Oh, yes, it’s that time of year (again). Where did the time go? It feels like just last week we were advocating for Tina Fey and Amy Poehler to host everything. So far we can only get them to agree to host the 2014 Golden Globes again. The first promo debuted last night during “The Sound Of Music,” although I missed it because Carrie Underwood’s singing was annoying me so I turned it off halfway through. Anywho, set your Tivos for Sunday, January 12!
Tag Archives: tina fey
HELP! I just watched Tina Fey’s ‘SNL’ episode that premiered a few weeks ago and I am obsessed with the red dress she is wearing in the opening monologue. The only links I could find with “Tina Fey” and “red dress” were pretty much only concerned with her recent nip slip and not her actual dress- ha! Help me out, please! – Katy
First of all, Katy, I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to your request. Damn Gmail and it’s weird sorting! Anyway, I wasn’t able to figure out who designed the dress Tina was wearing during her opening monologue oh so many weeks ago, but let’s face it, it was probably a high-end designer piece with a hefty price tag. The good news is that this particular silhouette is everywhere and there were so many similar options that I actually had to narrow it down to just seven — three with similar short and/or cap-sleeves, and four with slightly longer or three-quarter sleeves. But all in bright fire engine red. Check ‘em out below! Keep reading »
Tina Fey is producing a new NBC series, and no, the show is not about girls who have been abducted, as was previously rumored. It was also believed that NBC wasn’t too thrilled with the script and was worried that it may be offensive. As it turns out, the series will tell the story of a woman who escaped a doomsday cult and is starting her life over in New York City. Insert sigh of relief. I’m not so sure a comedy about abduction would’ve been too funny.
Ellie Kemper, who played the hilarious Erin on “The Office,” will star in the series. Fey will write and produce the show with David Miner and Robert Carlock. The show will debut in fall 2014 — and we’re already excited. [Dallas Voice; Defamer; ABC News]
“Saturday Night Live”‘s “Girls” Promo Features A New, Rubber-Handed Albanian Roommate Played By Tina Fey
Who’s excited for the third season of “Girls”?! I am, especially after seeing this new promo which indicates the show is finally getting a dose of real diversity. Hannah has a new roommate — and she’s from Albania! Surely nothing will make whiny twentysomethings Hannah, Marnie, Shoshanna and Jessa realize how good they have it like hearing the sad story behind Blerta’s rubber hand. Right?
You guys, it was SO hard not to put a frowning emoticon at the end of the headline of this post. I mean, I think of Connie Britton as my Best Friend Forever that I just haven’t quite met yet (cue Michael Bublé singing our theme song), so whenever she plans something fun and doesn’t include me, I feel very hurt (and yes, I do realize how completely stalker-ish that sounds, and no, I’m not getting help). So for her to plan a pre-Emmys dinner with my other BFFIHMY (Best Friend Forever I Haven’t Met Yet) Tina Fey, plus “Downton Abbey”‘s Michelle Dockery and “Mad Men”‘s Elisabeth Moss? Man, that one stings. The only way this dinner roster could have been better is if Christina Hendricks replaced Elisabeth Moss, because, as Amelia pointed out, “Don’t need no Scientology chatter while I eat!” Other than that though, this really is like one of those fantasy dinner parties come to life, and I look forward to my invitation not getting lost in the mail next time. [Us Weekly]
You’re nobody in Hollywood until you’ve had a nip slip at a major awards show. That means Tina Fey has finally made it. While accepting her Emmy last night, some hawk-eyed viewer whose job it is to watch the Emmy’s specifically for nipple, spotted Tina’s exposed teet for one millisecond and alerted the internet at large. Sadly, it was the most exciting thing that happened during the show. You can see her NSFW nipple and areola in all their Tina Fey glory after the jump. This changes absolutely nothing about how we feel about her. [Elvis Duran] Keep reading »
- Awwwwww, yeah! Tina Fey will host the season premiere of “Saturday Night Live” on September 28th, with Arcade Fire for the musical guest. Miley Cyrus will combine hosting and twerking duties on October 5, so, um, hide the children. [New York Times]
- Roll eyes. Demi Lovato signed a multi-book publishing deal and her first book will be a collection of her tweets — TWEETS! — called Staying Strong: 365 Days A Year. [New York Times]
- A woman named Polina Polonsky, who lived with Lamar Odom as a “roommate” for six weeks this summer, blabbed to TMZ that she saw him smoke crack multiple times. [TMZ]
- Katherine Heigl has been cast in a new NBC drama about a CIA analyst with a “complicated personal life.” Sounds like “Scandal,” only with that annoying lady from “Knocked Up.” [TVline] Keep reading »
Tina Fey has cut her staff down from 200 to just 5 and has since moved from Long Island to Manhattan. While a move to the big city sounds good on paper, it really isn’t when one of your first experiences is having your jokes stolen by movers. Physically.
She explained to Letterman that she believes one of the movers went back up while she was signing papers and stole a laptop with all her unfinished jokes. She even played the security footage with the perp’s face blurred out. Read more at The Blemish…
- Earlier this week we learned Tina Fey would produce a new NBC sitcom set on the vacation community of Fire Island. Now we learn she’s shopping around a second sitcom. Woo hoo! This one will be set at a former women’s college that just started accepting male students. [NYmag.com]
- Robin Thicke is getting sued by Marvin Gaye’s family for allegedly ganking Gaye’s beats from “Got To Give It Up” in “Blurred Lines” and two other songs. Naughty, naughty, Robin. [Clutch Magazine]
- Jesse Eisenberg published a short story in The New Yorker. That sound you hear is everyone I went to college with weeping. [New Yorker]
- Gia Allemand from “The Bachelor” was reportedly abusing cocaine and prescription drugs prior to committing suicide earlier this week. So sad. [Daily Mail UK]
- Kourtney Kardashian said a male model claiming to be her son Mason Disick’s biological father is full of shit. [TMZ] Keep reading »
- … but this time, just as a producer. Fey is behind a “female-centered workplace project” for NBC about a young woman who lives on New York’s vacation community Fire Island. If Wikipedia is to be believed, Fire Island is where Tina Fey likes to vacation. [Deadline Hollywood]
- Is that a giant-ass engagement ring on Hayden Panettiere’s ring finger? [TMZ]
- Jennifer Aniston switched flights to avoid breathing the same first-class air as Angelina Jolie. A wise airline employee called one of Aniston’s assistants to warn her about the potentially awkward run-in. [Daily Mail UK]
- Screw Kris Jenner’s talk show — Kanye West wants baby North West to make her grand debut on the cover of Vogue. “Clearly, trying to persuade Anna [Wintour] is going to be an uphill battle,” said a source. [Radar Online]
- Reality TV’s Gia Allemand, who appeared on Jake Pavelka’s season of “The Bachelor” and on “Bachelor Pad,” has been hospitalized in New Orleans in critical condition for unknown reasons. [US Weekly] Keep reading »