- Jennifer Lopez is allegedly playing secret messenger for Simon Cowell and his baby mama, who just so happens to be his best friend’s wife. If this is true, J. Lo must have a lot of free time on her hands because that sounds like a really undesirable gig. [Evil Beet Gossip]
- “Um-friend” is the new term to describe a significant other when you’re not sleeping together. Full explanation here. [Nerve]
- The dog days of summer calls for 10 years of shirtless male celebs. Indeed it does. [Socialite Life]
- These guys posed as women seeking men to have sex with while rolling around in a pile of money. Then when the guys showed up, they robbed them. Awful, but kind of genius. [Huffington Post]
- Craigslist “Missed Connections” are way more fun when told in GIFs. [iVillage]
Tag Archives: simon cowell
That’s right folks, the reality TV judge we love to hate (and love to love) is going to have a little one of his own to give his branded form of “constructive criticism.”
The 53-year-old is expecting his first child with New York socialite Lauren Silverman, 36. The two have been friends for a while, though they aren’t technically together. In fact, Cowell’s baby mama, rumored to be 10 weeks along, is still married to real-estate mogul Andrew Silverman. Before you’re too quick to judge the couple, don’t forget about new parents Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, who conceived before Kim’s divorce to Kris Humphries was actually finalized. Read more on Your Tango…
- Simon Cowell always played evil on TV, but we didn’t think he was like, actually terrible. But now, he’s having a baby with his best friend’s wife, New York socialite Lauren Silverman. What? Supposedly “Lauren and Andrew have been unhappy in their marriage for some time, and their divorce has been in the works for a while,” a source tells Us. “As their marriage deteriorated, she and Simon became close.” Cue this jam. [US Weekly]
- Kate Middleton, of the perfect hair and perfect skin and basically perfect life, didn’t use any painkillers during her delivery of baby Prince George Alexander Louis, according to sources who I guess were all up in Kate’s medical records. She’s also said to be “committed to breast-feeding,” though she “doesn’t want to be a pin-up for the breast-feeding lobby. She feels that it is a matter of personal choice,” says an unnamed “palace insider.” [NY Post]
- Uh-oh. Troubled “Full House” star Jodie Sweetin is back in rehab, and has rescinded her bid for sole custody of her daughter Beatrix. She’s battled crystal meth and alcohol addictions in the past. We wish her well. [THG]
- Rihanna won her lawsuit against retailer Topshop. Ri Ri sued them for using her likeness on a tee. [Fashionista] Keep reading »
Sorry, but I ran across these paparazzi photos of Simon Cowell frolicking on the beach yesterday, and since I’ve had to look at them, I figured it was only fair if I forced you to look at them, too. So there he is, gamboling on the beach in Barbados in all his hairy-chested glory. Enjoy (but not too much). [Photo: Fame/Flynet]
December has not been kind to Britney Spears, what with the rumors of relationship trouble and claims her ex-hubby’s brother actually fathered her kid. Now, Us Weekly reports that the singer’s first season as an “X Factor” judge will be her last. “Britney will get the boot,” according to a source; another says bigwigs are sour that they paid her $15 million ”for her to say ‘amazing’ and offer half-claps.” And a third source says co-creator Simon Cowell hasn’t been wowed either: “He wanted crazy Britney, but he got boring Britney.” Read more…
Last night, Britney Spears made her “X-Factor” debut, and it was priceless. Britney is back, and she is, well, super weird, making strange facial expressions and seeming kind of blank. But whatever, I could watch Britney Spears simulate real human emotion forever. And you know, she’s not the easy judge everybody thought she’d be. She actually has a lot of not very nice things to say, in the way that someone who is not very bright but is trying to seem witty might.
Oh, but that’s not the only thing that happened to Ms. Spears Wednesday night. She also had a very “Maury Povich” visitor from her past!
Maybe you’ve heard of this British pop band One Direction? Perhaps you have a tweenage sister that’s begging you to take her to their concert? As far as we can tell, they’re just latest boy band iteration, this time masterminded by “X-Factor” and “American Idol” svengali Simon Cowell. As such, we’re not particularly interested in listening to their music, which my friend Julieanne refers to as “My Chemical Newsies.” But the hair? Oh geez, we could talk about that travesty all day.
“It’s like owning a dog and the dog will only sit next to its master. If she’s away from me, she pines. She’s unhappy. She has to sit next to me … I like loopy. I can be a bit loopy at times, and I can hang out with her socially because she gets on with my friends. We have a similar sense of humor and I tell her there are no rules on this show, so don’t worry about how you want to behave.”
—Simon Cowell talks to People about his relationship with Paula Abdul, who will be joining him on the show “The X Factor.” Wait, did he really just make an analogy in which he is the master and she is the puppy? Ick. [People] Keep reading »
Back in the fall, rumors circulated that Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler were being tapped as the new judges for “American Idol.” The choices seemed random and people denied, denied, denied the reports. And then it turned out that the two new judges were … Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler. So we’re paying a little more attention to the rumors surrounding who will be joining Simon Cowell on the judging panel for his new show—technically a British import—”The X Factor.” The latest name to enter the race? Nicki Minaj. Sources say that she is in talks to join the series and that producers hope she will bring a youthful vibe to the show. [Huffington Post]
So will Nicki be sitting next to Simon on the panel? Guess we’ll have to wait and see. After the jump, more folks who may or may not become “X Factor” judges. Keep reading »
Those Canadian YouTube discoveries keep getting younger and younger. Ten-year-old Heather Russell is the latest youngster to be discovered online, Bieber-style. Simon Cowell saw videos of her performing her songs (which she wrote herself) and signed her to his record label immediately. If you don’t look, you might think you’re listening to an adult until she gets to the lyrics about getting ice cream. A little screechy for my taste. Maybe that will change when she hits puberty. Thoughts about Heather Russell? [Heatworld] Keep reading »