- When my ex was invited to a bachelor party weekend in Montreal, where the strip clubs are apparently insane, he wanted nothing to do with it. I would not have cared if he got a lap dance, I think. But Marie Claire now wants to freak us the eff out by telling us how many guys have sex with prostitutes during bachelor party festivities. Gee, thanks, Marie Claire! Check out some horrifying quotes, like the one that follows. “I assumed strippers would paw me, then I’d go home and have sex with my wife,” said one dude. “But after the stripper got me excited she said ‘For $100, I’ll finish you off.’ It was like Zeus reaching down from heaven. When a girl is literally unzipping your pants, men can’t say no. We’re not built that way.” [Marie Claire]
- Target released an “It Gets Better” video. Does that make up for the fact the company donated campaign money to an anti-gay candidate? [Queerty]
- Rapper 50 Cent knocked singer/actress Jill Scott’s weight on Twitter. [Essence]
Tag Archives: strippers
There was a moment on “The Real Housewives of New Jersey” last year where Danielle Staub takes a few friends to a pole dancing class. The auspice of this activity was that she felt so violated about the release of her sex tape that she needed to do something to feel good again. She played shy at first, but as the scene progressed it became increasingly clear that Danielle was not at all feeling self-conscious or out-of-control of her sexuality. In fact, she took the opportunity to show of some of her former professional moves, including going spread eagle while staring down the male friends she brought to watch. “Always engage,” she said, taking over for the teacher, “And then suggest.” Shy? Please.
Well, apparently Danielle’s pole confidence has led to a new career. Danielle has now signed a three-year contract with Scores Gentleman’s Club in New York. Keep reading »
College students need to support themselves somehow. And in China, it’s becoming increasingly popular to make a living selling your body. Prostitution in China is on the rise — particularly among college students — and girls get paid not on a nightly basis, but a yearly fee.
Annual fees start around $5,000 for more homely girls, while the pretty girls — the ones who usually attend drama school — garner the most attention, and are the most expensive. Those girls can make around $25,000 a year, but the price is high: Unprotected sex is rampant among college prostitutes, who don’t want to view the sex work they do as actual prostitution. Keep reading »
“It was all about what we could do to have fun with nothing. She would come home at like three, four o’clock in the morning, and she would wake me up in the middle of the night and we’d go grocery shopping. My mom lived a fast life … that was so much fun. We would have a blast and buy a hundred dollars in groceries. It was just the best day ever.”
—Minka Kelly opens up about her stripper mother in Esquire, which named her the Sexiest Woman Alive. Does it make anyone else sad that buying $100 worth of groceries at 4 a.m. was her best childhood memory? [People] Keep reading »
- Boyfriend-of-the-year Chris Brown has been tweeting for the #fatstrippernames hash tag on Twitter and coming up with creative ways to use the word “hoe,” like “double stuffed orehoe” and “Dorithoe.” He does have PR people, right? [The Gloss]
- The Senate Crime and Drugs sub-committee announced it will investigate whether police departments nationwide are doing justice to sexual assault victims by thoroughly investigating reports. The committee was prompted by an exposé by the Baltimore Sun newspaper which found Baltimore cops have been mishandling rape reports. [Baltimore Sun]
- An Indiana hospital whose emergency room denied treatment to transgender patient Erin Vaughn, and mocked her as a “he-she,” has changed its policy so all employees must undergo training on gender identity. [SheWired.com]
I think this is real? And not a joke, like the Hungarian version of The Onion or something? According to a Hungarian website, a porn star-turned-exotic dancer named Alma Pirner (aka Ginger Jones) got together with a bunch of other strippers and set a world record for pole dancing by working the brass pole for eight hours straight. Now that’s some inner-thigh strength! Pirner told reporters she was trying to prove a point about workplace equality, not just show off her pole riding skills: “When asked why this did this, Pirner said that it was to prove that women are just as physically and mentally capable as men, and deserve to be treated equally in the workplace.” I am not sure how that works in the real world, but I will respect the words of anyone who can hang on to a pole by their ankles for that long. [True/Slant] Keep reading »
Today’s high heels regularly reach five inches, and platforms formerly reserved for stripper shoes are an honest-to-goodness civilian trend. While the figure-enhancing allure of a higher heel is obvious to this dancer, I’m surprised every time I see a young woman clomping along the sidewalk in a pair of shoes in which she clearly can’t walk. There’s a learning curve to graceful perambulation in high heels, and some gals try to leap from one-inch kitten heels to five-inch spikes without giving themselves a chance to learn how to walk the walk. It’s no surprise there’s a class that’ll teach you how to walk in heels, but if you can’t spend a week in hooker-heel class, you can still use my pointers. For me, it’s a job skill, seeing how I’m often wearing nothing but spike-heeled platforms. Keep reading »
A pinata shop in Donna, Texas, sells the usual Elmo and Batman pinatas, but it also sells one particularly troubling item: a pinata of a topless lady on a stripper pole. Moms who drive past the nudie pinatas told the local news station it’s inappropriate for little kids to see. No one questions, though, whether there’s something wrong with the idea of swinging a bat at a stripper pinata.
Keep reading »