. Read more… Keep reading »
The latest tidbit to trickle out from the Tom Cruise-Katie Holmes divorce: Katie won’t be cashing in by leaving Tom. Their prenup stipulates that she’ll leave the marriage with barely more money than what she brought in, but sources tell TMZ that’s fine because “money is not that important to her. She makes plenty on her own.” Click for more, including how that very prenup could prove the romance was indeed real. Read more…
Katie certain has that “Finally, I’m free!” glow about her. But perhaps I’m just projecting my own feelings; I learned a lot about Scientology during the time I spent assisting journalist Janet Reitman on her book, Inside Scientology, so I’m just tickled pink that Katie has decided to get her and her daughter out sooner rather than later. (If you haven’t read the book, by the way, you must. It’s fabulously written and impeccably researched.) [Photo: Fame/Flynet]