Like us on facebook
Tag Archives: salma hayek
“We Mexicans eat bugs, but we don’t eat horses. We have many recipes for some of them. Escamoles, which are eggs of these little ants—fried, they are amazing with a little bit of guacamole. And the worms—I’m salivating, they’re delicious. It’s all in the way they cook it, the little grasshoppers have a smokey flavor to them and it’s really good.They’re not that easy to find, they’re delicatessens … delicacies. My French is getting a little better, and my English is getting a lot worse.”
—Salma Hayek talking to David Letterman last night about her favorite foods, and how marrying a Frenchman is killing her English. What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten? [Huffington Post] Keep reading »
“It was Valentina’s request. I didn’t think about it until she brought it up. We were shooting a film, and she saw my chair with my name on it. She says, ‘What does it say there?’ And I said, ‘Salma Hayek.’ And she said, ‘What about Pinault? Why not Pinault?’ Because people here (in France) say ‘Madame Pinault.’ I said to myself, ‘This is who I am now. I’m starting a whole new life. I’ve never been happier. Why shouldn’t I share it with the people who have been supporting me my whole career, who have been with me since the beginning?’”
– Salma Hayek-Pinault explains why she adopted her husband Francois-Henri Pinault’s last name after being married for about a year. Their daughter, Valentina, is extremely perceptive. [Celebitchy] Keep reading »
By now, it’s no surprise that celebrities will forgo solid foods to prep for red carpet events and awards shows. So between the Blueprint Cleanse and the Master Cleanse, starlets probably OD on certain juice tastes pretty quickly. That’s why, for the past 10 years, Salma Hayek purchased her blends directly from Juice Generation’s Eric Helms and shipped them from New York to Los Angeles, all in the name of juice devotion. But after her second wedding and intense juice diet to prep for the big day, she realized this was not only a good way to shed pounds fast, but a money-making business. So what once was her secret to slimming down is now available for everyone. The Cooler Cleanse comes with five juice flavors: a green juice, a grapefruit mint, a red juice with beets and apples, young coconut water, and nut milk sweetened with dates. So how much will Salma’s cleanse set you back? A mere $58 a day for juice as part of the three-day or five-day cleanse, and $62 a day for the Raw Food Cooler. Um. Yeah. For that price, it had better give you giant knockers too. [New York] Keep reading »
“I won a ‘Best Body Award’ from Fitness Magazine and I was too embarrassed to accept it. I actually don’t have a good body, but if everybody thinks so, I guess it means I’m a good actress. I have acted the part of the girl who has a very good body.” [Parade via Celebitchy]
—Salma Hayek, dissing her famous curves. Why are celebs always saying things like this? Are their standards just insanely high? Or do they think they’ll be more likeable if they don’t admit they have hot bods? Keep reading »
- Salma Hayek spewed a barrage of Spanish words (expletives) at a restaurant hostess. Salma didn’t have a reservation. When her girlfriends told her to stop, Salma just bitched in English. [Dlisted] — When Salma’s hungry, she’s really hungry.
- Security for the “Sex and the City” sequel has been beefed up because fans arrived for the first day of shooting as early as 7 a.m. “They looked more like they were protecting the President than Sarah Jessica Parker,” said an onlooker. [NYDailyNews.com] — Let’s hope these fans are out of work and looking for something to occupy their time.
- What’s a girl to do if she doesn’t want to get pregnant but doesn’t want to take hormonal birth control? [TrèsSugar]
- Chris who? Rihanna was seen tonguing down Aubrey Drake Graham of “Degrassi: The Next Generation.” [Dlisted] — Maybe Rihanna should stay away from the baby faces.
- Actress Kate Walsh’s estranged husband, Alex Young, has subpoenaed the president of Disney/ABC television to testify about Kate’s finances. [Perez Hilton]
- Kendra Wilkinson and fiance Hank Baskett will bid farewell to singlehood at a joint party thrown by Bridget Marquardt. “We don’t need the last night of freedom thing. If we are apart, we are going to be on our cell phones like, ‘What the f–k are you doing? Is there any a– in your face?” [E! Online]