- In Very Serious Political News, TMZ finally found the shirtless Paul Ryan photo the Internet has been dying to see. As soon as I heard about Paul Ryan’s insane workout routine, I knew I needed to see what the Republican vice presidential nominee was hiding under that Brooks Brothers button down. Not too shabby, sir! [TMZ]
- Kelly Rowland from Destiny’s Chid has been cast in a new BET sitcom called “What Would Dylan Do?” in which she’ll play a “struggling L.A.-based relationship blogger.” The Frisky is here for you if you need us to consults on being “struggling … relationship blogger[s],” BET. [Uptown Magazine]
- Joey Kovar from MTV’s “Real World: Hollywood” and “Celebrity Rehab” has died from an alleged drug overdose at age 29. [Celebrity Cafe]
- Does anyone care that 98 Degrees reunited this morning on “The Today Show”? Anyone at all? [PopCrush]
- Why women have ravishment and rape fantasies. [Em & Lo]
- Shark Week is here and that means it’s time for Shark Week memes. [The FW]
- This week in Royal Family gossip, including William and Kate’s upcoming travel plans to Singapore. Remember, no spitting allowed, Kate. [Socialite Life] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: paul ryan
Surf over to RomneyRyan.com, and you’ll pretty quickly realize that it’s not a Romney campaign site. It features a link to Romney’s tax returns, a link to a list of his top contributors, and the message, “This site, much like Mitt Romney himself, is for sale to the highest bidder.” That last bit is the point. The site is owned by enterprising Ron Paul fan Peter Crowley, Roll Call reports, and he wants at least $5,000 for it.
“RomneyRyan was an educated guess, one that I was always glad I had acquired,” Crowley says. Read more …
Have you ever dated a mansplainer? You know, one of those dudes who feels the need to tell you exactly how the world works by spouting off incredibly obvious information. According to Urban Dictionary, mansplaining is simply: “To explain in a patronizing manner, assuming total ignorance on the part of those listening. The mansplainer is often shocked and hurt when their mansplanation is not taken as absolute fact, criticized or even rejected altogether.”
So yes, you’ve met/dated/dumped one, right?
Well, it sort of appears so. Wonder who tipped the Romney/Ryan team to the idea — I’m guessing it was one of Romney’s five hot sons…
I must admit that I got a little squee-ish when I saw Rachel Maddow devote a couple of minutes at the top of her show last night to the Hey Girl, Ryan Gosling meme and its various incarnations. Of course, the purpose was to talk about the latest version of the meme, “Paul Ryan Gosling,” which melds together Hey Girl’s smooth, ladies man vibe with VP nominee Paul Ryan’s various conservative political views. Which is cool and all, but I really, really enjoyed hearing Maddow, a girl crush of mine, say Gosling’s name over and over. She really emphasizes the “S” in his name, doesn’t she? Gosssssssling. Clip above!
Republican Congressman Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney’s choice of a running mate, is not the only new, youthful face that has stepped into the spotlight in the last week. Janna Ryan, Paul’s wife, has quite a history of her own on Capitol Hill. Here are seven things to know about Janna Ryan… Keep reading »
Paul Ryan adores Atlas Shrugged author Ayn Rand, calling her “the reason I got involved in public service.” But the feeling wouldn’t be mutual, writes Conor Friedersdorf in the Atlantic. First off, the very idea of “public service” is pretty un-Randian: She calls the notion of the “public interest” inherently unfair. And taking a look at his voting record, Rand would likely be dismayed. Read more …
Happy Saturday, folks! Did you hear? Mitt Romney has announced his running mate for the presidential election — Congressman Paul Ryan (R-WI). Let’s get to know him, shall we? Keep reading »