- Bravo’s “Watch What Happens Live” tried so hard to get Lil’ Kim to talk trash about Nicki Minaj. And she valiantly succeeds in not giving in until this snipe: “If you have to make a song called ‘Stupid Hoe’ then you must be a stupid hoe.” Come on, Lil’ Kim! Can we not catfight? Please? Stop egging Kim on, Andy Cohen! [Dlisted]
- Amanda Knox has sold her memoir to Harper Collins for $4 million. [New York Times]
- Cissy Houston — Whitney’s mom — wants Bobby Brown to eff the hell off and keep his paws off his ex-wife/her daughter’s estate. [PopCrush]
- Guess which celeb, at age 12, lost the lead role in “The Parent Trap” to Lindsay Lohan? No hard feelings, though. [Celebuzz]
- Ten things you probably didn’t know about “The Simpsons.” [The FW]
- Job interview tips from movies (which may or may not actually work). [Modern Man]
Keep reading »
Tag Archives: stupid hoe
Maybe I am just old, finally. That would be the most reassuring explanation for Nicki Minaj’s seizure-inducing music video for “Stupid Hoe,” a song about … uh … some stupid hoe?
It’s a catchy, poppy rap that’s mostly titillating for being denigrating to women. (Although I’ll admit, “I’m Angelina / you Jennifer / come on, bitch, you see where Brad at” is really clever.) But it’s really the video that’s worth paying attention to: Nicki Minaj’s crazy-colored hair and lipstick schtick is trotted out again and in this video, she takes a Britney-esque turn by writhing inside a cage wearing fishnets. Oh, and there’s a lot of butts.
Lots to look at, at least. It’s visually interesting, but kind of the same way the inside of a Forever 21 is visually interesting: sensory overload, then forgettable. What say you? [FlavorWire]