Congratulations to newlyweds Prince Felix and Princess Claire of Luxembourg who rolled out of their “chic, low-key civil union” yesterday in this BMW Isetta 300 microcar. I respect their scaled down approach to royalty. Ahem, British royals. Who needs horse-drawn carriage when you can leave your wedding in a designer clown car. So much hipper! [The Sydney Morning Herald]
Tag Archives: royal wedding
News of Kate Middleton’s pregnancy broke only days ago, but already there’s been a steady appetite for updates about her condition and the royal baby growing inside of her. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s baby will be third in line to the British throne, bumping Prince Harry down to the fourth position. Since Will and Kate were forced to reveal the good news before they wanted to, due to Kate’s acute morning sickness, the public will be following along with the pregnancy for longer than expected. To get up to date, here are some FAQs and answers about Kate’s pregnancy.
Q: How far along is she?
A: The palace has only confirmed that Kate is less than 12 weeks along. Some sources says she is only eight weeks along, which would mean we can expect a baby at the end of June or early July. Read more…
- Prank callers from an Australian radio show pretending to be Prince Charles and the Queen were put through to Kate Middleton’s personal nurse at King Edward VII Hospital and were told confidential medical information about Kate’s pregnancy. Ooof. [NYMag.com]
- Watch a deleted scene from “Girls.” Hannah’s not perky enough for a cupcake shop, apparently. [Top 5 Funniest]
- Here’s what really goes down at a bachelor party from a former party bus hostess. (It’s not as bad as you think!) [xoJane]
Royal-watchers are ravenous for news about the forthcoming progeny of Prince William and wife Kate, so E! and other sites take a look at what life will be like for the soon-to-be third in line to the British throne:
- He or she will be welcomed with tolling bells, cannons, and bonfires. Yes, really.
- His or her last name will be the same as William’s. Which is Mountbatten-Windsor, for those not in the know.
- If she’s a girl, her name will probably include “Diana.” But it most likely won’t be her first name, just one of many, the Atlantic Wire points out. Europe’s largest betting firm is already taking bets, reports People. Read more…
A photograph of Kate Middleton in a bikini, allegedly from on her honeymoon with Prince William, has been published on the cover of Women’s Day magazine. The royal couple, as you surely remembered, had requested that their weeklong honeymoon be kept private and chose a remote island in the Seychelles for that very reason.
Which begs the question: How much privacy from the prying eyes of photographers are Kate Middleton and Prince William entitled to? Keep reading »
“[The crowds] were singing and cheering all night long, so the excitement of that, the nervousness of me and everyone singing — I slept for about half an hour. The hardest thing was trying to walk down the stairs with my spurs on, sideways. I had visions of myself and my brother [Prince Harry] colliding and crashing down the stairs.”
– Prince William discusses the stressful night before his internationally televised wedding to Kate Middleton in a new TV special called, “Elizabeth: Queen, Wife, Mother.” Apparently the Queen also helped him deal with some guest list drama: “There was very much a subdued moment when I was handed a list with 777 names on it — not one person I knew or Catherine knew. I went to [Queen Elizabeth] and said, ‘Listen, I’ve got this list, not one person I know — what do I do?’ And she went, ‘Get rid of it. Start from your friends and then we’ll add those we need to in due course. It’s your day.’” Awww! [Us Weekly]
One year after her marriage to Prince William, the former Kate Middleton has something new to celebrate: Her “induction” is now complete and St. James’ Palace considers her a “fully fledged member” of the British monarchy, a senior royal source tells CNN. She achieved this vaunted status by fulfilling all her objectives of the past year, including charity work and her first speech, the source explains. Prior to the royal wedding, some had feared the “commoner” Kate would have a difficult transition. Read more…
Pippa Middleton was just having a nice, normal weekend in Paris when she popped by a fancy costume party for fashion label owner Arthur de Soultrait (yes, the Daily Mail has pictures of her silly outfit) and then tootled around in an Audi convertible with three handsome gentlemen on Sunday. But then the driver of her car pulled out a gun (whether it’s real remains unknown) and pointed it at one of the paparazzi trailing behind them, much to the amusement of Pippa and their fellow passengers. Et voilà! The first major Middleton scandal was born. Read more…
Millionaires vacationing on the private island of Mustique this week have been dealing with certain inconveniences that come with sharing an island with the Duchess of Cambridge — and apparently they are not too happy about it. Ever since Kate Middleton and her family arrived on the island to celebrate mom Carole Middleton’s birthday, other vacationers have had to deal with hardships like being shuttled to restaurants in private vehicles and not having access to specialized golf carts. Said one anonymous vacationer: “This isn’t exactly the way one expects to be treated when you pay very good money to visit the most exclusive island in the Caribbean.” Sounds pretty rough, no? [Daily Mail UK]
There’s a new fantasy image to add to the spank bank: Prince Harry groping Pippa Middleton’s famous derriére! While their older sibs are off being royal and stuff, Prince Hot Ginge goes in for an ample squeeze of the glorious Middleton tuchus. Unfortunately this pic is staged by lookalike models posing for photographer Alison Jackson. She also has a great staged images of postcoital “Pippa” in “Prince Harry”‘s military jacket, at the link. Sigh. When is Hot Ginge going to grope my booty? [Us Weekly] Keep reading »