- “Teen Mom” Amber Portwood got into a drunken brawl with a stranger at an Anderson, Indiana IHOP back in November and the restaurant has sold the tape to Star magazine. There was “hair-pulling” and punches thrown. I want to make a joke, but Amber has long-since passed the point of being funny to just being sad. [Radar Online]
- Ex-Backstreet Boy A.J. McLean is holding a “death-themed” wedding, as you do. [TMZ]
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt took their six kiddos to the famous NYC toy store F.A.O. Schwartz yesterday. Please, please tell me there are cute pictures of little Shiloh dancing on the giant keyboard? [US Weekly] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: teen mom
“I’m shocked Kourtney Kardashian is pregnant again. Did she not learn anything from Teen Mom? Maybe it’s a fake pregnancy like Kim’s wedding. SAD. Double standards in this world? Yes, and guess what? Age and money honestly do not change a person’s poor choice. Quit making excuses.”
— Farrah Abraham from “Teen Mom” ranted on Twitter today about Kourtney Kardashian‘s announcement that she is pregnant with her second child. But, Farrah, what is Kourtney Kardashian supposed to “learn” from “Teen Mom”? Kourtney didn’t get pregnant as a teen — she is having her second kid at age 32. And she’s been in a long-term relationship with Scott Disick, who, while a douche, seems like a better parent than Gary or Ryan, two of “Teen Mom”‘s all-star dads. And why is Kourt having a second child a “poor choice”? I hate to break it to you, Far, but age and money do change a person’s poor choice — having age/experience and money/resources generally makes huge life decisions like having children a lot easier.
MTV sure lucked out with its first batch of teen moms. Maci, Farrah, Amber, and Catelynn are all such compelling characters that watching the utter mundanities of their life is interesting. So I was happy to have the foursome back for last night’s season three premiere of “Teen Mom.” If you haven’t watched yet, SPOILER ALERT. If you have, click on for the good, the bad, and the most WTF moments of the episode. Let’s make this like a water cooler and discuss in the comments section. Keep reading »
“Teen Mom” was always real … but it just got real. Emergency personnel responded to Amber Portwood‘s house in Anderson, Indiana, on Tuesday morning after a call from Gary Shirley’s mother claimed the 21-year-old mother was depressed and threatening to kill herself. According to Star magazine, police arrived to find Portwood lying face-up on a couch with a rope “loosely knotted around her neck.” She was apparently fading in and out of consciousness and needed an oxygen mask to help stabilize her before she was taken to a local hospital. Amber Portwood’s life, as chronicled on MTV and in the tabs, has always been a hot mess — from her boy drama to her arrest for assaulting Gary Shirley, the father of her kid — and I’m sorry to see how it’s affecting her. Mental illness is not something that can be ignored in hopes that it just goes away. I hope Amber Portwood and MTV take this suicide attempt seriously and get her the help she needs.
Confession: I am 31, and sometimes I feel like I’m not ready to get married yet—that it’ll still be a few years before I’m ready to sit down in a roller coaster car with someone, lower our safety bar, and ride the ups and downs of life together. (Yeah, that’s not my best analogy ever.) But different strokes for different folks—I mean, my mom got married at age 20 and has had a pretty awesome life thus far. What I’m trying to say is that I’m totally fascinated by people who get married when they’re 17, 18, 19, 20, or 21 since it’s such a big commitment to make at such a young age.
Apparently, MTV feels pretty compelled by this topic, too. They’ve ordered a pilot for a new series called “Married Young.” The concept is very similar to “16 and Pregnant“—the idea is to show teenagers put in a situation where they have to grow up fast. Keep reading »
The list of top trending baby names in 2011 is further proof that “Teen Mom” may be ruining the next generation. The most popular boys and girls names so far this year are Bentley and Maci. (Bentley, of course, is the name “Teen Mom” Maci, ahem, gave her son.) Okay, if you say so, new parents. Also on the trending list are Quinn (from “Glee,” who I should note was also a pregnant teen) and Knox (from the Jolie-Pitt brood. What? No love for Viv?). In other baby news, Bryan Adams named his daughter Mirabella Bunny after … the Easter Bunny. This is a strange world we live in. [MSNBC, Huffington Post] Keep reading »
And now for a trashy people update: “Teen Mom” Amber Portwood‘s car has been vandalized over an “affair” she is allegedly having with some guy named Midas. (Yes, vandalizing other people’s cars is still a thing people do, apparently.) According to Radar Online and the Daily Mail, Amber has “run off” with the boyfriend of another woman, causing her baby daddy Gary Shirley to weep into his Ed Hardy T-shirt. Who’s Amber banging now? Her neighbor, 25-year-old Midas Fields. I think we can all agree “Midas” is a badass name, right? Anyway, Midas’ girlfriend and baby mama caught the pair in flagrante delicto and chucked Midas from the house, allegedly causing Amber to yell, “I’m ridin’ your baby daddy!” Thatta girl, Amber! Shortly afterward over Easter weekend, Amber returned home to find her house egged and her Ford Taurus spray painted with “obscene language.” Ugh, girl-on-girl crime is so typical in these situations. Why isn’t it Midas that the baby mama is mad at? And why is Amber such a hot property after she beat up her boyfriend on national TV? Get a clue, people. Still, I like to think Jennifer Aniston relives the Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie showdown vicariously through these people. [Daily Mail UK] Keep reading »
If you lived anywhere near my apartment building, you would have heard a dramatic scream of “Noooooooo!” circa 9 a.m. this morning. Why? Because I read that Leah Messer and Corey Simms of “Teen Mom 2“—aka the couple I dubbed the most inspiring on television—have split after just six months of marriage. Apparently, it was Leah who did the leaving, moving out of their family home after a series of fights over money. Yesterday, she was spotted at her local courthouse and a clerk confirmed that, while she hadn’t filed anything, she had picked up divorce or custody papers.
This news makes me very, very sad. Keep reading »
- Lindsay — just Lindsay! Lindsay Lohan is officially dropping the “Lohan” from her name. Like, Oprah and Cher, Lindsay wants to be referred to by her first name only from now on. Lindsay it is! Her mother Dina tells PopEater that Dina and Ali will also be changing their names to Dina’s maiden name, Sullivan. Good job, Michael Lohan, now your family is even changing their names to get away from you! [PopEater]
- Prince William’s bachelor party — hosted by our fave firecrotch ever, Prince Harry — is set for this weekend at a private location and promises “plenty of booze and some legendary activities.” I bet, heh heh. Quick, ladies: now’s our chance to break up the engagement! [US Weekly]
- Chris Brown’s publicist quit after he broke a window in a dressing room at “Good Morning America” and stormed out of the studios with his shirt off. Good move, lady. Also, ABC apparently wants to try to get Chris and Rihanna to televise a meeting with each other, which sounds really sensitive, ethical and not at all profit-motivated. [Page Six, The Superficial]
- Happy 69th birthday, Aretha Franklin! May you have many, many more silly hats ahead of you. [Black Voices]
- Oh snap! Bristol Palin and her friend, “Teen Mom” Maci Bookout, may have had a falling out. Sources tell Crushable that Bristol is giving the cold shoulder to her former pal, perhaps because she’s gotten more famous. Er, “famous.” [Crushable]
- David Arquette was involved in a head-on collision in LA this afternoon. He’s been taken to the hospital in an ambulance but the severity of his injuries is unknown at the time of posting. [TMZ]
- Drag queens are angry at Lady Gaga. Watch your back, girl! [Betty Confidential]
- Sirius FM thought it necessary to launch an all-Charlie Sheen, all-the-time radio channel. [PopEater]