Did you hear—Angelina Jolie will play Cleopatra in an upcoming Hollywood blockbuster. Talk about type-casting, Angelina is the perfect fit for the part with her strong facial features and universal beauty. We predict Cleo-mania will ensue with the film’s release, and since it’s the season most closely resembling the Egyptian climate (um, summer, we think?), we figured we’d get a head start and take style inspiration from the ancient legacy. After the jump, some beauty products (eyeliner obligatory!) and accessories to help you get the look. Keep reading »
Somehow, the fashion interwebs are going gaga for improbable style icon Kim Jong-Il, as we explained yesterday. Frightening? Yes. Hilarious? Kind of. You have to wonder—think he was trying to look cool, or just fell into it? Those glasses seem pretty calculated, if you ask us. His style is certainly simple enough … it’s all about minimalism, if that’s your thing. Check out our product suggestions after the jump. Keep reading »
Good thing Vanessa Hudgens‘ Kool-Aid smile didn’t blind us from peeping her perfect sunny day outfit. She managed to go boho, laid-back, and luxe with this cohesive look. We just had to come up with our own version. Find the buying info below — now that’s something to grin about.
1. Aqua Floppy Hat with Crocheted Edge, $58, Bloomingdale’s
2. Lianna Shirt Dress, $44.50, Delia’s
3. Relic Stitched & Studded Belt, $14.40, Kohl’s
4. 7Chi – Women’s Pink Circle Studded Satchel, $68, Kitson
5. K. Jacques Gina Flat Sandals with Two Bands, $232, Shopbop
[Image: Splash News] Keep reading »
We’re kinda freaking out about Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart’s crazy-good performances in the new movie “The Runaways.” We have a feeling the ’70s will be coming back in force soon … so without further adieu, “The Runaways” fashion inspiration board. Check out these products after the jump! Keep reading »
No matter how you feel about Barbie‘s measurements, her impact on the self-esteem of girls, or her conspicuous consumption, you can’t deny that she’s above all else, a true fashion icon. Barbie has flashed a covetable wardrobe of clothes and accessories–sexy items for every occasion, whether it be lounging by the pool or having brunch with Midge and Skipper–from every decade since her debut. In fact, I especially like the vintage stuff, so I’m taking a bit of inspiration from Debut Barbie, which is a recreation from the original 1959 doll.
1. Bandeau Stripe Bodysuit, about $33, Lipsy London
2. Tahari Laser-Cut Houndstooth Suit, $538, Neiman Marcus
3. Shiseido Perfect Rouge Tender Sheer Lipstick, $25, Dillard’s
4. Pelle Moda Women’s Dyane Slide, $88.85 – $112.54, Endless
5. Jeepers Peepers Oversized Cat Eye Sunglasses, $37.61, Asos Keep reading »