- Kanye West blew up at paparazzi lurking outside his house at 4 a.m, who were there to ask him about his dustup with Jimmy Kimmel. Frankly, after watching the TMZ clip, I don’t blame him one bit. Those photogs are just loitering in his driveway — at one point, practically going into his garage — and pestering him in the middle of the night. It’s creepy. [TMZ]
- Zac Efron posted an Instagram pic of himself in Peru and thanked fans for their support. It recently came out that Efron had done multiple stints in rehab this year for drug abuse. [Celebuzz]
- WNBA players Diana Taurasi and Seimone Augustus got way up in each other’s faces and then — jokingly — kissed during the middle of a playoff game last night. [Yahoo]
- Prince George’s christening has been set for late October at the chapel in St. James Palace and will be a small family affair. Buy your diamond-encrusted Bibles now. [US Weekly] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: paparazzi
Halle Berry and Jennifer Garner really worked tirelessly to get this anti-paparazzi bill approved, and it’s actually one of the best moves they’ve ever made. With this new law, any paparazzo accused of harassing a kid will be able to get fined up to $30,000 and also go to jail for up to a year. It will also be possible for the parents of these children to seek civil liability, which means that celebrities who have paparazzi following them and their children can easily have these paparazzi arrested.
Halle even released a statement after the bill was passed, saying, “I am forever in awe of the support I got within my community from the enormously talented musician Adele to fellow actor, Jennifer Garner, who traveled with me to Sacramento to share her children’s stories, experience, and her desire to give them a better life.” Read more at Celeb Dirty Laundry…
- Nicole Kidman got hit by a paparazzo on a bike outside the upscale Carlyle Hotel in New York City, knocking her to the ground. Kidman reportedly wasn’t injured by the collision, but she did yell “Ow! Ow!” and hurry back into the hotel. Poor thing! [US Weekly]
- New couple alert: Ashley Olsen is dating David Shulte, the CEO of the eyewear company Oliver Peoples. [US Weekly]
- Listen to Fiona Apple cover the song “Pure Imagination” from “Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory.” Let’s agree to pretend it’s for more fabulous reasons than a Chipotle commercial? [Stereogum]
- At least an Atlanta strip club kicked out the band Mumford & Sons for something other than touching one of the dancers. [TMZ] Keep reading »
- Oooh, this makes me viscerally angry. A paparazzo called Suri Cruise a “brat” to her face after she and Katie Holmes refused to pose for pictures. In this SplashNews video, the actress, her daughter, and another little girl left a building for a waiting car, but paparazzi and autograph seekers blocked their way. Suri, who is seven-years-old, cried “Stop!” and “We want to get in the car!” and finally “Get out of the way!” Then a male voice from off-camera called out, rather loudly, “Bye, Suri, you little brat!” The only consolation is that another paparazzo starts yelling at him to leave kids alone. [Crushable] Keep reading »
New favorite celeb kid: Violet Affleck! Little Violet went off on paparazzi trailing her, her father Ben and little sister Seraphina on a shopping trip, yelling at them, “Stop taking pictures of us and our dad! Get out!” Whoa, watch out guys! Before the pictures were taken, Ben was grousing on camera — obviously so the photographers would hear — “We don’t like it.” I hope that paparazzi don’t start trying to provoke Violet now and getting her to lash out. It’s creepy enough that grown men with cameras are following them around parking lots. [Crushable]
Now here’s something you don’t hear from the celebs of tinseltown everyday.
According to The New York Post, Canadian born singer Alanis Morissette is convinced the paparazzi serve a useful purpose in Hollywood as they “force transparency” on the celebrities they photograph.
“I actually like the paparazzi,” the “Ironic” singer reveals, who has been photographed on numerous occasions out and about with her 1-year-old son Ever and husband Mario Treadway. “They’re forcing transparency… What are we afraid of? Our relationships being dysfunctional?” Read more…
Jessica Alba’s got a lotta crap with her in this pap pic from her earlier this week. Good thing she’s got a comfy-but-chic outfit on. We’re really digging the peach-on-peach look, so that’s why we’ve decided to steal this style.
Justin Bieber may have a baby face and appeal to the tween set, but that doesn’t mean he should be trifled with. The singer got into a scuffle with an aggressive paparazzo yesterday that resulted in an ambulance being called (to treat the pap) and Justin losing his shoe and hat. Girlfriend Selena Gomez arrived on the scene to aid Justin in his hour of need. Neither looks very happy about it.
Bieber’s got a lot of fierce competition in the paparazzi brawl department. After the jump are some of our favorite kerfuffles!
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is so adorable—he’s one of the only guys who can rock a baseball cap without making me want to scream. When some paparazzi photographers started snapping photos of him at LAX, on his way to Pittsburgh to film “The Dark Knight Rises,” Joseph whipped out his phone and started to give them a taste of their own medicine. Adorbs. [ONTD] Keep reading »