Rachel Zoe is all, “This. Is. Bananas. Your. Baby. Is. In. Your. Belly.” And Molly Sims is all, “Crazy lady, stop touching me.” Or at least that’s what I imagine was going on between these two at the opening of Valentino’s flagship store on Rodeo Drive earlier this week. What’s your guess? Tell us in the comments!
Tag Archives: rachel zoe
In my opinion, stylists simply don’t get enough credit. The people behind the stars are responsible for, well, dressing their charges. Often we don’t even know them by name, lest we establish that celebs are hardly ever the ones picking out their own clothes in the morning. Who even knows what our favorite actresses and pop stars would look like without their stylists to groom them? Styling has always been big, but it had been mostly cloaked behind the scenes until one Rachel Zoe made a bit of a name for herself as the pioneer of the waifish “boho chic” look she coined with client Nicole Richie. Now, several years later, Zoe rules a fashion empire, and her talented former assistant, Brad Goreski, is on the helm of doing the same. The woman has accomplished a lot, putting her in an imaginary untouchable class of style royalty, so it’s only natural that someone else rise to claim the styling throne. The Hollywood Reporter announced a countdown of the 25 most influential stylists in show business (Zoe didn’t place, naturally, as she’s become “too big to rank”), and it was Kate Young, the stylist behind cutting-edge beauties Natalie Portman and Michelle Williams, who emerged victorious. I say it’s a damn good choice, and I can already envision über-hip, edgy Kate evolving into a household name in the fashion of her predecessor… maybe minus the reality TV show. How wrong is it for me to think that Kate is already a style celebrity in her own right? She is so cool. [Huffington Post]
It was a busy night last night on the Bravo premiere of “It’s a Brad, Brad World” — kind of. Brad feels like even though everybody knows him as Brad Goreski, Rachel Zoe’s former assistant, they don’t know him “as Brad the independent-stylist-slash-style-editor,” so he’s still struggling to develop his portfolio.
“Some weeks you’re really, really busy, and other weeks it’s like, crickets,” he said of his new freelance lifestyle. So, rather than waiting for the phone to ring, Brad does stuff like work out and “go back and forth between the refrigerator and pretend I’m not depressed.” We’re sure that between his “blonde ambition” (see the video) and his healthy habits — we couldn’t help but notice that he had a sliced apple for a late-night snack — Brad is going to be just fine, and work (and work out) really hard for the cameras. Because, as he can attest, “looking cute does not pay the bills.”
Or does it? Watch video from the episode here…
“I like flats and I adore a high heel, but I don’t love a kitten heel. It’s neither here nor there. And the one shoe I will never wear is sneakers.”
–New mom and style czarina Rachel Zoe on her hatred of kitten heels and sneakers. I am so with you on this one. Unless I am on the soccer field or at the gym (I am never at the gym), you will never catch me in a rubber soled sneaker shoe type jawn. [FYI, I had to look up the word "jawn." Apparently, it's a slang word people from Philly -- aka Julie -- use that means "thing." Like "joint" in New York or whatever. -- Editor] Nuh-uh. [People Style Watch] Keep reading »
You’ve oohed and ahh-ed over the fashion closet at Zoe HQ, but what exactly does Rachel Zoe‘s personal closet look like? The stylist and budding fashion designer let ABC News’ Juju Chang into her room-sized closet, which houses the clothes she wears. Of course there were designer threads and It-bags, but Zoe’s wall of signature sky-high heels captivated Chang the most. Zoe reveals that she wore her dangerously high stilettos and platforms while carrying son Skyler Morrison, but says the shoes must come off before she holds him now. We would most definitely love to live in Zoe’s closet, not only because it holds her clothing collection, but also because there’s so much space. Yeah, we’re jealous! Keep reading »
- Rachel Zoe’s infant son, Skylar Berman, has an $87,000 nursery, as well as a $1,160 Gucci bomber jacket, a $1,300 silver piggy bank, a $1,400 Hermés blanket, and a $3,700 collection of baby shoes. I would expect nothing less from her. That lady is bananas. [Us Weekly]
- Amy Winehouse’s dad gave clothes and accessories to fans waiting outside his daughter’s apartment last night. Is this sweet-and-macabre or weird-and-macabre? [MTV News]
- Prince Hot Ginge isn’t boning Pippa Middleton but he’s still given her a schmoopy nickname: “Foxy Filly.” [Dlisted]
Taylor Jacobson wants you to know she’s doing just fine, thank you very much.
The blond, sometimes brash celebrity stylist split from Rachel Zoe in August of 2010 and was the subject of one-sided attacks on Zoe’s eponymous reality TV show, “The Rachel Zoe Project.”
- Before he was prince of our hearts (aww), Prince Harry was just a little boy digging for gold and then eating it. Also, get your princes straight, BuzzFeed! That’s Harry, not William. [BuzzFeed]
- Paul McCartney and fiancée Nancy Shevell won’t do a a prenup. Prenups = so “out” right now. [PopEater]
- Chaz Bono said he’d be willing to talk to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie about their daughter Shiloh, who is infamous for her quote-on-quote “boyish” clothing. “I would love to talk to them at some point to at least let them know we have this resource for them if they ever need it,” said Cher’s son, who had gender reassignment surgery to transition from Chastity to Chaz. “People get too freaked out about kids and what to do with kids. If you just let kids do what they need to do they usually have the right idea.” Could we stop diagnosing this Shiloh with gender dysmorphia already? She’s in preschool. [E! Online]
Has there been a serious lack of bow ties in your life lately? Missing witty, fashion-forward banter? Then you’ll want to wath Brad Goreski’s new show. Brad, if you’ll remember, was the well-coiffed male assistant to Ms. Rachel Zoe, but now he’s striking out on his own with “It’s a Brad World.” “World” will follow Goreski as he attends fashion shows, styles celebs and shops for bigger and better neckwear, we presume. We’re hoping Zoe’s other ex-assistant Taylor makes an appearance so she and Brad can give us the inside word on what it’s really like to work with Zoe. [NY Mag] Keep reading »
A month ago, Rachel Zoe helped Anne Hathaway through eight wardrobe changes at the Oscars. And yesterday, she gave birth to a six pound baby boy, Skyler Morrison Berman. “Mom and Dad ‘LITERALLY’ could not be happier or more in love with their son!” she said in a statement.
Huge congratulations to Rachel and Rodger! After the jump, the baby gifts we’d love to give their new baby. Keep reading »