Based on a very unscientific opinion survey, approximately 90% of people think red wine fudgesicles are proof of divine intervention, while the other 10 percent (ahem, Julie) gags at the thought of them. If you’re part of the majority who would love a refreshing lick of wine and chocolate on a stick, check out the recipe here. Cheers to summer! [A Beautiful Mess]
The Sugar Cube is a food cart in Portland that serves the most ridiculous and amazing sweets you’ll ever eat. Case in point: the Highway To Heaven cupcake, a chocolate cupcake injected with salted caramel, topped with bittersweet ganache, drizzled in coffee syrup and more caramel, and finished off with Ruffles potato chips. It’s not the easiest recipe you’ll ever make, but hey, getting to Heaven takes work. Check out Sugar Cube’s new book for even more crazy delicious treats! [Sweetapolita]
Recently we asked Frisky readers to send us their favorite recipes from Mama — or, you know, a suitable maternal-like figure. Everyone’s mom has some special recipe that brings you right back home whenever you eat it. In honor of Mother’s Day (this Sunday, don’t forget!), we’ve collected half a dozen yummy recipes from readers’ mothers that should keep us in the kitchen all weekend.
Why don’t you choose one to make your mom this Sunday?
Not only does this DIY vanilla extract look delicious, it’s just about the easiest thing in the world to make, and if you have some vodka in your liquor cabinet, all you need to complete the recipe is a few vanilla beans. It takes a few weeks to darken up and bring all of that yummy vanilla flavor out, so if you make it now, it should be starting to get some nice color by Mother’s Day! [Bake At 350]
While Cinco de Mayo really may be more of a French holiday, for most of us it’s just the best excuse ever for a round of margaritas and delicious Tex-Mex cuisine. The zest and the spice of the fare makes for one hot holiday, and with the fifth of May falling on a Saturday this year, there’s no better time to gather friends and family for a good old fiesta. Whether your gathering is grande or small, here are some amazing Tex-Mex recipes to consider that will be enjoyed by all. Read more …
Maybe it was her special chicken dish. Maybe it was her rice and beans. Maybe it was the hot cocoa she made after you came in from playing in the snow. Everyone’s mom had some special recipe that brings you back home whenever you eat it. In honor of Mother’s Day (May 13, don’t forget or you are in big trubs!), we’re asking Frisky readers to send us their favorite recipe from Mom — or, you know, a suitable maternal-like figure — and a pic if you’ve got one. Email it to Jessica@TheFrisky.com with “Mother’s Day Recipes” in the headline and we’ll collect them all in one massive gallery of tasty childhood nostalgia. Mom will be so proud!
Here are a few things I believe to be true: Baking is good, but not baking is better. Chocolate is good, but chocolate and peanut butter is better. Complicated recipes are good, but ridiculously easy recipes are better. Surely now you can understand how I’ve deduced that this recipe for no bake chocolate peanut butter bars is the best recipe, well, ever. [Tell Love And Chocolate]
I know it’s super easy to go out and buy a lifetime supply of Cadbury Creme Eggs, and it may be a little Pinterest-y of me to suggest that it’s always better to make something yourself than buy it premade, but in this case, I’m pretty sure the extra work is worth it. First of all, the recipe calls for yummy, natural ingredients like butter, vanilla bean, and orange blossom water. Second of all, I can’t think of any two sentences more impressive than, “Care for a Cadbury Creme Egg? I made them myself.” [Not Without Salt]
Giada-who? Rachael-what-now? Forget about the celebrity chefs you see on the Food Network — the recipes that get our mouths watering the most are usually by the woman we called “Grandma.” Little Old Lady Recipes is a collection of dishes that will do your Nana proud. Whether you need an appetizer, a main dish, or a dessert, there’s 100 here to choose from. Now turn off this computer and go give your grandma a call!