- Susan Boyle revealed she has Asperger’s syndrome, a high-functioning form of autism. The Scottish singer became famous on “Britain’s Got Talent” in 2009 and received her diagnosis only last year. As a child, she had been told by doctors that she was brain damaged, although she never believed it. [Guardian UK]
- LaToya Jackson married her longtime friend and business partner, Jeffre Phillips. Mazel tov! [US Weekly]
- Leighton Meester is joining the cast of “Of Mice And Men” on Broadway. The revival is starring James Franco and Chris O’Dowd. [Variety]
- After getting trashed by some people (but not everyone!) for her performance in “The Sound of Music Live,” Carrie Underwood is praying for the “mean people” who “need Jesus.” [Eonline] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: susan boyle
- Sharon Osbourne goes mean on the radio with “Opie & Anthony” while talking about “Britain’s Got Talent” sweetheart, Susan Boyle, saying she’d been hit “with the ugly stick.” [Popeater] — Oy. Seriously, lacking grace, Sharon.
- Shakespeare is coming back to the big screen with another new face. Gerard Butler and Ralph Fiennes will perform in “Coriolanus,” a play that’s hardly ever assigned in high school English. [EW] — My nerd excitement is telling me to go!
- Celebrity chameleons have consumed copious calories, forsworn makeup, worn fake noses, and (horror!) gone brunette for good roles. Reminisce over their many changes in this gallery of faces, from Mariah Carey in “Precious” to Oprah in “Beloved.” [Us Weekly] — Mariah Carey is completely unrecognizable with her natural hair and face.
In the furor over the surprisingly glam Susan Boyle Harper’s Bazaar pics that came out recently, some of you may have forgotten early rumors that she’d be on the mag’s cover rather than an inside feature story.
Well, I wrote about the rumors for another site a few weeks ago and the readers there haven’t forgotten. Instead, I’m still getting diatribe-esque comments, many of which have been taken down because they were a hot mess that violates site commenting policy. Honestly, I didn’t think I was saying anything everyone wasn’t already thinking when I wrote that the idea of Susan Boyle on the cover of high-fashion mag Harper’s Bazaar was insane.
I may not be popular for saying this, but I, for one, would rather see models on the covers of magazines. Let me explain. Keep reading »
- Susan Boyle gets glam in the September issue of Harper’s Bazaar. The singer comments on her fast rise to fame, but says she is not getting Botox and is fine with the way she looks – “short and plump.” [Us Weekly] – Thank you Susan for not giving into the superficial pressure of Hollywood! You rock.
- Dr. Bailey, aka Chandra Wilson, will soon be pulling a double shift – Bailey will appear at Seattle Grace on “Grey’s Anatomy” and head over to Oceanside Wellness in the new season of “Private Practice.” Chandra will also direct her first “Grey’s” episode this fall season. [Entertainment Weekly] – Girl knows how to multitask!
- Ashlee Simpson-Wentz is happy to be an outsider. At least that’s what she told People in an interview about her new “Melrose Place” character Ella, a girl “desperate for love.” Ashlee didn’t reveal too much, but spilled the show is packed with “jaw-dropping” moments. [People] – Hmm, I’m not sure how I feel about Ashlee playing a young teenager; she’s married and has a baby.
Remember Susan Boyle’s “makeover” well turns out this time she really did get a makeover and a brand spankin new attitude! The hard work has paid off and she will be featured on the cover of Harper Bazaar’s September issue. All this business about secret locations and designer dresses leads us to believe that its going to be quite the shoot. Check out her Today show interview after the jump. [NY Mag] Keep reading »
Grandma Lee, a contestant on last night’s episode of “America’s Got Talent,” doesn’t sing, dance, or do magic. She simply tells jokes — ones you wouldn’t expect a 75-year-old grandmother to tell. I thought the show was setting her up to bomb, but she really was kind of funny and had great delivery. I didn’t expect sweet and wrinkled Grandma Lee to talk about her daughter losing her virginity. The judges sent her to Vegas to compete some more, and I’ll be curious to hear her next stand-up routine. If singers are more your thing, you should also check out Barbara Padilla’s performance. She’s actually a diva in the real meaning of the word. Keep reading »
Susan Boyle is one reality TV contestant who let fame go to her head. And by that, I mean she had a breakdown as a result of the celebrity that was thrust upon her after appearing on “Britain’s Got Talent.” But she’s not alone. Paula Goodspeed committed suicide outside “American Idol” judge Paula Abdul’s home after being teased about her weak tryout. Then there’s CT from “Real World/Road Rules Challenges: The Duel 2,” who would have killed Adam in a couple fights if producers and cast members hadn’t intervened.