We’ve been chatting away about Anna Wintour and Diane von Furstenberg’s mega project, Fashion’s Night Out, all month long, but today the video has arrived. Watch Anna (being all smiley/giggly/cutesy!), Diane, Sarah Jessica Parker, P. Diddy, Isaac Mizrahi, and many more, explain why they want you to shop so dang badly. Enjoy! [Stylelist] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: sarah jessica parker
The book Prospect Park West won’t be released until Sept. 9, 2009, but author Amy Sohn, a former New York magazine columnist, is getting a huge publicity push from a woman who knows a thing or two about making four NYC friends popular worldwide. Sarah Jessica Parker’s Pretty Matches production company, along with HBO, has optioned the novel for a half-hour series. “It’s got sex, parenthood, and celebrity. Brooklyn is about to blow up nationally,” an insider at Simon & Schuster told the New York Post. But after reading a brief description of the characters, I doubt I’ll relate to any of them, and I’m a New Yorker. The four women are yuppies who, like other urban pioneers, are trying to stake their claim on the outer borough of Brooklyn, but only the overpriced neighborhood of Park Slope. They’re “burned out, bitchy, and beyond salvation,” yet they expect to be noticed and loved. Basically they seem like the same women I run into on a daily basis — rude mommies who think everyone’s top priority should be their kid. Reading is an escape for me, but Prospect Park West seems like it’ll be torture. No, thank you! Keep reading »
Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick have released their first family pic with newborn twin girls, Marion and Tabitha (who a surrogate popped out last Monday), alongside big brother James Wilkie. Looks like this family won’t be going the gender-neutral route—notice how the girls are in pink and the boys are in blue. [People]
- Jay-Z reportedly threatened to cancel his performance at the BET Awards if Chris Brown was allowed to pay tribute to Michael Jackson. [New York] — I wonder how Jay feels now that Rihanna wants to work on her “friendship” with Chris.
- Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick have released a photo of their week-old twin daughters. [Dlisted] — Son James Wilke doesn’t look too thrilled, though.
- Tameka “Tiny” Cottle, T.I.’s fiancee, and Antonia “Toya” Carter, Lil Wayne’s ex-wife, will star in the reality show “Tiny & Toya,” airing June 30. [AP] — Hot mess!
- Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick’s twin daughters were born yesterday via a surrogate. The babies’ names are Marion Loretta Elwell Broderick and Tabitha Hodge Broderick. [Quickies] — That first name sucks ass, even if it has familial significance.
- Mattel is releasing “Twilight” dolls in the likeness of Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson’s characters, Bella Swan and Edward Cullen. [Perez Hilton] — OK, Kristen officially has to give up her I’m-so-awkward-I’m-cool shtick because nothing spells conformity like M-A-T-T-E-L.
- How did Tanner P. from “The Bachelorette” know that Jillian’s feet were “softer than s**t?” [E! Online] — I guess he’s had a ton of crap in his life.
E! Online recently asked readers if this painting of Sarah Jessica Parker, an equine rendition of her Covet perfume ad, is too mean. The overwhelming response: hells yeah.
But honestly, I’m not at all offended. I love Carrie Bradshaw as much as the next girl, but I actually chuckled when I saw this on the art blog Gallery of the Absurd. Sarah is obviously beautiful, but, well, if she were animal, she’d definitely be a horse. And Sarah Jessica isn’t the only one who artist 14 has painted. After the jump, some of our favorites of her work. Keep reading »
When Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick announced they were having twins through a surrogate, they kept the woman who’s carrying their baby’s identity secret. But rumors are swirling that it’s a 26-year-old “bisexual, tattooed rocker” who is divorced, lives in Ohio, and has already been a surrogate once before, that time for a gay couple. Star reports Michelle Ross works in a kennel and likes wearing “five-inch black spike heels which lace up the front.” If it’s true that Ross is the surrogate, you can bet she’s cleaned up her ways, because SJP and Broderick’s children are supposed to be born in July. No official numbers on how much the surrogate is making; however, Grazia claims she’s getting around $150,000 in gifts. [Star, Scandalist, Times of India] Keep reading »