Chris Brown has a new album coming out later this month, and he says that might be it for him in the music biz, reports the Huffington Post. “Don’t worry mainstream America,” he tweeted. “After this X album, it’ll probably my last album.” (Note the deft use of the “probably” qualifier while getting in a mention of the title.) Brown also tweeted to say he’s “tired of being famous for a mistake I made when i was 18,” referring to the Rihanna assault. In other Brown news, he turned himself in on hit-and-run charges and was released on his own recognizance, reports TMZ. Read more at Newser…
Tag Archives: rihanna
About 9-10 years ago, I went to Carnivale in Trinidad, dressed up in a sparkly bikini, and danced across a huge stage with thousands of other people as part of the country’s huge celebration. There was a phrase that was used for a certain style of popular dancing that basically involved grinding your butt in a circular motion — “whining on the boomsie,” they called it (boomsie is slang for butt, I guess). I imagine that is what is happening with Rihanna in the photo on the right. RiRi was in her native Barbados, all dressed up for the Kadooment Day Parade. She’s really lost in the music, huh? [Photos: Splash News]
- UGH, THESE TWO. Chris Brown released the remix of the Mario song “Somebody Else” and reportedly used an Instagram photo of him and Rihanna canoodling … only now her face is crossed out with what looks like red marker or lipstick. Granted, the original source, MediaTakeOut, isn’t the most reliable of gossip blogs … but this also sounds like something Brown would do. [MediaTakeOut]
- More details on last night’s incident in which Amanda Bynes set a fire in a stranger’s driveway before she got locked up in a 5051 psychiatric hold. Reportedly, her dog had been burned! [TMZ]
- Everyone’s favorite incestuous V.C. Andrews novel Flowers In The Attic is getting made into a Lifetime movie: Heather Graham and Ellen Burstyn are set to star. [The Wrap]
- A radio station canceled its “Taylor Swift’s Biggest Fan” contest after 4chan allegedly hacked the results so a 39-year-old man won. [ONTD]
- More castings for the movie version of “The Fault In Our Stars”: Nat Wolff is playing Issac and Laura Dern will join the cast as Hazel’s mother. Hazel will be played by Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort will play Augustus. [Entertainment Weekly, The Wrap] Keep reading »
Rihanna certainly isn’t the first celebrity to sport dyed grey hair — Kelly Osbourne‘s got her beat on that one by a long shot — but she is the latest, and inarguably the most high-profile. RiRi’s past beauty ventures, from gravity-defying mohawks and shaved sides with long, side-swept bangs to her signature bold red lip color, have inspired countless copycats, so who’s to say her new “ice grey” shade, which she wasted no time in flaunting on Instagram, won’t take off just the same? I love a well-executed unnatural hair color, and I think Rihanna’s totally pulling this one off … but doesn’t she somehow pull everything off?
Look, I’m not saying that I would wear the real human-sized version of Rihanna‘s “Slutz” crop top, except that I would totally wear the real human-sized version of Rihanna’s “Slutz” crop top. The girl’s got to broadcast her individuality somehow now that Miley Cyrus is biting her vibe all over the place. As far as snacks go, Slutz don’t sound like something I would be interested in, but you never know. [Photo: Pacific Coast News]
- Granted, the UK’s Daily Mail (aka the Daily Fail) is not the place you go to read nuanced, tasteful analysis, but writing that Rihanna “surely invites rape [and] disrespect” by wearing provocative clothes is a new low. Writer Liz Jones also said it’s “fair” to “berate female stars” more than young male ones because “young women are far more impressionable than young men.” No citation for that ‘fact,’ of course! Jones additionally bopped Rihanna for her “fake hair” and “false nails” and for trying to portray herself “as ‘real,’ as ‘street.’” Oh STFU, lady! [Daily Mail UK]
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi really does not give a shit what Rep. Michele Bachmann thinks about today’s Supreme Court DOMA ruling. [TPM TV]
- Jane Austen’s face might oust Charles Darwin on the British 10 pound bank note. [TIME]
- Texas Republican Louie Gohmert told a conservative podcast he thinks sex education for youngsters is useless and we should “let the kids be innocent.” You know, innocent until they get pregnant! [Roll Call] Keep reading »
Rihanna’s bold fashion choices have earned her many “That’s A Lot Of Look” posts. She always looks beautiful because she’s Rihanna, but that zebra print boardshort phase didn’t do her any favors. On a recent tour stop in the UK, though, RiRi finally brought out her fashion A-game, sauntering down the streets of London and Manchester in killer outfits that are still totally, uniquely Rihanna. Click through to check out 6 of our favorite recent RiRi looks!
It looks like Rihanna is taking a cue from The Biebs and in the doghouse with her neighbors.
Since a rooftop stranger was nabbed creeping around her Pacific Palisades home on Monday, according to TMZ, the songstress’ neighbors in the swanky enclave of Los Angeles have grown increasingly agitated since their once-private street has become a prime locale for trespassers and paparazzi.
“We’ve had it,” resident Marian Mandel told Celebuzz.
“We’re quite upset about the publicity. It was a private street and we want to keep it that way. Everyone is taking care of each house and we are protecting our rights up here.” Read more on Celebuzz…
I saw Rihanna on her Diamonds World Tour a month ago, and it was just the spectacle I had hoped for, from the weird Grecian columns strewn about the stage to the time she came out wearing thigh-high boots and an oversized basketball jersey. She’s kinda the best, even though at times she’s also the worst. She’s messy, she favors oversharing, and she always has really good nails — all things I support. With that said, please accept this video of Rihanna hitting a handsy fan in the head with her mic as her nomination for Patron Saint of Women Who Don’t Give A Fuck. It is perfection.