We’ve been wondering what Scarlett Johansson’s been up to. Apparently it’s starring as Janet Leigh in the new Hitchcock bio-pic, titled, well, “Hitchcock.” Do you think she’s pulling it off?
Tag Archives: scarlett johansson
This weekend, the hugely anticipated blockbuster “The Avengers” hits theaters, bringing together a motley crew of super heroes, including Robert Downey Jr.’s “Iron Man,” Mark Ruffalo’s “The Hulk,” and Chris Hemsworth’s “Thor.” The lone butt-kicking lady of the bunch? Scarlett Johansson, who plays the Black Widow — a role she first played in “Iron Man 2″ — in the flick. “There is no magic wand to wave over oneself to look good in a latex catsuit,” she famously said about the role. And yet, she makes it look so easy. In Scarlett/Black Widow’s honor, here are 10 other kick ass female film and TV characters and the women who played them. Keep reading »
Hellooooo, Scarlett! Disregarding the fact that, like, everyone and their corgi seems to be getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Scarlett nailed it in Preen yesterday at her ceremony. Nailed it! I haven’t seen her look this good since before her busted Sean Penn days. This is how you do it.
TLC’s “My Strange Addiction” is everything I could have longed for in a show and more. I am like a kid in a candy store grappling with toilet paper consumers, rock eaters, compulsive nail growers, and even pee drinkers. OK, so the pee drinking episode was really hard to watch. But most of the others … absolutely compelling. So many odd obsessions, so little time. What are the chances they’ll start airing the show ’round the clock? Maybe they could feature Scarlett Johansson next season. Now that she’s off her strict “Avengers” diet, she’s going buck wild … with buffalo wings. “Oh my good [I am obsessed] with buffalo chicken wings, I am addicted to them … You will have to roll me down the red carpet next time you see me … I can’t stop eating them, I just can’t get enough.” That sounds like the makings of a great “My Strange Addiction” episode. I’m picturing ScarJo making covert excursions to sports bars and eating her wings secretly in the parking lot. Keep on clicking to see other celebs’ strange addictions. [Celebitchy]
Evening Quickies: Frances Bean Cobain Responds To Courtney Love’s Allegation That Dave Grohl “Hit On” Her
- Frances Bean Cobain’s PR people just sent out the following statement from the daughter of Courtney Love, regarding her mother’s recent claim that ex-Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl “hit on” her: “While I’m generally silent on the affairs of my biological mother, her recent tirade has taken a gross turn. I have never been approached by Dave Grohl in more than a platonic way. I’m in a monogamous relationship and very happy. Twitter should ban my mother.” Good for Frances for setting the record straight.
- Scarlett Johansson opened up about her divorce from Ryan Reynolds in the latest issue of Vogue, which she called “horrible” and “devastating.” Even though their divorce was “comically amicable,” Scarlett said, “I don’t feel on the other side of it completely” and regrets that while they were married they couldn’t spend more time together because of their busy careers. ScarJo comes off as surprisingly relatable in this interview. [Vogue]
- Axl Rose won’t attend this year’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony as a member of Guns N’ Roses and wrote a letter to the Hall of Fame stating, “I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia.” Axl Rose and ex-bandmate Slash haven’t shared a stage for almost two decades. [Rolling Stone]
- President Obama called Kanye West a jackass again. [Uptown Magazine]
- Grab the Kleenex: Nick Lachey says rumors of a 98 Degrees reunion tour are greatly exaggerated. [Starpulse]
- China censored Kate Winslet’s 3D naked body in the re-release of “Titanic.” [Celebrity Cafe]
- Ranking twentysomethings’ TV jobs from most to least realistic. [Flavorwire] Keep reading »
I know it’s been a while since Scarlett Johansson had a hit movie - but has she really resorted to selling porn movies and sex toys? No! But her image is being used to offload X-rated goodies near the California – Mexico border.
TMZ broke the story after spotting ScarJo on a VIP business card. It seems the A-lister has been adopted as the face and body of the adult superstore in Calexico without her knowledge. Read more…
By now, you’ve probably heard the name Nate Naylor at least 12 times in the last 24 hours. If you are living in a tree house in the forest somewhere, Nate Naylor is Scarlett Johansson’s new advertising exec boyfriend that’s already been dubbed her Don Draper. Oy. Depending on which sites you consult, Scarlett has been dating the 38-year-old “average Joe” (although he’s far hotter and probably richer than “average”) for somewhere between four to six months. You can check out his personal website filled with artsy photography and tasteful nudes (hopefully none of which are Scarlett). Click through to see some more famous ladies who are happy with their average Joes. We use that term loosely, of course. [Business Insider]
Probably the biggest movie this holiday season? Unquestionably “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.” And as such, its star, Rooney Mara, is on the brink of major mega stardom. Her dystopian take on Lisbeth Salander, shaved eyebrows, piercings, tattoos and all — has become the talked about look this season, and is already being reflected on some runways. But what might the movie — and Lisbeth — been had she been played by other well-known actresses? Say, Scarlett Johansson (a blonde Lisbeth?) Or Keira Knightley (a highbrow British Salander)? The ladies of the blog But You’re Like Really Pretty re-imagined Ms. Dragon Tattoo as such. Take a look. [But You're Like Really Pretty]
“It’s a laziness. People can’t actually say the whole name? It’s just bizarre. Cate Blanchett is not, like, ‘CaBla’? Why is that? Why do I have to get stuck? If I hear somebody say that, I know I don’t know them at all.”
– Scarlett Johansson on the idiocy that is ScarJo. Yup. [Celebitchy]
“Getting married was the right thing to do because it was natural. It grew out of a romance and love and a desire to have a future with somebody, and I was very fortunate that I married somebody who turned out to be the person I thought he would be.”
– So why did Scarlett Johansson get divorced, again? I was sad — and shocked — when her and Ryan Reynolds called it quits, and it sounds like Scarlett may be having second thoughts. If anything can make a girl long for an old love all over again, it’s seeing them out and about looking pretty cozy with some hot new arm candy (ahem, Blake Lively). [Perez Hilton]