- Last thing we’ll say on the subject, we swear: Parenting blogs are filled with articles tackling how to talk to your daughters about Miley Cyrus. But how do we talk to our sons about Robin Thicke? As writer Eric Clapp points out, “We need to call bullshit on attempts to end domestic violence and misogyny towards women by only talking to our daughters.” [Eric Clapp]
- My Girl Scout Council is not, as the name might suggest, a wholesome diary of all the fun Troop 347 had on their annual camping trip. Oh no, it’s a website devoted to “documenting pro-life concerns about the Girl Scouts council by council.” As you do. [RH Reality Check]
- An 18-year-old woman in Puerto La Cruz, Argentina, was arrested for killing her newborn baby after giving birth in her house. The woman hid her pregnancy from her family, and when she was taken to the hospital following the incident, she screamed that she didn’t want to be a mother. [Jezebel] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: robin thicke
Let’s take a minute to talk about Miley Cyrus, shall we?
With a performance so uncomfortable it rivals that of the bride who grinded down the aisle to Buckcherry’s “Crazy Bitch,” Miley’s jaw-dropping VMAs stunt left parents covering the eyes of their children and grown adults glaring with disapproval as they watched in awe.
It’s safe to say the twerkin’ pop star’s performance ruffled more than a few feathers, but there’s something to be said about the fact that we’re still talking about it days later. Wasn’t that the point? Keep reading »
- LOL, Robin Thicke is mad that Miley Cyrus upstaged him during his own performance. Trust me, Robin. Not one moment of your pervy drunk uncle routine was overlooked. [International Business Times]
- Speaking of Miley, here is an on point essay about the racial implications of her performance. [Jezebel Groupthink]
- So, what did Kelly Clarkson think of the VMAs? Not calling out anyone by name, Clarkson tweeted: ”2 words … #pitchystrippers.” Burn. [Us Weekly]
- Um, was that Ryan Gosling rocking out to NSYNC at the VMAs? This GIF suggests as much… [Uproxx] Keep reading »
Watch: Robin Thicke’s Music Video For “Give It 2 U,” Featuring 2 Chainz, Kendrick Lamar & A Whole Lot Of Booty Dancing
Robin Thicke has found a formula that works for him: Naked girls, plus rappers, plus the Futura font, equals a magical video experience. The video for his new single, “Give It 2 U,” features 2 Chainz and Kendrick Lamar, and brings the scantily clad ladies, previously found employing sheep to cover their naked bosoms, to a football field. The Albany Passionettes and the Alabama State Stingettes — two stellar dance teams — shake their booties, while grown ass women in cotton candy outfits prance around, carrying oversized, paper mache bottles of Brut. There’s a shocking amount of product placement; Thicke swigs from a bottle of Remy Martin, the models are delicately planted around the new Beats by Dr. Dre music players, and there’s a Mini Cooper that gets prime real estate. Thicke positions himself as a campy Lothario, a harmless middle-aged Glenn Quagmire type that you really can’t take seriously — but the song is gooooood. And here’s what else I like about this video, aside from the song, the dancing and the general lighthearted cheekiness: everyone in the video is given credit. The dance teams are named and the solo dancers are named, giving them a level of subjectivity not often seen in music videos. And I’m certainly not mad at that.
Beetlejuice certainly did have a lecherous side too, didn’t he? Lydia (aka Winona Ryder) does not approve. [Facebook]
Hollywood husband-and-wife duo Robin Thicke and Paula Patton are both on top of their game right now. Along with raising their 3-year-old son Julian, Paula is the star of new action comedy “2 Guns” alongside Denzel Washington and Robin is dominating the pop and r&b charts with his megabit “Blurred Lines.”
Both of the lovebirds were on separate press tours this week and they had no problem dishing out funny and intimate details about their relationship. Check out five new things we learned about the Thickes here! Read more at Hello Beautiful…