Harry’s currently in Antarctica for his trek to the South Pole, and he’s given an interview about his thoughts on the upcoming journey and his family’s reaction to him on such a dangerous undertaking. He explained that Prince William was jealous of his trip, adding, “My brother, yeah, I think he’s just quite jealous that I managed to get away from a screaming child.” Read more on Celeb Dirty Laundry…
Tag Archives: royal family
- Kate Middleton is apparently getting some shit for “smiling” and “twirling” her hair at a somber Veterans Day event. Listen, those waves don’t come natural, they need tending. [The Daily Beast]
- GQ‘s Men Of The Year cover stars are … Justin Timberlake, Kendrick Lamar, Will Ferrell, James Gandolfini and Matthew McConaughey. [GQ]
- Lamar Odom is supposedly clean now and has been spending quality time with Bruce Jenner, who’d probably be my choice for least annoying Kardashian Kompanion. [TMZ] Keep reading »
You know she is freaking out about this: Taylor Swift is gearing up to perform at Kensington Palace this month for William and Kate! On November 26, she will serenade the royals and their attendees at the Winter Whites Gala, which will benefit Centrepoint, a charity that assists homeless young people. Taylor is “really stoked” about the invitation and “very, very honored.” This is her first performance at a royal engagement, and says she’s practicing her etiquette to get ready. When she was asked how she’ll address Prince William, Taylor said it would be presumptuous of her to assume she’d get to speak to them at all. “First, I’ll just be polite enough to not assume I’m going to get to meet them,” she said. Awww, what a well-mannered thing to say. James Blunt will also be performing, as will Jon Bon Jovi, who will win a special award for his humanitarian work. Something tells me Taylor will be the only one who gets invited over by Kate afterwards to hang out.
My invitation must have gotten lost in the mail or something. [People] [Image via WENN]
- That baby looks way more Windsor than Middleton.
- Silly hats are still a thing.
- Whose idea was it to dress an infant in a probably million-dollar antique lace christening gown that it’s just going to barf all over? C’mon, peole.
- Does that flap on the front of Kate’s dress move? Because if so, that’s a brilliant way to cover up dribble stains.
- Holding a cute baby really does make men look hotter.
Check out a few more christening pics after the jump! Keep reading »
Forget Kate Middleton’s Flat Post-Baby Abs, I Want To Talk About Her Ability To Play Volleyball In Crazy-High Wedges
I have seen, no joke, upwards of 20 headlines today crowing about how flat Kate Middleton’s abs are just four months after having Prince George. OMH, how does she do it?! Well, she’s practically a princess so I assume she has a magic wand. Anyway, I wasn’t going to post about it — because who cares? — but then I saw the photos (taken at the SportsAid Athlete Workshop in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London) and realized there was something far more impressive to blog about. Look at the gracefulness of that jump float (yes, I just learned that word, and no, I’m not entirely sure it applies)! And look at the shoes she’s doing it in! This is far more headline-worthy, c’mon. Click through for a few more photos, including a close up of those sweet kicks. [Photos: Pacific Coast News]
It’s not you. Sorry. Keep reading »
- Prince Harry will propose to 24-year-old girlfriend Cressida Bonas next year, gossipy friends of the couple told the UK’s Telegraph. “Harry is coming on very strong, but she is all over the place,” said the source. “She thinks she is far too young to get married and is scared by all his talk of marriage and settling down.” [Telegraph UK]
- Halle Berry and her husband Olivier Martinez welcomed their first child together, a baby boy, on Saturday. Halle also has a five-year-old daughter, Nahla, with ex Gabriel Aubry. [Us Weekly]
- The Pussycat Dolls are reuniting. I didn’t even know they’d split up. [ONTD]
- Carson Daly is engaged to his baby mama Siri Pinter, a food blogger. The couple have two kids together already. Mazel tov! [US Weekly]
- Whaaat. 106 long-lost “Doctor Who” episodes, featuring the first two Doctors, were found in Ethiopia. [Boing Boing] Keep reading »
- Now that Prince William and Kate Middleton are moving into Kensington Palace with baby George, locals on the UK island of Anglesey are opening up about the couple’s time there while Wills worked for the military. They say Kate never wore makeup while grocery shopping, the pair went pheasant shooting once a month, and they once turned up at a “Toy Story 3″ moving screening wearing “Day-Glo comedy afro wigs” … whatever that means. [Daily Mail UK]
- So sweet: “Scandal”‘s Columbus Short tweeted that costar Kerry Washington was “ROBBED” of an Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series Emmy and “I wish I could of ran on stage [sic] and pulled a Kanye.” [Madame Noire]
- I’m madly jealous that Rihanna got to snuggle a slow loris. [TMZ]
- Cher opens up about how she was affected by her son Chaz’s sex change, her thoughts on Hillary Clinton, and why she never takes drugs. [Guardian UK]
- Tsk, tsk, Friskies: Internet cat stars are born, not made. [The Daily Beast] Keep reading »
Per royal tradition, Kate Middleton and Prince William will be choosing not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, but 6 godparents for Prince George. In some ways, it really takes the pressure off of the royal couple, because, as any godparent-bestowing parent knows, picking just two can be daunting. But in other aspects, sheesh. It almost makes offending people all the more easy. If you’re friends or relatives with the Duke and Duchess and you’re not chosen, what does that say about you?
The selection process is already underway, and although it will likely be a bit of time before all 6 are chosen, one godparent already has reportedly been selected. And, shockingly, it isn’t Pippa or Harry. Read more on The Stir…
Kensington Palace released the first photos of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince George. The photos, taken earlier this month by the Duchess’ father Michael Middleton, show the new family in the garden of Michael and Carole’s sprawling Bucklebury manor.
One photo shows William, Catherine, George with their cocker spaniel, Lupo and the Middleton family’s retriever, Tilly.
The Duke and Duchess stayed with the Middletons for the first few weeks of George’s life. Now it’s understood that the family of three is staying at their rented farmhouse in Anglesey, Wales while William finishes his operational tour with the Royal Air Force. [Socialite Life] [Photo: Michael Middleton/PA Wire]