- Congrats are in order for Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem, who married on the sly over two weeks ago. [Dlisted]
- Contrary to what you may have heard, Bret Michaels is not engaged. [People]
- Vince Vaughn and his wife, Kyla Weber, are expecting their first child. Cue the “Jennifer Aniston is depressed” tabloid headlines! [Star]
Tag Archives: penelope cruz
It’s always a bit of a shame when a ravishing brunette highlights her hair. While we get that there’s a lot of pressure to lighten up in Hollywood and all, there’s nothing more striking than a true raven-haired beauty who is fully pulling it off. But real talk: Penelope Cruz is seriously rocking this rather subtle approach, beginning with the effortless-looking casual way her hair is styled. To get the look, the key word is “caramel,” and we probably wouldn’t attempt this at home, as it’s clearly the handiwork of a master colorist excelling at the hard-to-DIY balayage technique, which produces amazingly natural results. Getting just the right amount of tousled is fairly easy though: Just blow-dry, then shake your hair out and rake a product like Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity Styling Cream through with your fingers. [Los Angeles, 1/29/10] Keep reading »
“I’m the wrong person, because every day when I’m not working, I don’t wear makeup. I like messy hair, and I wear jeans and a big T-shirt. If I could, I’d be barefoot in the street.”
On Meryl Streep:
“There is nobody better than Meryl Streep. I watch her movies over and over again—I saw ‘Silkwood’  again a couple of weeks ago, and it made me just want to kiss her feet. We only know each other from seeing each other at awards ceremonies or those kinds of events, but whenever I see her, I always go up to her and start kissing her. I don’t even say anything—I just kiss her. She must think I’m some crazy person.”
On Sophia Loren, her co-star in “Nine”:
“She looks like a goddess. But she was always worried to see if we were eating enough. I was eating like a pig during that movie because I wanted to gain a few kilos. I was eating nonstop. But it was never enough for Sophia. She would say, “You’re not eating enough, and then you’re doing all this exercise! And I just saw Marion [Cotillard], and she left the table. That one eats less than you do—nothing!”
Excuse me, Grace Coddington approved this? For the November issue of Vogue, Anna and Co. rounded up the female stars of the upcoming movie musical “Nine.” Four of them — Nicole Kidman, Marion Cotillard, Penelope Cruz, and Kate Hudson — are on the cover together, but the overly airbrushed shot makes it oh-so-obvious that photographer Annie Liebovitz shot them separately and spliced them together in Photoshop. Regardless, the beach background is tragic, the fashion makes no sense in context, and they all look like wax figurines. Cover shoot FAIL. [Just Jared] Keep reading »
- Penelope Cruz is reportedly pregnant with Javier Bardem‘s baby. [Starpulse] — We can’t express how happy we are for them!
- Selena Gomez told Seventeen she has Kristen Stewart to thank for introducing her to Taylor Lautner, but she still maintains that they aren’t dating. [OK! Magazine]
- Kimora Lee Simmons and Djimon Hounsou have released the first baby pics of son Kenzo. [Just Jared] — He’s so adorable, but then again there’s no way this pairing could have gone wrong.
Seconds after this photo was taken, Penelope Cruz warned Pedro Almodovar that he’d be getting the bill for this dry cleaning. Powerless in the face of such beauty, the filmmaker could only nod his head and smile. [Cannes, France, 5/19/09] Keep reading »