Lindsay Lohan has had a hell of a week. First, her dad Michael Lohan tried to stage an intervention, and asked that Lindsay’s estate be placed under conservatorship. And just days later, Lohan got her panties in a bunch over the presidential debate. Linz, who has previously said she would vote for Romney, watched the debate on pins and needles. Check out her anxiety-filled and delusional tweets above!
Tag Archives: presidential debate
KitchenAid’s Tacky Tweet About Obama’s Grandma & Women’s Issues Go Undiscussed At First Presidential Debate
Jess is out sick today, so I’ve collected links for Today’s Lady News. I’ve used a quote from each piece as a brief summary (rather than interpreting myself) and you can click further to read more if it interests you. We’ll be back to your regularly scheduled Lady News tomorrow!
- “[During the debates] KitchenAid took to its official Twitter page to try and make light of the President mentioning his grandma, Madelyn Lee Payne Dunham, and tweeted the following: “Obamas gma even knew it was going 2 b bad! ‘She died 3 days b4 he became president’.” [Madame Noire]
- “Women could decide the outcome of the 2012 General Election. You know it, I know it, and odds are the candidates know it too. But last night, two candidates and one sorta-moderator managed to talk for 90 minutes straight in a domestic policy debate without discussing women’s reproductive rights.” [Feministing] Keep reading »
Still feeling the Rocky Mountain High from the first Presidential debate? We sure are. Others will fact check — we can’t — we’re dumb. Think of us as “fun checkers.” Isn’t that adorbz? Anyway, here are the five flat-out dumbest moments of the night with our ribbing for your pleasure:
1. Dueling Flag Pins: Guys, it’s embarrassing showing up to a party wearing the same patriotic bling. Well, not exactly the same — Romney’s was two millimeters bigger than Obama’s. That means he loves America more, right?
2. Big Bird: The mellow yellow icon was shown some love by Romney — the same guy who had just pledged to de-feather his PBS nest if elected. Even dumber, Twitter parody accounts sprouted faster than bird seed in fresh manure. Lots of attention whores people started tweeting as Big Bird and then lemmings people flocked to follow them. Cue the inevitable articles about social media being important written for the AARP set, who will, inevitably, still have no clue what it is. e.g. “Social media? That’s new fangled clap trap! Now go back to yer Phasebook and git off my lawn!” Read more…
- Big Bird was trending on Twitter during last night’s debate, after Mitt Romney said he would cut funding for PBS. Check out the Twitter account @FiredBigBird — really funny and, well, sad. [Fired Big Bird]
- Shakira has confirmed that she is having a baby boy. Little Shakiro? Congrats! [PopCrush]
- Rihanna and Chris Brown were spotted together at Jay-Z’s show last night in Brooklyn. Why the hell is Chris Brown even allowed to attend a Jay-Z show? Can’t Hova ban him or something? [Uptown]
- Ryan Seacrest is speaking out about the epic fight between new “American Idol” judges Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey, calling their feud “intense,” but also admitting their dynamic is just what the show needs. I mean … I’ll be watching. [The Celebrity Cafe] Keep reading »
Will you be watching the presidential debate tonight? If so, play along with this butt-chugging drinking game we’ve helpfully created.***
***Please don’t play along with this game. Butt-chugging is stupid.
Bill Clinton, distinguished former president, author, lawyer, oral sex aficionado, and humanitarian, has now become a fight promoter. While addressing a church crowd in Greenville, S.C., the potential first First Man suggested that he “kind of liked to see Barack and Hillary fight.” Whoa there tiger! As if the verbal mud slinging hasn’t been graphic enough, Bill seems to want his wife to literally mud wrestle a strapping black guy. Now that kind of smack down action would put the “raise” in fund-raising! So let’s fill up a kiddie pool and call it the next Democratic Debate. Bill Clinton still knows what the American people want! [The Huffington Post] Keep reading »