Posing for Playboy is the quintessential beauty stamp of approval for some women. But some bunnies still get nervous in front of a cute guy. Check out how Kelly Bensimon goes from calm and collected to flustered once she realizes she’s attracted to her interviewer. Their exchange and the way he asks her on a date makes me think of her as an actual human (as opposed to an evil robot). You can watch the full episode tomorrow on Bravo at 10 p.m. Keep reading »
Tag Archives: real housewives of new york city
From the looks of this video and one more after the jump, “The Real Housewives of New York City” aren’t taking any crap from Countess LuAnn de Lesseps. They’re finally comfortable in front of the cameras and aren’t seeking approval anymore, so they—Bethenny Frankel and Ramona Singer specifically—are finally telling the C(o)untess what she can do with all her criticisms and so-called etiquette. Check out another video after the jump. Keep reading »
Awww. It looks like two Bravo reality TV show stars have gotten together—and they didn’t even need the help of “The Millionaire Matchmaker.” Kelly Bensimon of “The Real Housewives of New York City” and recently divorced Sam Talbot of “Top Chef” sure look like they are dating. Although this couple is denying rumors of a hookup, they’ve been spotted at three parties. A friend even said, “I don’t know why they deny it.” [NY Post]
Reality TV show contestants seem to flock together, and many have flocked to bed and then to the altar. In fact, we can think of a quite a few couples made in reality TV heaven. After the jump, our faves. Keep reading »
As if inviting the “Real Housewives of NYC” cameras into her home wasn’t revealing enough, Kelly Bensimon will be exposing herself to the world in next month’s issue of Playboy, in photos shot by her ex-husband, mega-famous photographer Gilles Bensimon. But as Kelly’s former personal assistant, I already feel like I’ve seen it all. After a year as her right hand, left hand and sometime-surrogate mother (“Kelly, that’s not a dress—it’s a shirt”), very little can surprise me.
I first met Kelly when I was a wide-eyed 22-year-old with dreams of becoming a writer. I had no idea what I was getting into when a mutual friend set up an informational interview with Kelly, who was a magazine columnist in her pre-”RHNYC” days. I stopped by her apartment on a Tuesday with a resume in hand. On Wednesday morning, I found out I’d been hired for a full-time position in “Kelly Land.” Keep reading »
A couple weeks ago, I got invited to an “amazing cocktail party shopping event”: “How To Dress to Land A Millionaire.” Ridiculous, right? But when I saw who was on the guest panel — Alex McCord and Ramona Singer from “The Real Housewives of New York City,” I knew I had to go. I even drafted a few questions I hoped to have the chance to ask the ladies. A week ago, I got an email saying the event had been canceled — well, postponed, technically, “until later in the fall.” Oh, noes! First, it was moved from Saks to some stuffy restaurant on the Upper East Side. Now, it’s postponed — perhaps indefinitely?! What do you think could have happened? After the jump, my nine best guesses as to why Alex and Ramona won’t be sharing their tips tonight on how to land a millionaire. Keep reading »
So basically, Kelly Bensimon went on a shopping trip with The Daily Beast for stuff she already owns. (Gold $370 Gryphon shorts? Wore them to a Kim Kardashian party! “Sexy rocker chick” miniskirt from Intermix? It’s already packed for this weekend’s trip to Miami! An “Alaia meets Pocahontas” belt? Just snapped it up!) Seriously, every photo she’s in, Kelly’s pawing a dress or an accessory that’s presently hanging in her closet. So what’s to talk about then? If you ignore the actual “shopping” part of the shopping trip, Kelly offers up some of her usual nuggets of complete and utter nonsense. Gems after the jump! Keep reading »
- “Real Housewives of New York City” star Bethenny Frankel is leaving that show for her own reality series on Bravo called “Skinny & The City.” [NY Post] — Good for Bethenny, but couldn’t they have come up with a better name?
- Amy Winehouse and Blake Fielder-Civil were granted a quickie divorce. According to divorce papers Blake filed, he found living with Amy “intolerable.” [AP ]
- Jessica Simpson is “sad, mad, and confused,” about her breakup with Tony Romo, said a family friend. [People] — Actually, we really feel for Jess, because it seems like Tony gave her the boot out of nowhere. But maybe now she’ll take some time off dating and just be single.
There’s drama, drama, drama over the next season of “The Real Housewives of New York City.” While Kelly Bensimon, the newbie housewife-that-everyone-loves-to-hate, is officially on board, the original cast members––Bethany Frankel, Alex McCord, Ramona Singer, and Jill Zarin (there was no mention of LuAnn de Lesseps)––are rumored to be stalling on signing their contracts for the third season because they’re holding out for six-figure deals. Aren’t these women already loaded?! I hope these six-figures are going to Creaky Joints, the arthritis charity the Housewives threw a benefit for last season.
Keep reading »
- Kelly Bensimon of “The Real Housewives of New York City” has been ordered to perform two days of community service as a plea deal stemming from misdemeanor assault charges from an incident with her boyfriend. [PopEater] — Don’t expect her to put her name on any invitations.
- Ed Westwick and Jessica Szohr looked like they took a bath in some orange goop before attending Shane West’s birthday bash. [Perez Hilton] — Jessica’s orange skin isn’t the only tragedy. Homegirl shouldn’t go partying if she knows her roots will sweat out.
- Chris Brown’s ex-girlfriend says Rihanna bloodied his face the night of the altercation. [Media Takeout]