A couple weeks ago, Rachel posted that teaser image of supermodel Kate Moss on all fours, clad in a Playboy Bunny costume, cotton-ball tail and all. And now the issue itself — the magazine’s 60th anniversary issue — has arrived, with Kate on the cover. Somehow she manages to make even this ridiculous and kinda demeaning ensemble look totally chic. Sigh. See one more (SFW) shot after the jump! [Stylelite] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: playboy
Here’s a challenge for you eagle-eyed Frisky readers: can you deduce which famous female is sporting the iconic Playboy bunny costume from bum alone? A hint — we wouldn’t typically peg her as the Playboy type, but that doesn’t mean this is the first time she’s bared her bod in a magazine. Far from it, in fact … Keep reading »
I’m dying to know whether it was a student or a parent who discovered Dallas high school Spanish teacher Cristy Nicole Deweese had also posed nude for Playboy and Playboy.com. Because reporting that to the authorities was probably an awkward conversation.
Deweese, 21, posed naked three years ago as a “Coed Of The Month” for Playboy as well as on Playboy.com as a cybergirl.” Today she teaches Spanish at Townview Magnet High School in Dallas, Texas.
I don’t think it should matter whether teachers have worked as strippers or escorts, posed topless or appeared in porn in the past. If my hypothetical kid’s teacher is a gifted and hard-working educator, that is what’s important to me. As long as teachers conduct themselves professionally and keep their past careers out of the classroom, it should be a nonissue. Keep reading »
“As soon as I pop this thing out, I want to do Playboy or some nude shoot.”
– Kim Kardashian announces her intentions to pose for Playboy again as a promo for the new season of “Keeping Up With The Kardashians.” This is interesting considering that she told Harper’s Bazaar that she was sorry she did it the first time back in 2007 because she was “uncomfortable” and her mother told her to “go for it” because they might never ask her again. Good ol’ Kris! But then she told Glamour that it was an “independence thing” for her. Either she doesn’t actually remember the shoot or she left her script at home for these interviews and had to improvise. If she hasn’t changed her mind since popping out North West, we can expect to see her naked body in the pages of Playboy. As if we don’t already know what she looks like naked with our eyes closed already.[Radar]
“I never chalk up anything to the gender divide and say ‘Well, that’s just a male thing.’ I hate the conventional wisdom that men are supposedly complete pieces of shit and it’s our job as women to put up with them. Men are just as sensitive and easily victimized as women are, but there’s not as much of an infrastructure for expressing it. That drives me nuts. We’re all humans and doing human stuff. We’d have a better world if everyone had someone they could pay for talk therapy.”
– Lena Dunham sat down to answer 20 questions in the latest issue of Playboy and had some insightful things to say about men, feminism, and learning the birds and the bees. God, do I agree with her on this one — if everyone could just have access to a little therapy, even people who think they don’t need it, we’d all be better off, because we’d be addressing our shit instead of taking it out on other people — our friends, our families, the people we date, etc. When I become President, it’ll be free therapy for everyone! Hurrah! Anyway, click on to read some more choice quotes from Dunham’s Playboy interview… Keep reading »
Kate Moss dons an admirable amount of hats: fashion model, Britain’s national treasure, style icon, wife, mum, dog owner, muse… Hell, she’s even dabbled in (adorably awkward) singing on a Babyshambles track. But Playboy cover model? That’s one I did not see coming. NowThis News claims to have gotten its hands on an internal memo from the publication that named Moss as the cover girl of its 60th anniversary issue, which would hit newsstands January of next year. Kate has posed in the nude countless times, but her jobs historically tend to skew artsy avant-garde rather than garish lad’s mag. According to the memo, she’s set to be shot for the editorial by legendary photog team Mert and Marcus, with W‘s Alex White as stylist, this week — and with a team like that, the results are likely to be much different from the magazine’s usual fare.
Though it’s not much more than a rumor right now, it’s certainly feasible, and I bet it would convince a whole new demographic to pick up Playboy on the newsstands for the very first time (duh, ladiez be lovin’ Kate Moss). I know I would — I buy every Kate cover. It’s an expensive habit. Seriously, do you know how many covers this girl gets? [Fashionista]
As of today, the first Hebrew edition of Playboy is available in the Holy Land. American Playboy has been on news stands in Israel for years, but this is the first edition of the magazine featuring Israeli models and articles by Israeli writers. For whoever made the Playgoy joke, I hate to break it to you, but it doesn’t really work. A goy is a non-Jew. And the majority of Israel’s Hebrew-speaking population is Jewish. So WOMP, WOMP. As far as how Israel’s the Muslim population will react to the new edition of the magazine. Not so sure. [Buzzfeed]
- A French actress named Eva Ionesco is suing her mother over “erotic child modeling photos” which were published in Playboy. Irina Ionesco photographed her daughter at age 11 for a 1976 issue of magazine, which boasted about young Eva being the “youngest model ever.” Now in her late 40s, Eva Ionesco is suing her 77-year-old mother for “emotional distress.” In other news, Kris Jenner now looks like mother of the year. [The Gloss]
- Uh oh. Brit Brit might be getting the boot from “X Factor.” [Evil Beet Gossip]
- Oxygen has ordered up a special called “All My Babies’ Mamas” about the rapper Shawty Lo and the 10 women with whom he procreated. I don’t even know where to start with this one. [Clutch Magazine]