What is it about Sarah Palin that TV networks just keep giving her reality shows? Serious question. The former governor of Alaska has signed up for her second reality show, this time on the Sportsman Channel (wherever that is). “Amazing America With Sarah Palin” will highlight “people, places and pasttimes” in America that make it a great country. Or something. “Sarah Palin’s Alaska” was cancelled by TLC after only one season, so I don’t have high hopes for this one. But I would watch the following reality shows starring Sarah Palin… Keep reading »
Tag Archives: sarah palin
- Today “The View” hosts debated whether or not it was appropriate for Bill Maher to call Trig Palin, Sarah Palin’s son who has Down Syndrome, a “retard” during his stand-up set. [Mediaite]
- Jay-Z announced this weekend that he is putting out a new solo record in July called Magna Carta And Holy Grail — and find out why will Samsung users will score the record for free ahead of everyone else. [USA Today]
- Leyla Ghobadi, the Canadian model who recently claimed that Kanye cheated on Kim Kardashian with her, has retracted her statement. Just in time for baby Kimye! [Huffington Post]
- A far cry from Barney on “How I Met Your Mother,” Neil Patrick Harris will play an “East-German transgender pop star” in the first ever Broadway production of “Hedwig and the Angry Inch.” [Flavorwire] Keep reading »
This past weekend, the National Rifle Association held its annual convention in Houston, Texas. Around 70,000, pro-gun supporters turned out to see speakers like Bobby Jindal, Ted Nugent and Sarah Palin spread second amendment gospel.
But there was also tons of shopping. Gun owners always be shopping! A large part of the convention was taken up with gun shops shilling their wares to an uber-devoted customer base. And because this is America, land of opportunity, gun companies have begun pandering to a heretofore largely ignored population — female gun owners and supporters. In NRA terms, this means producing a bunch of pleasantly pink guns, accessories and clothing to show support for guns. The conference took place just one day after a man shot off an AR-15 rifle inside the Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport, in a thwarted suicide attempt (he was later killed by security). Glenn Beck told an audience at the NRA Convention that the man’s death was a set up by the progressive left. And it also took place on the 43rd anniversary of the Kent State Massacre, in which four unarmed students were killed and dozens maimed by the Ohio National Guard. Keep reading »
This weekend was the Conservative Political Action Conference, an uber-conservative political event where all kinds of crazy shit goes down each year. It was sad because some of these people are absolutely batcrackers crazers. Like, my dad is a Fox News-loving, Bush-voting Republican and he is embarrassed by these people. But at the same time it was delightful because all weekend my Twitter was blowing up with “Oh my God, Sarah Palin said what?!” incredulity. And I do love a good Twitter kerfluffle.
So here are some highlights — and feel free to add others in the comments. Keep reading »
- Sarah Palin has somehow gotten another book deal, this time pandering to the tiny amount of people who do not understand that one of America’s founding principles is freedom of religion. A Happy Holiday IS A Merry Christmas, which is out this November, will be a defense of “our faith” and rant about the “politically correct Scrooges who would rather take Christ out of Christmas.” Is she still a thing? [U.S. News & World Reports]
- Vogue editor Anna Wintour has been named the “artistic director” of Condé Nast — a newly created position just for her. [New York Observer]
- You will be shocked to read that Gwyneth Paltrow has her kids on a low-carb diet. [Eonline] Keep reading »
Between tweeting from two accounts (The Frisky’s and my own), updating the liveblog with election results, and bouncing back and forth between the networks, I somehow managed to keep my sanity last night as the presidential election was decided. Here are 10 moments you might have missed… Keep reading »
I only recently discovered the amazing phenomenon that is “Friday Night Lights,” and more specifically, the glorious perfection that is Connie Briton as Tami Taylor. I told Amelia I wanted to be Tami Taylor for Halloween and hopefully win some kind of costume party prize for Least Timely Pop Culture Reference, but then Amelia threatened to dress up as Amelie and steal my crown. Bitch. Anyway, just in case you’re looking for a costume idea that’s neither current (like these internet obsessions) or cheekily retro, but instead falls awkwardly into the pop culture gulch of the past few years, well, click through for some delightfully outdated ideas…
“I’m certainly not doing it for the money, no! … Our family’s mantra is to live life vibrantly.”
– This is Sarah Palin‘s response to questions about her family’s embrace of television, which, if you are keeping count, started with “Sarah Palin’s Alaska,” moved on to “Bristol Palin: Life’s A Tripp,” and will soon include Todd Palin in a new game show called “Stars Earn Stripes.” It’s all about living life vibrantly, everyone! [NYMag.com]
The Republican National Convention is August 27 to 30 in Tampa, Florida, and that means the area’s 40 strip clubs are scrambling to get ready. Strip club owners say that during the 2009 Super Bowl in Tampa, they doubled and tripled the number of dancers. What will happen for this GOP-palooza? Well, you’ll be happy to hear the Sarah Palin-lookalike stripper is booked. Another club has set up an online chatroom called the Club Cam where deep-pocketed Republicans can chat with strippers — for $4-a-minute, plus a $19.99 monthly membership — before their plane even lands in Tampa. Hey, what recession?! [TampaBayOnline] [Photo: Getty]
I know you had better things to do last night than watch the premiere of “Bristol Palin: Life’s A Tripp,” so I watched Bristol’s reality show for you! The first 20 minutes or so tried somewhat admirably to depict her life as a young, single mom whose baby daddy is out of the picture — although I say “somewhat admirably” because most single moms probably don’t live in their own huge apartment and have piles of abstinence-only lecture fees to throw up in the air like Scrooge McDuck.
The part that really had me screaming at the TV? This video above where Bristol gets in a bar fight with some gay, sexist douchebag who called her mom a “whore” and then she calls her friend crying because this heckler was just upset about the family’s position on [snotty tone of voice] gay marriage. SO IRRATIONAL, right? It’s hard to feel bad for anyone here.