- “The Weiner Monologues,” a saga about Carlos Danger — code name of former New York Rep. Anthony Weiner, who sexted dick pics to a young admirer named Sydney Leathers, AKA a woman who is not his wife — is headed to Off Off Broadway. The director described it as “a devised Greek tragedy composed of found texts.” [New York Times]
- Did Demi Lovato have a sapphic fling with Australian DJ Ruby Rose? [World Of Wonder]
- Tom Hanks has revealed that he suffers from type 2 diabetes. [Huffington Post]
- Firefighters helped a man remove his penis from a toaster. [Gawker]
- Responding to Miley Cyrus’ interview yesterday with Matt Lauer on “The Today Show,” dad Billy Ray Cyrus said that she has never been so happy since her breakup with Liam Hemsworth. [ETonline] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: sexting
Now that any online dating experience will eventually escalate to mobile messaging (whether What’s App, iMessage, or How About We’s app), it’s not enough to have mastered the English language. We live in an emoji world now. Originally added to iOS for Japanese teenagers, the diverse set of smileys is now used by people of all ages around the world. Emojis can function as avoidance, word substitution, or whimsy. But just as you choose your words carefully, you wouldn’t want to fling the octopus symbol around with abandon. Your latest Tinder match might assume you’ve got a fetish.
In his New York Times column, Nick Bilton recounted his friend’s emoji mishap, in which the woman involved would type flirtatious messages via emoji (the flamenco dancer, a martini) and her male counterpart responded with the thumbs-up icon. While the guy thought he was responding positively, the girl assumed she was being prodded into the friend zone. Some emojis are ambiguous, and they should be used with awareness of the situation. Our brief guide: Keep reading »
For a long time, eyebrow-arching and pearl-clutching over “hookup culture” has focused on young women: they will feel used by young men and come to believe they can only derive value in themselves from their sexuality. Such concerns have been roundly and fairly criticizing as portraying young women as victims lacking in agency, or worse, in need of a paternalistic watchful eye.
There has been less of a focus on how hookup culture affects young men. According to a piece by the usually-spot-on journalist Abigail Pesta, writing for NBCnews.com, there is “an increasing confusion among boys about how to behave” and experts say “boys who engage in this kind of sexualized behavior say they have no intention to be hostile or demeaning — precisely the opposite. While they admit they are pushing limits, they also think they are simply courting.”
Oh dear. Keep reading »
Super Hot Tech News! Sydney Leathers Is The New Face Of iHookup — Plus, There’s An App That Lets You Know If You’re Great In Bed
It’s an exciting day in the app world. According to TMZ, Sydney Leathers has signed a six figure endorsement deal to be the new face of iHookup, a mobile app for “casual dating based on sexual chemistry.” (I think that might be code for NSA sex?) Her duties will include having an active profile and regularly interacting with users. It’s not clear what kind of interactions exactly. Sexting, I suppose. “It’s all about that instant gratification and hooking up with the right person at the right time. Sydney seems to have that nailed down!” said a rep for the company. Well, I think this might be her best business move yet. It sounds like she’ll be leveraging her skills and talents. [TMZ] Keep reading »
Exclusive! Sydney Leathers On “Fox News Fembots,” Anthony Weiner’s Sexting Skills, Her Porn Name & More!
Can you believe it? Sydney Leathers — you remember her, right? — in our LA office! Talking about sexting with Anthony Weiner! Who woulda thunk? Okay, so the political junkie and dick pic recipient has been on a bit of a media bender, so maybe we shouldn’t feel too special. But still! Sydney was kind enough to share her thoughts on everything from conservatives’ sex lives, Weiner’s sexting skills, the legitimacy of her made-for-porn name, whether she would forgive her husband for cheating, and how her family has reacted to her newfound infamy. Check out what Sydney has to say in the video above!
“If I really wanted fame or attention, I probably wouldn’t have tried to remain anonymous (for as long as I did). I probably would’ve came out sooner with everything. And to be honest, I wouldn’t have given away the exclusive photos and the transcripts of our conversations for free to Nik Richie if I was looking to gain from it. … Once my identity was leaked, I felt like I had no choice. It was like, “You might as well speak for yourself, otherwise everyone else is going to try.” … I’m not saying I had no choice to do the photo shoot, but once my face was out there, it was like, You might as well capitalize on it while you can. Because what am I going to do? Hide in a cave and pretend I don’t exist for the rest of my life? … I don’t feel like I exploited [anything] and I don’t feel like I’m being exploited either.”
– I fail to be titillated by anything Sydney Leathers does at this point. Between the masturbation porn, the visit to the Howard Stern show, the bikini photo shoot, and that service piece she wrote for xoJane about how to seduce a politician, I’m burnt out on ol’ Syd. (But in case you’re wondering, “Leathers” is a German last name. Of course it is.) [Complex]
- Anthony Weiner’s latest sexting recipient Sydney Leathers is continuing apace with her media blitz. After her bikini photoshoot and taking a meeting with Vivid Video’s CEO, Syd hit up Howard Stern’s Sirius radio show. She says he’s “too busy jacking off” to run New York City and “so book smart [but] so stupid in life.” YUP! [Huffington Post]
- Stand by your man? How Huma Abedin, Weiner’s wife, can do what Hillary Clinton couldn’t. [NYMag.com]
- New couple alert? Taylor Lautner is reportedly dating his “Tracers” costar, Marie Avgeropoulos. [People]
- A woman in Germany gave birth to a 13 lb. baby! Baby Jasleen isn’t the heaviest ever baby born, or even born this year, but she is the largest baby who has been delivered vaginally in Germany so far. [Huffington Post]
- Book-inspired ice cream flavors! [QuirkBooks] Keep reading »
Sydney Leathers, former paramour of distinguished NYC mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner, shall not go softly into the night! No, no, between ratting out Weiner for his second sexting scandal and taking meetings with Vivid porn execs, Leathers also found time to conduct a little bikini photoshoot on the beach in Santa Monica. I dig her retro swimsuit and extensive array of tattoos. I didn’t realize Weiner had such edgy taste. Anyway, the clock is ticking down on Sydney’s 15 minutes, so click through for more photos… [Photos: INFphoto.com]
New York Daily News: There is no one you are sexting now?
Anthony Weiner: You can quibble about beginnings, middles and ends but what we’re talking about is over a year ago.
That’s … not a “no.” But NYC mayoral candidate/sexting aficianado Anthony Weiner is a slippery one, so go figure that he wouldn’t answer this question. After the jump, here’s what Carlos Danger had to say about whether any more ladies will come out of the woodwork with additional pictures of his dick (see the others — NSFW! — here). Oh, excuse me, these ladies were his “friends.” Keep reading »
Well, this is awkward: Anthony Weiner got his ass handed to him on a platter by a New York City voter who thinks his lying, cheating self has no business running the city. Last week the bomb dropped that Weiner, who is running for mayor of NYC, carried on a sexting-and-phone-sex affair with a 22-year-old Indiana woman, Sydney Leathers, even after he had resigned from Congress over past a past sexting scandal. Weiner is adamant that he is staying in the race. Staten Island resident and retired schoolteacher Peg Brunda confronted dick pic enthusiast Carlos Danger to ask why he thought he had the “moral authority” to hire and fire educators in the NYC school system when he himself struggles with basic sexual impulse control. Keep reading »