- Teri Hatcher didn’t attend the “Desperate Housewives” wrap party and her name was left off the card that Eva Longoria, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross and Vanessa Williams gave to the crew. Oooof. Come on now, ladies. That’s just mean. [Celebuzz]
- Rihanna partied so hard at the Met Ball she ended up at the hospital! And, this being RiRi, she tweeted pics of the adventure. [Crushable]
- Johnny Depp field a bunch of questions on Jimmy Kimmy’s show from Johnny Depp impersonators. That’s not creepy or weird or anything. [The FW]
- Joe Jonas and DJ Pauly D are joining that new dating show, “The Choice.” Hmm, Amelia was probably kidding when she wrote the show would probably only get a C-list “‘Jersey Shore’ cast member” … but she turned out to be right! [PopCrush]
- This fellow is very concerned about the amount of BJs he is getting. [Em & Lo] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: teri hatcher
Teri Hatcher is sick of Gwyneth Paltrow having all the fun. That is to say, she wants to tell women how to live their lives better too, so she started her own lifestyle site: GetHatched. Unlike Gwynnie’s GOOP, Teri’s site doesn’t advocate slurping kale juice and spinach soup or staying at the most expensive hotels while vacationing in Morocco; her angle is all about balancing life as a busy mom. “GetHatched is about finding your way to the ME part without getting lost along the way. My desire is to be able to reach women, lots of women, and supply just the right boost they might need on any given day,” says Hatcher. So, how does she provide that boost? Well, if this video is any indication, she does it through sex talk. And sleep talk. And discussing with regular non-celeb moms how their men can get them in the mood by cleaning up around the house and making sure the kids get off to school OK. I guess this is kinda like porn for the busy middle-class mom? I don’t know; did the world need really need another celeb telling normal people how to live their lives better? [via Huffington Post] Keep reading »
Teri Hatcher is following in Gwyneth Paltrow‘s footsteps, with a new online publication in the works. The “Desperate Housewives” star has teamed up with Disney to launch GetHatched.com, a website for women. “I have a compelling passion to be a woman with other women,” she said. “We’re the caregivers, the teachers, the lovers.” Huh?
It makes sense for a corporation to want a big name involved when they launch a new website — instant publicity! — but can Teri be the driving force behind a media empire? Will people care enough about what she has to say for this to pay off for Disney?
As for content, Teri will supposedly be talking about “what worked for me and what hasn’t,” like the time she went to pick up groceries without doing her hair and got snapped by paparazzi: “I should have taken an extra 30 seconds to show I have style.” Thanks, Teri, that advice was really helpful. If today were April 1, we’d think this was a joke. [THR via AV Club] Keep reading »
This past weekend, Teri Hatcher threw a garage sale at her house and raised $20,000 for Los Angeles charities. The sale was invite-only, and browsers paid $50 smackeroos to get in the door, though Teri did treat them to her favorite cupcakes, flown in for the occasion from Coral Gables, Florida. Some items for sale included Coach purses, Disney hotel packages, boots signed by Eva Longoria Parker, never-worn clothes, and toys. Hatcher was joined by guests like Camryn Manheim from “The Practice” and Jane Lynch from “Glee.” Hatcher says the garage sale was her daughter’s idea, but apparently she enjoyed herself. “You get motivated by the giving,” she said. “I can’t wait for the next one!” [People]
Interestingly, celebrities seem to throw yard sales all the time. And thank goodness, since they no doubt have better stuff than busted toasters and some scratched-up records. Keep reading »