Taylor Swift has been kind of an unavoidable beacon of willowy heartbreak lately, hasn’t she? This sad little moppet took a break from eviscerating Harry Styles and Conor Kennedy in song, to attend the Golden Globes, the Grammys, and now the Brit Awards. She’s never met an awards show she didn’t like. Thankfully, she’s got a cadre of stylists and designers clamoring to dress her. This time, Ol’ Swifty chose a gorgeous Elie Saab gown, with revealing sheer side panels. Well played, Ms. Swift. Perhaps you will attract another gloriously nubile young man to take you to the dance.
Tag Archives: taylor swift
Hey, I’m not telling Us Weekly how to live its life, but holy crap do these mini-me children-dressed-as-Grammy winners creep me out. First off, I am super not cool with the idea of little kids dressing up as people whose reputations are built on their sexiness. Second, they gave one little boy fake facial hair so he could look like Sean Paul. What is that about?
The Us photos are part of a larger project called Toddlewood, by photographer Tricia Messeroux. According to her Tumblr, this is part of “the hottest photography project featuring the who’s who in Hollywood and politics but in a smaller more irresistible package.” Keep reading »
A few years ago, a favorite subject of conversation in pop culture writing was about Taylor Swift’s perceived “slut shaming” in her songs. Need I remind you of the song “Better Than Revenge,” allegedly directed at the actress Camilla Belle for stealing away Joe Jonas, which includes lyrics like “she’s not what you think, she’s an actress / she’s better known for the things that she does on the mattress”?
Today, the favorite subject of conversation in pop culture writing about Taylor Swift is her long list of boyfriends. Can you name them with me? Joe Jonas, Jake Gyllenhaal, Taylor Lautner, John Mayer, Conor Kennedy, and most recently Harry Styles from One Direction. (Pardon me if I forgot anyone.)
My, how the fickle winds have changed. Keep reading »
- Actual headline on Us Weekly‘s web site: “Taylor Swift & Carrie Underwood ‘Hate Each Other’.” Oh, hello, catfight narrative that doesn’t affect male celebrities! [US Weekly]
- Christina Applegate is leaving “Up All Night” and may be replaced by Lisa Kudrow. Hmm, I wonder if those rumors that her hooking up with Will Arnett led to the tragic Arnett-Poehler split of 2011 were true. [NYMag.com]
- Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady’s baby daughter Vivian is as gosh darn adorable as you would expect. [Styleite] Keep reading »
- John Mayer’s succinct explanation for what went wrong with Taylor Swift, Jennifer Aniston and Jessica Simpson: “I was just a jerk.” [US Weekly]
- An anonymous rich person (very rich person) chats about their life and comes off as extremely likable. [The Billfold]
- Check out the cover art and track listing for Justin Timberlake’s new album, The 20/20 Experience! [Just Jared] Keep reading »
- Taylor Swift has been “crying nonstop” since her breakup with Harry Styles, according to Star magazine, and “bawled herself to sleep” the night of the Golden Globes after Tina Fey jokes about Swift staying away from Michael J. Fox’s teen son. [WetPaint]
- And Ben & Jerry’s new “30 Rock”-themed flavor is … Liz Lemon! Lemon Greek frozen yogurt with a blueberry lavender swirl. [Pop Culture Brain]
- Lindsay Lohan supposedly asked her friend Lady Gaga for a half-million dollar loan to pay off her debts and got shot down. Guess she’s got to go back to The Bank Of Charlie Sheen then? [Celebitchy]
- I can’t believe there’s more than one ridiculous circumcision story in a day. National Enquirer reports that Taylor Swift and Harry Styles broke up because she wanted him to get his foreskin snipped and he wouldn’t. Who comes up with this stuff? [Pop Bytes]
- Don’t be embarrassed if you’ve had sex with an ex. Everyone does it. Not everyone … but lots of us. [Nerve]
- Learn the science behind kissing. My favorite discovery: turtles kiss by tapping heads. [Em & Lo]
- A roundup of some of Cosmo’s all time worst sex advice. There’s plenty to choose from. [Uptown Magazine]
- Here are some rules to follow if you’re planning on having a one-night stand. Real ones, not Cosmo ones. [iVillage]
- A guys weighs in on whether or not they mean what they say when they’re drunk. I once told someone I worked at a bean factory when I was drunk. I didn’t mean it. Didn’t even remember saying it. [A New Mode] Keep reading »
Taylor Swift fans don’t get any respect and I’m okay with that. It means that I’m willing to listen to this Tom Odell cover of “I Knew You Were Trouble,” sung as a ballad — instead of that faux dubstep weirdness — and Taylor haters are not.
“No. No … Just back off. I don’t keep up with it all, but Taylor Swift writes songs about everybody she goes out with, right? What a way to build a career.”
–Michael J. Fox ruminates on the career arc of Taylor Swift and disses TT as a potential love match for his son Sam. Sam, you’ll remember was the center of a joke during the Golden Globes, when Amy Poehler warned T. Swift to “stay away from him,” to which Swift responded with some total bitch face. I don’t know about you, but I wouldn’t want to cross Alex P. Keaton. [NYMag.com]
I always get so inspired by red carpet fashion, until I realize that my day to day life affords me very few opportunities to wear sequin fishtail gowns, and then I get sort of depressed. But luckily for us non-famous folks, there were a few trends from last night’s Golden Globes ceremony that can easily translate to the real world: for example, sparkly statement earrings. Stars like Taylor Swift, Salma Hayek, Naomi Watts, Debra Messing, and Alyssa Milano wore huge, glam earrings last night, but this look works just as well with a little black dress for a dinner date as it does for the red carpet. Want to steal this celeb style? I found 10 pairs of gorgeous, sparkly statement earrings starting at just $24. Click through to check ‘em out…