Kate Mara and Rooney Mara are two hot, talented sisters. On the one hand you have Kate, who really stood out in the first season of “American Horror Story.” And then you have Rooney, who is the ”Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.” While Rooney has really stand-out bangs, Kate’s got a super sexy boyfriend (Max Minghella!) And they both have access to some of the top designers in the world. But their style does deviate some. Above, we take a look at some of their best fashion moments. Which sis will rise to the top? That’s up for debate.
Tag Archives: rooney mara
- The latest Disney star to come under fire isn’t Miley Cyrus or Demi Lovato — nope, it’s Minnie Mouse, who’s stirring up controversy over her gaunt appearance in this year’s Barneys holiday campaign. (At left: Minnie before her dramatic weight loss.) [Change.org]
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner have scored the gig of a lifetime: designing clothes for teens and tweens… in Canada! Yay! [Gossip Cop]
- Feeling a lack of jewelry lust in your life today? These Chanel baubles are the ultimate aphrodisiac. [Refinery29]
- To celebrate its 40th anniversary in November, W has released four special covers, each a tribute to one decade in the publication’s history, featuring Rooney Mara, Mia Wasikowska, Scarlett Johansson, and Keira Knightley. [Examiner] Keep reading »
Vanity Fair’s Annual Young Hollywood Issue Tucks Away Women Of Color, Renders Everyone Else Unrecognizable
Vanity Fair releases its Hollywood issue annually, but this year’s cover is unique in that it is the first of its kind to be shot by famed photog Mario Testino. His technique translates beautifully to the cover, though it’s not immediately apparent that it’s his work. The 11 young actresses featured are dressed impeccably, draped in silky pastels and exuding a sensuous, past-century boudoir air. Ever concerning, though, is the fact that hardly any of the starlets are recognizable. Aside from Rooney Mara, whose angular 1920s bob and sullen features make her easily identifiable, the rest of the girls bear little resemblance to, well, themselves. Keep reading »
Rooney Mara dedicated her entire being to the part of Lisbeth Salander for the filming of “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.” She even went so far as to really get her nipple pierced. “I’m naked quite a lot in the movie, and I thought, she has [a nipple piercing] in the book, and she should have it [in the movie] … Because of all the tattoos and the makeup and the piercings, and the physical transformations my body has to go through, it would always feel sort of like I was in costume, even if I was naked … It just felt like a good one to get — a necessary one to get,” she told Allure of her decision to go through with the piercing. I wonder if she’s planning to keep it? Click through to see more celebs with naughty piercings. [Daily Mail UK]
I have a bit of a girl crush on Rooney Mara, the star of the American adaptation of Stieg Larsson’s “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.” And I am especially loving how her style has evolved in just a few years from girly and soft to dramatic and chic. Here are my favorite looks from both periods.
Probably the biggest movie this holiday season? Unquestionably “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.” And as such, its star, Rooney Mara, is on the brink of major mega stardom. Her dystopian take on Lisbeth Salander, shaved eyebrows, piercings, tattoos and all — has become the talked about look this season, and is already being reflected on some runways. But what might the movie — and Lisbeth — been had she been played by other well-known actresses? Say, Scarlett Johansson (a blonde Lisbeth?) Or Keira Knightley (a highbrow British Salander)? The ladies of the blog But You’re Like Really Pretty re-imagined Ms. Dragon Tattoo as such. Take a look. [But You're Like Really Pretty]
“It was so awful. So stupid. Me and my boyfriend — although I [didn't] look old enough to have a boyfriend — went and beat up these fat people, and at the end of the show you find out that I used to be obese and I hate fat people. It’s ridiculous. Who would ever do that? Who would beat someone up because they’re fat?”
— Rooney Mara tells Allure magazine about her first television appearance, a spot on “Law & Order: SVU.” That does sound ridiculous, but as “SVU” bases much of its material on real headlines, some schmuck out there would do that. And heck, everyone has to start somewhere, even if it is as a crazed person with an eye out for the obese. [Dlisted]
- Rooney Mara got her right nipple and her eyebrow pierced to play Lisbeth Salander in “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.” She’s kept the nipple piercing in after filming because there is a possibility of two sequels and she doesn’t want to get it done again. “Because of all the tattoos and the makeup and the piercings, and the physical transformations my body has to go through, it would always feel sort of like I was in costume, even if I was naked,” Mara said. “It just felt like a good one to get — a necessary one to get.” [Allure]
- Kanye West is trying to get into Kim Kardashian’s pants. I actually think this would be a good match! [New York Daily News]
- Lord help us, there’s a “Twilight” fragrance. [NYMag.com]
- This chick unearthed her notebook from her college’s “Intro to Feminism” class in 1997. Hilarity ensued. [The Hairpin] Keep reading »
Siblings — we’ve all got ‘em! Well, most of us at least. I don’t know if you know this, but even celebrities have siblings. In fact, some of our favorite female celebrities happen to have equally cool sisters. They’re not always equal in fame quotient, but that’s okay — they make up for it in other ways.
Ever since it was announced that Rooney Mara would be playing Lisbeth Salander in David Fincher’s big screen version of “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo,” people have been speculating about whether sweet Rooney can go hard. I think this W magazine cover of her in character proves that yes, she can at least look the part. Guess we’ll have to wait for the movie to see if she fully embodies it. See one more image after the jump. [W Magazine] Keep reading »