- Nicki Minaj says Rihanna was “touchy-touchy” with her when they collaborated back in 2011. I can see RiRi swinging both ways. [Celeb Dirty Laundry]
- Here are some fun candids from Vanity Fair‘s Oscar party. [theBERRY]
- Speaking of the Oscars, here are the best reaction shocks from the night. [Next Movie]
- And here are the seven geekiest moments. I know I’m not the only one who noticed that they played the wrong “Star Trek” music when Chris Pine and Zoe Saldana came on stage. That was the “Star Trek: The Next Generation” theme, not “Star Trek: The Original Series.” I realize that the music also appeared in “Star Trek: The Motion Picture,” but the “Star Trek” reboot takes place before that so… <END RANT> [The Mary Sue] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: rihanna
- Well, that’s one way to get fired: Phivos Lampros Istavrioglou (what a name), the head of international relations at French fashion brand Moncler, has been accused of one major art heist. He was arrested at JFK airport for the theft of ‘Cartel Des Don Juan Tenorio 1949,’ a $150,000 Salvador Dali painting (shown), from an Upper East Side art gallery last year. [Business Insider]
- Race relations are always a popular topic in fashion, thanks in part to the industry’s reputation for being maybe just the slightest bit obtuse. At New York Fashion Week this season, critics noticed that there was less racial diversity than ever. Jezebel crunched the numbers, and here’s what they found… [Jezebel]
- Rihanna has another collaboration to add to her roster, and it isn’t musical this time. Just a few days after her design collab with British brand River Island went down the runway, the controversial singer has announced plans to partner with MAC Cosmetics. Like, really partner — RiRi has signed on to have a hand in four distinct color lines set to launch throughout this year. I guess that’s what you get for wearing Ruby Woo almost every time you’re photographed! [Refinery29]
- You’ll recall that John Galliano made waves in his Hasidic get-up during New York Fashion Week. Writers at Conan got in touch with the disgraced designer’s brother Joe, who actually does wear Jewish hats. Like, real Jewish hats, trimmed with bagels, dreidels, aaaaaand a circumcised banana. Yeah. Watch it! [The Cut]
“Law & Order” is notorious for ripping its plots from the headlines, so I’m sort of surprised it took the show this long to do an episode inspired by Chris Brown and Rihanna’s abusive relationship. In the episode airing next week, “a promising singer is brutally attacked by her boyfriend, a popular hip hop star,” but she refuses to aid the police or the prosecution in their case against him. But, twist! He suddenly turns up dead … so, who’s the killer? Dun-dun! Promo above.
For her new music video for the song “Stay,” Rihanna decided to get naked and film in my favorite place on early — the bathtub. These stills suggest to me that RiRi could use some advice on how to bathe like a rockstar. Where are the bubbles? The candles? The laptop sitting on the toilet airing the latest episode of “Downton Abbey”? The glass of wine? Anyway, click through to see more shots from Rihanna’s boring bathtub adventure.
Did you catch last night’s Grammy Awards? No? No worries, I’ve got you covered. Here are the best moments from music’s biggest/most overrated night in GIFs and pics! Keep reading »
Well, the Lord’s day is going to be a lot less fun this week (I mean, if it’s possible to be less fun than it usually is), because this time around, artists attending the Grammys in LA have been warned about being naked. That’s right, no butt, no tits, no “puffy” genitals (dear me!) – leave it at home, because the 55th annual Grammy Awards is a classy event and they’re not having it.
Organisers for the show at CBS Standard and Practice sent out a rather amazing email earlier this week advising on appropriate behaviour come Sunday. Read more…
It’s hard out there for a pop star nowadays. Can you imagine being on stage in front of 10,000 people, singing and dancing your heart out,Â andÂ trying to give good FACE at the same time? For the average person, that would be impossible. I can barely manage to look normal in my “What Are We Wearing Today?” photos. For the most part, pop stars like Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez and Miley Cyrus pull this off with epic fierceness, but occasionally — occasionally! — the camera catches them at the most amazingly unflattering moment. Here are 13 reminders that they’re only human…
- The reason Selena Gomez ended relationship with Justin Bieber: Rihanna! Makes you question Rihanna’s taste in men, right? (Also, this picture was taken many years ago … but it is still how we imagine The Biebs in our mind.) [Life & Style Weekly]
- The Grammy’s has finally caught up to fact that the night is not just about music but also outrageous outfits (i.e. Lady Gaga decked out in meat). This year they have released a hilarious “Wardrobe Advisory” to preempt malfunctions. And, um, smells. [Crushable]
- 30 fun facts you didn’t know about Tina Fey. [Complex] Keep reading »
Welp. There’s no denying it now. Rihanna is officially back together with Chris Brown, less than four years after he assaulted her to the point of hospitalization the night before the 2009 Grammy Awards. In the new issue of Rolling Stone, on stands this Friday (but excerpted quotes are already making the rounds), the singer is pretty straight up about her reasons for taking back her abusive ex. Check out some quotes from the interview, after the jump… Keep reading »
“[Being a role model] is amazing. It’s an amazing thing and it’s like, it’s a platform that you have to take seriously. Which is why sometimes it’s like I used to be really into Rihanna, that pop star, and then it’s like again, I don’t want to ever throw stones from my glass house, but I follow her on Instagram and I just think about how many little girls beyond what I could even comprehend are obsessed with Rihanna. Like you know, she left Barbados, she’s had this amazing career, she’s won a Grammy.
She’s talented. And then she gets back together with Chris Brown and posts a million pictures of them smoking marijuana together on a bed. And it cracks my heart in half in a way that makes me feel like I’m 95 years old.”
–Lena Dunham speaking to Alec Baldwin (he has a radio show!) on the tenuous relationship between fame and being a role model — especially in the case of Rihanna. Dunham makes a valid point that Rihanna isn’t simply living Rihanna’s life — she’s also a public figure that lots of little girls look up to. What do you think Rihanna’s responsibility is to her fans? [WNYC]