- Prince William joined Jon Bon Jovi and Taylor Swift onstage for a royal rendition of “Livin’ On A Prayer” and it was quite cute. [Celebitchy]
- Jennifer Love Hewitt gave birth to her first child, a little girl named Autumn. The actress also secretly married the baby’s father, her “Client List” costar Brian Hallisay. Congratulations! [US Weekly]
- Oh no! Strong winds in New York City tomorrow might ground the giant balloons at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade. [New York Times]
- No Doubt bassist Tony Kanal and his wife Erin welcomed their second daughter, Saffron. Mazel tov! [People] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: prince william
- A new report claims David Beckham will be knighted by Prince William for his contributions to charity later this year. If Becks receives the knighthood, that will make his wife Victoria Beckham “Lady Victoria.” [Metro UK]
- ABC News’ anchor Amy Robach announced today she has breast cancer and will undergo a double mastectomy. [US Weekly]
- Tom Cruise said filming his action movies are as “brutal” as serving a tour in the military. Hmm, I think actual veterans might disagree with you on that, Tom. [TMZ]
- “Downton Abbey” has been renewed for a fifth season. Hear, hear! [NYmag.com] Keep reading »
- That baby looks way more Windsor than Middleton.
- Silly hats are still a thing.
- Whose idea was it to dress an infant in a probably million-dollar antique lace christening gown that it’s just going to barf all over? C’mon, peole.
- Does that flap on the front of Kate’s dress move? Because if so, that’s a brilliant way to cover up dribble stains.
- Holding a cute baby really does make men look hotter.
Check out a few more christening pics after the jump! Keep reading »
It’s not you. Sorry. Keep reading »
- Now that Prince William and Kate Middleton are moving into Kensington Palace with baby George, locals on the UK island of Anglesey are opening up about the couple’s time there while Wills worked for the military. They say Kate never wore makeup while grocery shopping, the pair went pheasant shooting once a month, and they once turned up at a “Toy Story 3″ moving screening wearing “Day-Glo comedy afro wigs” … whatever that means. [Daily Mail UK]
- So sweet: “Scandal”‘s Columbus Short tweeted that costar Kerry Washington was “ROBBED” of an Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series Emmy and “I wish I could of ran on stage [sic] and pulled a Kanye.” [Madame Noire]
- I’m madly jealous that Rihanna got to snuggle a slow loris. [TMZ]
- Cher opens up about how she was affected by her son Chaz’s sex change, her thoughts on Hillary Clinton, and why she never takes drugs. [Guardian UK]
- Tsk, tsk, Friskies: Internet cat stars are born, not made. [The Daily Beast] Keep reading »
Look out, London! It’s official: Kate Middleton is back in the red carpet game, making her first formal appearance since Prince George‘s birth in late July. The Duchess accompanied Prince William to the Tusk Conservation Awards at the Royal Society in London this evening wearing a, um, scintillating floor-length gown by royal favorite Jenny Packham. The girl loves herself some sparkles, and who could blame her? She looks beautiful, and she also looks really, really happy. It almost brings a tear to this jaded American eye. Could it have a tiny bit to do with the fact that Wills has departed his Royal Air Force duty after eight years in favor of remaining in London with his new family? Perhaps! In any case… yay Kate!
Per royal tradition, Kate Middleton and Prince William will be choosing not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, but 6 godparents for Prince George. In some ways, it really takes the pressure off of the royal couple, because, as any godparent-bestowing parent knows, picking just two can be daunting. But in other aspects, sheesh. It almost makes offending people all the more easy. If you’re friends or relatives with the Duke and Duchess and you’re not chosen, what does that say about you?
The selection process is already underway, and although it will likely be a bit of time before all 6 are chosen, one godparent already has reportedly been selected. And, shockingly, it isn’t Pippa or Harry. Read more on The Stir…
Kensington Palace released the first photos of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince George. The photos, taken earlier this month by the Duchess’ father Michael Middleton, show the new family in the garden of Michael and Carole’s sprawling Bucklebury manor.
One photo shows William, Catherine, George with their cocker spaniel, Lupo and the Middleton family’s retriever, Tilly.
The Duke and Duchess stayed with the Middletons for the first few weeks of George’s life. Now it’s understood that the family of three is staying at their rented farmhouse in Anglesey, Wales while William finishes his operational tour with the Royal Air Force. [Socialite Life] [Photo: Michael Middleton/PA Wire]
Some will send binkies. Some will send booties. Some will send rattles. But the government of Australia gave the newborn prince/their monarchal overlord Prince George Alexander Louis another sort of gift entirely: a baby crocodile. The little snapper was hatched on December 3, the same day Kate Middleton announced her pregnancy to the world, and he’ll be joining the pair of crocodiles already “gifted” to Prince William and Kate the last time they visited Australia. But lil’ Georgie won’t actually get to play with his new pet croc, as he will live in a city called Darwin, presumably at a zoo. What a shite baby gift! George can’t even take it for walks around Kensington Palace or scratch its chin without getting his hand snapped off. Oh well. Queen Elizabeth is probably going to give him, like, the Cayman Islands or something, so it’ll work out. [Telegraph UK]
The wait is over! George Alexander Louis is the name Kate Middleton and Prince William have chosen for their son, who was born on Monday in London. The child will formally be known as His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge, as his parents are the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. [AP]