- Josh Brolin has checked into rehab for substance abuse. Earlier this month, the “W” actor was caught by paparazzi in a drunken fistfight. Get well soon, Josh. [US Weekly]
- Oh, for fuck’s sake, MTV: the network is celebrating Miley Cyrus’ 21st birthday with eight straight hours of Miley programming. Skip! [AP]
- Jake T. Austin, who played Selena Gomez’s little brother on “Wizards Of Wavery Place,” was involved in a hit-and-run on Tuesday morning. Austin was also arrested last month for drunk driving. [Perez Hilton]
- TMZ obtained a video of Lamar Odom slurring while he “raps” about drugs and cheating on Khloe Kardashian. Not a good look. [TMZ] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: rehab
- Maybe it wasn’t alcohol that landed Zac Efron in rehab: the “High School Musical” star allegedly checked into rehab for a “big coke problem” and abusing Molly (pure MDMA), according to TMZ sources. Efron wouldn’t show up to set while he was filming “Neighbors” because he was too coked out, the sources added, and also trashed a Las Vegas hotel room with his friends, causing $50K in damage. [TMZ]
- “Mad Men” will split the 14 episodes of its last season in two during 2014 and 2015 … which is a fancy way of saying two more short seasons, I guess? [Los Angeles Times]
- New couple alert: Rashida Jones is dating “Saturday Night Live” writer Colin Jost, who look like he has that Brooklyn hipster thing down to a T. [US Weekly]
- Arcade Fire will air a 30-minute concert special on NBC on Saturday, September 28, after the season premiere of “Saturday Night Live,” on which they’ll also be the musical guest. [Consequence Of Sound] Keep reading »
- Zac Efron checked into rehab secretly for alcohol abuse and checked out five months ago, according to People and TMZ. Dropping that condom on the red carpet makes a lot more sense now. [TMZ, People]
- New couple alert: Lindsay Lohan is dating Philadelphia Eagles player Matt Nordgren, 30, who also appeared on the Bravo’s reality show “Most Eligible Dallas.” [People]
- Is this Cheyenne Jackson from “30 Rock” jerking off in an amateur porn video? Look at the tattoos! [Fleshbot — very NSFW]
- Thanksgiving and gender equality in one story: the Butterball Turkey Talk Line is hiring it’s first-ever man to male answer your turkey-related questions this holiday season. For some reason, the talk line only hired exclusively women over the past 32 years. [KansasCity.com] Keep reading »
Let’s face it: Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom are the best thing to ever happen to the dysfunctional treasure trove that is Kardashian family. They just may be the best thing to happen to reality television ever: they radiate from the screen with what can only be described as “sparkle,” bringing with them their endless capacity for high-quality, intellectually stimulating primetime entertainment.
Sure, they’re a little wacky and definitely unconventional, but isn’t that what gives them their charm and grace? Yes, when they got married after just a monthlong courtship (perfectly reasonable, obviously), we all had our doubts. But as the years go on, they’ve been keeping it together with no high-drama celebrity divorce murmurs in sight — until now.
In the alternate reality that is the Kardashian universe, Khloe and Lamar proved themselves to be the most grounded of the pack, and that’s why I’m positive that they can make it through their latest hundred-dollar-bill-sprinkled rough patch. Among the trash heap of celebrity marriages gone by, these two twinkle with (albeit currently drug-riddled) authenticity, still standing as others drop like flies. Keep reading »
- Lamar Odom ditched rehab at Pickford Lofts in Los Angeles “against medical advice” after only one day of treatment. He reportedly checked into treatment for cocaine addiction following an ultimatum from his wife, Khloe Kardashian. [Hollywood Life]
- Meanwhile, Khloe has changed her Twitter profile pic to one without her hubby. Eeeek. [Hollywood Life]
- Jack Osbourne’s wife Lisa Stelly has had a second-trimester miscarriage, she announced on her blog. The couple have a 16-month-old daughter named Pearl together. Terribly sad. [People]
- Angelina Jolie will receive an honorary Academy Award for her humanitarian work. [Sky News]
- This man’s son wears dresses. Get over it. [The Atlantic] Keep reading »
Every once in awhile a story so strange, so bizarre or so WTF comes along that it leaves us no choice but break it down into its most essential parts and try to make sense of it all.
