You might think that advocates for victims of domestic violence might be thrilled about a proposal that would, in theory, positively affect their life’s work. So why is a new pilot program called “Clare’s Law,” spearheaded by the father of a woman murdered by her abusive partner and set to go into effect this summer, getting a cool reception? Keep reading »
Tag Archives: stalking
- It’s not just Beliebers going after Selena Gomez: the 19-year-old singer has gotten a restraining order against a 46-year-old man who says God has told him to kill her. Thomas Brodnicki has a history of mental illness, stalking and criminal threats and has showed up at the singer’s workplace three times already. Selena’s restraining order forbids this creep from getting within 100 yards of her, her parents and her assistant. [Los Angeles Times]
- Kate Bosworth opens up about her split with Orlando Bloom and how it caused her “actual vertigo.” Poor thing. [Us Weekly]
- Penn Badgley from “Gossip Girl” knows a lot of people hate him for being cast in the Jeff Buckley biopic. [NYmag.com] Keep reading »
I once stalked a woman I had gone on one date with the old-fashioned way – I stared at her from a distance in a public park. Judge me if you must, but as the ancient rhyme goes: I am mirrored underwear, you are laser gun. Whatever you say reflects off of me and shoots you in the face. Technology has turned us all into stalkers. That moment where I found myself sitting on a park bench and staring at a couple oblivious to my probing gaze happened before Facebook. The only difference between stalking now and then is pants. During the Dark Ages before social media sites began broadcasting a million pleas for attention, pants were a necessity. Otherwise, I would certainly have been arrested. Keep reading »
Erin Andrews is a class act — that’s the takeaway from her first special contributor segment for “Good Morning America.” Erin’s six-minute spot explored a subject she is all too familiar with: women being stalked. Michelle was stalked by an ex-boyfriend for two years whose craziness escalated from phone calls saying he missed her to threats to kill her. Sara was stalked after a disagreement with a family member who called her hundreds of times a week for a whole year before law enforcement got involved. And Dawn, like Erin, was stalked by a stranger who preyed on African-American women. Keep reading »
when stalking pays off: one guy asked the same girl out for years.There is something to be said for consistency. Take me, for example. I’ve consistently asked out the same girl, once every eight to 14 months, for the past five years. She’s consistently rejected me. Some might call this foolish, like Ralph Waldo Emerson when he said that thing about consistency. But you know what? Ralph Waldo Emerson can blow me. Read more … Keep reading »
Watching “Sixteen Candles” and “Weird Science,” it’s hard to imagine Anthony Michael Hall as anything but a sweet, docile, adorable little dude. But according to the New York Post that is so not the case. Allegedly, he stalked and assaulted Diana Falzone, his ex-girlfriend, a TV and radio host. According to court docs they dug up, Hall arrived at Falzone’s apartment last Tuesday morning, beating on her door and threatening to kick it in. She finally let him in, and he allegedly assaulted her, hitting her head against a wall. Falzone got a temporary restraining order against Hall and the hearing over the incident will begin next week. Keep reading »
- The U.S. Army apologized to Ryan Seacrest after learning the “American Idol” host’s stalker was one of their own. Chidi Uzomah Jr., a sergeant with the Army Reserves, entered the E! offices on Friday armed with a knife. He also attacked one of Seacrest’s bodyguards in September. [People] — Ryan sort of annoys us, but he doesn’t deserve to be stalked.
- During a D.C. Council hearing on marriage equality, a witness paused during his testimony to propose to his partner. [The Daily What] — Aww.
- Weezer teamed up with Snuggie to promote their new album [Spinner] — I believe a 2009 remix for “Undone (The Sweater Song)” could be in the making.