Half of Hollywood had the right idea last night — instead of going to the boring ol’ Academy Awards, they went to the Vanity Fair party early and whooped it up. Click on to see who was there — hint: everyone! (Okay, now we’re done with the Oscar red carpet slideshows. Phew!)
Tag Archives: oscars
There were surprisingly few misses at last night’s Academy Awards, and celebs shined from the tops of their heads down to their toes. A lot of ladies debuted new hairstyles — and there was a surprising number of shorter ‘dos on the red carpet. Is this a new Hollywood trend? Just when I’m growing my hair out again? (Of course.) Keep clicking to check out all the hairstyles we loved!
The funniest thing about Angelina Jolie’s thigh’s big display at the Academy Awards last night is that even she was acting like it was the first time the world was seeing it. I swear, it even had its own sound effect. Every time she thrust it out, I heard “Kah-BLAM!” But seriously, folks, Angelina is always showing one of her thighs. Here is a brief history of her favorite appendage on the red carpet — with sound effects.
So, the Oscars last night were kinda weird, right? Billy Crystal’s hosting definitely wasn’t as cringe-worthy as Anne Hathaway and James Franco last year, but the whole show seemed a little off. There was an awkward vibe throughout the ceremony, and a few moments that were straight-up confusing. Here’s a list of the top 10 most “WTF?!” moments at the ceremony this year. Keep reading »
Last night’s Academy Awards broadcast was less than thrilling, but that’s okay. We’ll always find a way to entertain ourselves by ogling the gorgeous dresses and the starlets wearing them. While not everyone won big during the awards ceremony, many stars shone brightly on the red carpet and during the much-more-fun and alcohol-fueled after-parties. And so did their boobs. Some lady celebs — we’re looking at you Irina Shayk, Kristin Wiig, Selena Gomez and Sofia Vergara, amongst others — really know how to let the girls out in style. After the jump, check out our gallery of the best boobs at the Oscars — and let us know who you liked best.
- Did anyone notice that “The Artist”‘s Jean DuJardin dropped an F-bomb in French while accepting his Oscar for Best Actor? Meh. It’s an Oscar tradition. [Starpluse]
- Jennifer Lopez’s stylist denies she had a nip slip onstage while presenting with Cameron Diaz. Lies! I saw that runaway areola with my very own eyes. [Starpulse]
- Angelina Jolie’s show-offy leg already has its own Twitter feed. [Twitter.com/AngiesRightLeg]
- Uh, can we talk about Billy Crystal’s Sammy Davis, Jr. blackface. [Fox News]
- Meryl Streep is better than you. That’s all. [Meryl Streep Is Better Than You]
- Meanwhile, Adam Sandler has earned a record number of Razzies. [The FW]
- Rihanna is on the short list to play Whitney Houston in a biopic of the late singer’s life. [PopDust] Keep reading »
Aside from white, there wasn’t a big color trend on last night’s Oscars red carpet — but sparkle was definitely in. There was an abundance of sequins, with mixed results — Rose Byrne looked smashing, while Anna Faris stumbled. Click through to see what we mean…
By far, some of my favorite dresses at last night’s Oscars — Rooney Mara, Milla Jovovich, and Gwyneth Paltrow — were white. But they were anything but bridal. Click through to see the women who wore this trends.