- Seth MacFarlane’s “We Saw Your Boobs” song was a fail in countless ways. But especially because many of the pairs of boobs he referenced were “seen” in rape scenes. [Newser]
- And on that note, MacFarlane has promised never to host the Oscars again. A promise I plan to hold him to. [Just Jared]
- Infidelity is the most effective accidental diet out there. Do not attempt without consulting your doctor. [Your Tango]
- How to deal when you’re hot for teacher. [Gurl] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: oscars
I’m gonna give it to your straight: if you didn’t get invited to Vanity Fair‘s infamous Oscar party, you’re probably a sad, pathetic commoner like me. Practically everyone in Hollywood was there, though I chose to only feature those who didn’t attend the awards or who changed into a pretty new frock for the party. And by the way, as much as we loved so many of the dresses on the Oscar red carpet, the dresses at Vanity Fair party put those to shame. Ah-mazing.
Academy bosses must have known Seth MacFarlane would come to the Oscars armed with a few bad-taste jokes—and the “Family Guy” creator did not disappoint. Some of the rookie host’s more controversial moments, as per Entertainment Weekly and the Huffington Post:
- “Django Unchained” ”is the story of a man fighting to get back his woman, who’s been subjected to unthinkable violence—or as Chris Brown and Rihanna call it, ‘a date movie,’” MacFarlane said. Boos were heard when he added, “A lot of controversies over the use of the n-word in the film. I’m told apparently the screenplay is loosely based on Mel Gibson’s voicemails.” Read more…
It was tough to pick any “worst dressed” contenders out of this year’s batch of beautiful Oscar gowns, and the hairstyles didn’t disappoint either. From romantic updos to retro curls, click through to check out five celebrity hairstyles we loved on the red carpet–and how to recreate them at home!
Yup, this is just about how I’d imagine such an encounter would go. Oscar winner Jennifer Lawrence was doing an interview with ABC last night when the vaguely lecherous (but in a cute-ish way?) Jack Nicholson interrupted to compliment her on her performance in “Silver Linings Playbook.” Jennifer is naturally a bit starstruck at having Jack introduce himself to her, but that didn’t stop her from remarking, “Do I look like your new girlfriend?” Oh yeah, he’ll be waiting. PRICELESS.
So many Oscars gowns, so little time! This year, for a change, virtually everyone looked smashing. Hollywood was struck by the good taste stick for once — and we’ve culled more than a dozen of our favorite red carpet moments from the 2013 Academy Awards. Click through to see all the glitz, glamour and (actually tasteful!) gowns.
This year’s Academy Awards were rather exceptional — no, not because of Anne Hathaway’s annoyingly breathless acceptance speech — but because there were relatively few fashion missteps on the red carpet. Even Helena Bonham-Carter, a reliable style weirdo, managed to reign in her batcrackers look just a tad. So while these looks technically fall in the “worst dressed” category, we’d probably take any of these gowns over some of the crappy looks you might catch at the Grammys or the MTV Awards.
Click through for HBC, Kristen Chenoweth and more…
I was going to try and pick out one or two quotes from this clip of Jennifer Lawrence doing post-Oscars interviews, but it was pretty impossible to choose just one thing. Aside from being gorgeous and talented and all over amazing, J. Law happens to also be extremely thoughtful and funny. After discussing the stigma around mental health vis a vis her movie “Silver Linings Playbook,” Lawrence admitted that she’d done a shot backstage and made fun of herself for falling while trying to collect her awards. This clip confirms that she is probably the most hilarious person to hang out with in Hollywood, by a mile. [Yahoo]
Hollywood’s biggest stars absolutely looked their best at last night’s Academy Awards — so much so that we had a difficult time finding much we didn’t like. So for the most part, we’re going to focus on what we loved. We already showed you those wearing stunning sequins and princess gowns — and here are seven women (and men!) who opted for beautiful blues.