At the British Fashion Awards earlier this week, Sienna Miller debuted a new shade of blonde hair best described as “rose gold.” Basically a very light pink with orange tint, those plebeians at Crayola would probably call it “peach.” I happen to think this wash of color is quite pretty on the right person. And as a number of other celebs have demonstrated, rose gold color can be used in subtle highlights or as an overall color. Click on to see what I mean…
Tag Archives: sienna miller
What you wear out to a night of drinks and dancing can be the difference between having a booty-shaking awesome good time, and winding up scowling miserably at the bar while all your friends are having fun. Wear a dress that’s too tight, or heels that are too high, and you’ll be ready to go home. But! Find the proper footwear and a cute, comfy skirt, and you’ll do fine.
So take a page from these celebs — what they did wrong, and what they did right — when planning your next going-out outfit.
Sienna Miller took a spotlight sabbatical for a few years there (but not before blessing the popular world with the ubiquitous plague that was “boho,” of course), birthing out a human, getting engaged to total ponytail babe Tom Sturridge, etcetera. But now she’s ba-ack, and you know what? Girlfriend looks hotter than ever. She even showed up at the Golden Globes earlier this year looking crazy radiant and then was like, “I’m really not wearing any makeup,” and we actually kind of believed her. Now, she’s definitely got some makeup going on here, along with a gorgeous Dolce & Gabbana floral frock, but seeing Sienna back and at it reminds us why we liked her so much in the first place… and it was not the boho wardrobe. Not even close. [Photo: WENN]
The Tribeca Film Festival began with a bang last night with its star-studded Vanity Fair kick-off gala. Countless familiar New York City names were spotted at the annual event, from the festival’s founder Robert De Niro to “socialite” and headband-wearer Arden Wohl. This is New York City, after all, so naturally many of the partygoers were in head-to-toe black looks. Adorably preggers Evan Rachel Wood was radiant in a flattering black halter dress, and Sienna Miller looked rad in a short black-on-black floral frock that showcased her killer shoes. Both Karolina Kurkova and Rachel Roy chose pantsuit looks for the occasion, and Whoopi Goldberg looked like the awesomest good witch/cool aunt ever in her trademark Cool Flowy Black Thing. (I love Whoopi.) So! Who do you think wore black better at the Vanity Fair party? It’s a tough call, right?
Dear Sienna Miller’s Wardrobe Circa 2004,
You don’t know me, but I know you better than I know many of my family members. Would you like me to draw a detailed inventory of every one of your shrunken denim vests, floral sundresses, and slouchy thigh-high boots? Because I totally could. I will even defend you for that six-month period when you decided pants in public were totally optional. You see, Sienna’s Wardrobe, I was completely and totally obsessed with you from around 2004 to 2005. I worshipped you to a point of unhealthy obsession. You were my one and only style inspiration for nearly two years of my life.
But the truth is, I haven’t thought about you in quite awhile. At some point I must have moved on, but I didn’t realize it until I saw this new photo (shown above) of Sienna Miller, circa last week. Like seeing an old boyfriend pop up in Facebook’s “People You May” section, it instantly brought back a flood of memories, but something was different: I didn’t experience the mad rush of envy and desire that I’ve felt so many times before… Keep reading »
“[A director] had an actor in to read opposite me. We hadn’t even been introduced. And the director told this guy to start seducing me and kissing my neck while we read. It was so weird. Eventually I just said: ‘I can’t do this.’ And, of course, I was told I was difficult and all that. But I felt really violated by letting it go on for 10 minutes to try to get a job. And, of course, I didn’t get the job. But it felt so old-fashioned, so inappropriate.”
– Sienna Miller opens up about her modern day “casting couch” experience when some creepy director watched an actor kiss her for 10 minutes during an “audition.” Miller played Tippi Hedren (above) in HBO’s movie “The Girl,” a disturbing flick about how director Alfred Hitchcock sexually harassed Hedren throughout the filming of “The Birds.” As gross as Miller’s experience was, it was nothing compared to the awful exploitation older Hollywood actresses have had to go through just to get work. “Nowadays we are far more able to achieve things without feeling indebted to some man who essentially wants to control and possess free-spirited women,” Miller said. I’m dying to know the identify of the offending director. [Guardian UK]
There’s just something about women who brag about how easy their births were that’s just. Mmm. I dunno. ANNOYING?! First, Gisele Bundchentold us about her painless birth at home and how “violent” births are in hospitals. (How would she know? I mean, if she’s never had one? Just askin’.) Now we have this doozy from Sienna Miller:
It’s the best, the greatest thing in the world … I would do that day a million times again. I would do that day, every day. I loved it.
She’s not talking about becoming a mom. Nor is she talking about being pregnant – which some women apparently enjoy. She’s not even talking about the making of the baby. She’s talking about having it. Childbirth. Labor. She’d do it every day. All day long, no doubt. Come on, ladies. This isn’t an easy birth bragging contest. Read more…
Sienna Miller had her first child over the summer with Robert Pattinson‘s adorable BFF Tom Sturridge, but just before she popped out daughter Marlowe (what, is that not a clinical term?), she posed for a nude portrait by her artist friend Jonathan Yeo. The painting itself is actually quite beautiful, but Yeo had to go and ruin it with a silly artist’s statement that made it sound like Sienna was the first woman to ever pose naked and pregs, and it was totally, like, groundbreaking and stuff. He included the portrait in his exhibition in Germany as a counterpoint to the other paintings in the feature, which documented cosmetic surgery patients undergoing procedures “in a bid to help them conform to societal notions of beauty.” Keep reading »
- Lily Allen is pregnant with her second child with husband Sam Cooper! The couple’s firstborn, Ethel Mary Cooper, is almost eight months old. Mazel tov! [PopCrush]
- Kourtney Kardashian gave birth over the weekend to a daughter named Penelope Scotland Disick. Sienna Miller also gave birth to her little one. Congratulations, mamas! [Betty Confidential, Celebrity Cafe]
- “Bridesmaids” and “The Office” star Ellie Kemper married this weekend in New York, with pals Kristen Wiig and Mindy Kaling in attendance. [Stupid Celebrities]
- Usher’s ex-stepson Kyle Glover, 11, is brain dead after a jet ski accident in Lake Lanier, Georgia. Kyle is the son of Tameka Foster, Usher’s ex-wife. [PopCrush]
- Sex tips from girls who get paid for it: prostitutes at the Bunny Ranch tell all. [iVillage] Keep reading »
Poor Sienna Miller. Is it just me, or does she look extremely tired of being pregnant? [Photo: Bauer-Griffin]