Sure, it looks like it could be called “Drive 2: Bangkok Nights,” but another movie — directed by “Drive”‘s Nicolas Winding Refn — where Ryan Gosling plays a silent, brooding type looking for a fight? Yes, please!
Tag Archives: ryan gosling
- We knew Ryan Gosling loved his trusty mutt, but now he’s spread his love of animals to the barnyard. The Gos penned a letter on behalf of PETA (side eye) to the National Milk Producers Federation this week asking them to halt the “barbaric practice” of removing calves’ horns. Get to it, milk producers. Ryan hath decreed it so! [Yahoo News]
- Can Lena Dunham only write male characters who are misogynists or date rapists? [Salon]
- Street style blogger Garance Doré has very strong feelings that “vagina” is an ugly word and we should all be saying “pussy” instead. I’m pretty sure anything is better than “vajayjay.” [Fashionista]
- Oh, Simon Doonan, what were you thinking suggesting we “bring back the Afro”? [Madame Noire]
- Ke$ha had “eyeball sex” with Johnny Depp. It’s less gross than it sounds. [Huffington Post] Keep reading »
- Z-list pop singer Ryan Cabrera got a portrait of Ryan Gosling’s face tattooed on his leg. Cabrera, in case you are wondering, dated Ashlee Simpson way back in the day. Anyway, this bromance is cute but personally worrying: don’t give Amelia any ideas, please. [US Weekly]
- Shain Gandee, the star of MTV’s reality show “Buckwild” who was found dead yesterday, died of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning. [The Wrap]
- Pixar is coming out with “Finding Dory,” a sequel to “Finding Nemo” starring Dory the fish, who is voiced by Ellen DeGeneres. [Fox News]
- Today In Ickiness: the insurance provider for John Travolta’s production company paid out $80,000 last year to at least two sexual assault claims last year, Gawker has discovered. The actor has repeatedly been accused of sexual assault/abuse from male employees for years. [Gawker]
- Magic Johnson’s gay son Earvin John III is our new imaginary gay BFF. (He’ll only be imaginary until we make him our real gay BFF.) [TMZ]
- Check out “No Guns Allowed,” a new music video by Snoop Lion (née Dogg), Drake, and Snoop’s daughter about gun violence. It’s actually quite touching. [Idolator] Keep reading »
As an expert in all things Ryan Gosling, I have become deeply aware that Ryan’s favorite pose is to shake his first and snarl. Seriously, it is his go-to. And you know what he finds worthy of his surly contempt? Products that feature his name and/or gorgeous face. Click on for 12 photos of Ryan shaking his fist and snarling at chairs, T-shirts, tote bags, baby onesies, and more crap featuring his identity….
America’s Superhero, Ryan Gosling, doesn’t just break up street fights and save people from being hit by cabs, he also won’t stand for other men catcalling his woman. The New York Post reports that when Gosling overheard a photographer who recently shot his girlfriend, Eva Mendes, shout “Hey baby” at her at the Bowery Hotel, he lost his shizz, getting in the photog’s face. “Who are you calling baby?” God, it sounds like a cut scene from “Gangster Squad.” Dying. Anyway, Mendes has to apparently get between the two before things got really heated and eventually Ryan made nice with the photographer, because, you know, he’s a lover not a fighter. The weird thing about this story is that I live right near the Bowery Hotel and had I seen Ryan and Eva there, it’s very possible I would not have been able to contain my own “HEY BABY,” only directed at Ryan instead of Eva, obviously. In other words, this could have been me in this gossip item. Or something. [NY Post]
At this point does it seem like Eva Mendes cares? The tabloids are running wild with stories about her insecurity over Ryan Gosling. I suppose it’s stemming from the fact that they’ve been out and about lately promoting their new movie and Rachel McAdams just announced her break up from Michael Sheen. But does this kind of nonsense irk her? She always comes out looking the worst and the underlying sentiment is that Ryan should be with Rachel. That must suck, right? You all know where I stand on this but still… it must suck to have the majority of the public think your hot boyfriend is better off without you.
So what’s a girl to do? Win an Oscar! Read more...
Easter has almost arrived! Here’s a good reason to forgo church, drunk brunch or whatever happens to be your usual Easter Sunday tradition — hunting for Ryan Gosling! Or, more specifically, hunting for plastic Easter eggs with Gosling’s visage inside them, thousands of which are hidden in cities across the country. It’s called Gosling Easter and of course I plan on participating. But the best part about going on this hunt in New York this year? The Gos is actually in town right now promoting “The Place Beyond The Pines,” and he lives in my neighborhood, so if I’m lucky, maybe I’ll find the real man. (Or end up in jail for stalking but whatever.) [Gosling Easter via Gothamist]
“When I look at the movie, I see this melting pot of all these masculine clichés: motorcycles, muscles, tattoos, guns, and yet when faced with this mirror, which is his child, he sees that none of those things make you a man.”
– Obviously, I am first in line at every Ryan Gosling movie, but when a film prompts my man to talk all smart-like about traditional gender roles and behavior to The New York Times, I get extra, extra excited to see it. I know it’s gonna be a little rough to watch Ryan macking on real-life girlfriend Eva Mendes in “The Place Beyond The Pines,” but I’ll deal. Another tidbit from the Times interview? Apparently, Ryan went a little buck wild experimenting with his character’s (fake) tattoos. “I was trying to create a portrait of somebody who had made a lifetime of bad decisions, and tattoos were the best way,” he said. “[But] I had no restraint. They were crawling up towards my face.” That includes the exclamation point underneath his eye, which director Derek Cianfrance insisted he keep on for filming. I dunno, face tattoos aren’t really my think, but Ryan makes it work. Check out a shot of his (fake) back tattoo after the jump! [NYTimes] Keep reading »
According to the April 2013 issue of Details, our celebrity sexual fantasies are dominated by Ryan Gosling and Mila Kunis. No surprise there. I get it. All these people are thoroughly fuckable. I’m just wondering how Bradley Cooper eeked his way onto there. Has nobody seen those pictures of him getting a perm? See a larger version here. [Boy Culture]
Because why not? The world is about to see a whole lot less of Ryan Gosling, so we better bask in the aura of his beauty while we can.