After getting an email announcing that The Weezer Cruise is making its triumphant return in 2014, we got to thinking about celebrity cruises. Everyone from Kate Gosselin to Kenny G has been taking their act to the high seas, but we have yet to see some of our favorite celebs get in on the action (Chavril, where are you?!). Grab your bedazzled bikini and click on the gallery to check out seven imagined celebrity cruises that we really wish were real….
Tag Archives: passion pit
Because I am a crotchety old person, I don’t really consider Passion Pit indie music, but still! A goddamn Brooks Brothers corporate tie-in? That is some crazy bullshit. Here the boys are, wearing expensive suits, making a promotional video, set to the tune of “Take A Walk.” I mean, I get it, bands gotta get paid. But really, wearing a Brooks Brothers suit to do so takes selling out to new heights. I mean, I guess they could be smoking some Monsanto crack at the same time, but you know what I mean.
- Frontman Michael Angelakos took the band’s name from a slang term for drive-ins where teens ignored the screen in favor of other, um, activities.
- Their Chunk of Change EP was originally created as a belated Valentine’s Day present for Angelakos’s girlfriend.
- They’ve opened for Death Cab for Cutie and Girl Talk, two of our faves.
- The five guys who make up the band are super cute and nerdy looking. (We’re crushing on the three in glasses.)
- We listened to “Sleepyhead” 25 times in a row the other day (seriously) and still want to jump up and down every time we hear it.