We knew Tanning Mom might have a drinking problem when she had a drunken spill and flashed her panties on the red carpet at NYC’s XL Hot Mess Drag Review. We were hoping that once she got tan sober that she would also cut back on the booze. No such luck on either front. Last week, Patty Kretcil hit rock bottom when she was pronounced too drunk to fly at a Minneapolis airport and placed in detox.
Days later, a report confirmed that Tanning Mom checked into rehab at Lukens Institute in Palm Beach, Florida, with Michael Lohan at her side. Uh, wait. What does Michael Lohan have to do with this? Well, aside from his own experience with rehab — both his own and his daughter’s, it turns out that Tanning Mom and Papa Lohan are old friends from Cold Spring Harbor High School in Long Island. I don’t even want to know what their superlatives were. [TMZ]
This morning, we told you about how Rihanna is reportedly headed to Recovery Ranch, a love and relationship rehab located in Tennessee. The reason? Rihanna is supposedly still not over her ex-boyfriend Chris Brown. The couple split up in 2009 after he beat her, and then got back together this past year, but broke up again a few months ago. A source (dubious, but a source) told Grazia magazine, “Rihanna is still desperately in love with Chris. It’s like she’s obsessed with him and, although he’s told her it’s over, she just can’t get over him.” So, to deal with that, she’ll allegedly be taking off time from her world tour to attend the Centers for Relationship and Sexual Recovery program. But what is a relationship rehab, anyway?
To start with, the program is focused on treating sex and love addiction in women. According to the program’s website, patients receive gender-specific, trauma-focused therapy; group therapy; equine therapy; and 12-step meetings. The program is fully gender-separate so women can focus on healing (they also run a separate program for men). The program aims to “and eliminate problem patterns of sexual behavior, while helping our clients regain dignity, self-respect, and the trust of those they love.” The program focuses on early childhood trauma and patterns of abuse that may have led the patient to pursue and stay in abusive relationships as adults. Keep reading »
- Um, WHUT. Rihanna is allegedly checking into the Centers for Relationship and Sexual Recovery on Recovery Ranch in Tennessee for their women’s sex and addiction love program. “Love rehab” is supposedly run like a 12-step clinic for women in relationships with abusive partners. I hope this is true! RiRi could use a lil’ rehab. (Don’t even get me started on what Chris Brown needs.) [Jezebel]
- Even though yesterday art collector Charles Saatchi claimed he was photographed choking his wife Nigella Lawson during a “playful tiff,” he has gone to a UK police station and accepted a caution — warning for a minor offense — for assault. Why is choking your wife only a minor offense? [US Weekly]
- How much will the Kimye baby photos sell for? It’ll probably be People magazine and the paycheck will probably be between $200K – $400K. [New York Daily News]
- Also, the baby doesn’t have a name yet. [People] Keep reading »
It’s official: Lindsay Lohan is back in rehab. Her lawyer says she’s checked in, but, because apparently nothing can be simple in Lohan’s life, it’s not clear the judge will actually accept the placement. Prosecutors need to sign off on the facility and didn’t have time to investigate it and do so, so the judge gave them until next Friday to make a decision. Until then, the judge said, Lohan should stay at the facility, the AP reports. Oh, and this could be a problem: The facility’s license has been revoked, TMZ reports. Read more on Newser…
- Because rehab has worked so well for her in the past. Sigh. [Vanity Fair]
- Attention, geeks: a new book is coming out filled with “Buffy The Vampire Slayer” lore. [io9]
- Some dude asked Kate Upton to be his prom date. Good luck, kid. [HyperVocal]
- Emma Watson is really, really not playing Anastasia Steele in the 50 Shades Of Grey movie, okay? [Black Book Mag]
- Did the History Channel make the devil in its miniseries “The Bible” look like Barack Obama on purpose? [World Of Wonder] Keep reading »