Tina Fey and Amy Poehler + Ballgowns and Chuck Taylors = Perfection.
Tag Archives: tina fey
Amy Poehler and Tina Fey still haven’t gotten back to us about our suggestion that they co-host our bad dates and therapy sessions. They were probably just busy filming this promo for the 2013 Golden Globes, which they are co-hosting on Sunday, January 13. And here are the 2013 Golden Globe nominations in case you want to join the ranks of people on the Internet who are very angry about who got snubbed this year. [No "Game of Thrones" or "The Walking Dead"?! And who the hell even saw "Salmon Fishing in Yemen"?! I mean come on. -- Editor]
Far be it from me to ever speak ill of Tina Fey. Or Paul Rudd. And definitely not Tina Fey and Paul Rudd (and Wallace Shawn!). But I just have to be honest: the plot of “Admission” looks really stupid. Fey plays an admissions counselor at Princeton and Rudd plays a sensitive single dad who runs a high school for troubled kids … and they fall in love … but Rudd just so happens to have a student he thinks is a child Fey gave up for adoption many years ago. Huh? This sounds as convoluted as an episode of “Gossip Girl.” But whatever. I will see it. Tina Fey and Paul Rudd!
No wonder Liz Lemon is getting hitched! I mean, wouldn’t you want to put a ring on it? Real talk: Tina has never looked better.
- Liz Lemon on “30 Rock” is finally getting married! Aww, I’m a little sad she won’t be my Patron Saint Of Single Girls anymore. [Paste Magazine]
- Oh no they didn’t: TSA officers searched Solange Knowles’ afro. [Clutch Magazine]
- New couple alert, maybe? Supposedly “sparks” are “flying” between Scarlett Johansson and Leonardo DiCaprio, who are finally both single at the same time. [Celeb Dirty Laundry]
- Andy Cohen apologized for calling the boy band One Direction “twinks.” [PopBytes]
Tina Fey was a keynote speaker at the inaugural gala for the Center for Reproductive Rights, where she took on the squicky, cringe-worthy topic of “legitimate” rape. Because Tina Fey is hilarious and smart and amazing, she has the perfect analogy for Todd Akin’s rape-y words. [YouTube]
Come on, who among us hasn’t at one point or other uttered the words, “I really wish I could be best friends with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler”? They’re obviously so funny and smart and cool! During Sunday night’s “Night of Too Many Stars” telethon for autism research (hosted by other BFF candidate Jon Stewart), two lucky women bid on and won the opportunity to be best friends with Fey and Poehler for the night. Grace Ann and Karen paid $30,000 to hang out with the celebs all night, taking a bunch of funny photos (another guy paid even more than that to pee next to Seth Rogan in the men’s room — whhhhhaaat!?). Anyways, it looks like Poehler and Fey really lived up to the womens’ expectations.
I have a confession to make: I am totally, 100 percent, head-over-heels in love with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. I even have fantasy scenarios to prove it. As is fitting for these lovely ladies, the images in my head are funny, a bit off-kilter and leave me feeling good about myself (i.e. if you’re looking for something a little more, um, stimulating, you’ve come to the wrong place.)
In my imaginary world, I’m presenting at an important meeting for a woman’s organization, surrounded by people who have made a big difference in community, business, and the world at large. (Okay, so it’s a bit of a stretch, but a girl can dream, right?) Suddenly, murmuring spreads across the audience, and I pause in confusion. Behind me, a self-deprecating voice that I’d recognize anywhere says something like, “These are all great points. Mind if we butt in?” Read more…
Hallelujah praise the lord! Amy Poehler and Tina Fey have been tapped to co-host the Golden Globes! We were so excited to hear this news that we couldn’t help but ponder all the other things we’d love to have them cohost, from reality shows to awkward family gatherings. Read on to check out our Tina/Amy hosting wishlist, and please add your own in the comments… Keep reading »
- Yes! Yes! Yes! Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are co-hosting the Golden Globes on January 13. I think this is the first time ever that two women have hosted the Globes, is it not? [Celebrity Cafe]
- AWFUL “Downton Abbey” spoiler alert from across the pond: trust me, do not click this unless you want your mind blown (and possibly your morning ruined). [ONTD]
- Speaking of “Downton,” Elisabeth Moss from “Mad Men” interviewed Michelle Dockery, aka Lady Mary, and I want to pretend they’re both my friends. [Interview Magazine]