Meet Beth Davis of Tulsa, Oklahoma. She ran by Walmart to run and errand and stopped first in the women’s restroom. There should found a man, standing in front of the mirror partially clothed, jerking off. So Davis whipped out her cameraphone and started filming him as he tried to leave the store, while she yelled for someone to stop the man because he’d been masturbating But Walmart being Walmart, did nothing. In fact, as Davis told KJRH News, only one person — a vendor — tried to stop the man but was told by an employee not to touch him. Keep reading »
Tag Archives: oklahoma
Watch Blake Shelton And Miranda Lambert’s Beautiful Acoustic Version Of “Over You,” Dedicated To Oklahoma Tornado Victims
On last night’s episode of “The Voice,” Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton opened the show with a staggeringly beautiful acoustic version of “Over You.” The couple, who live in Oklahoma, originally wrote the song to honor Shelton’s brother who passed away in 1990, but retooled it slightly to pay tribute to the victim’s of this week’s devastating tornado. Watch their performance above, and click here to find out how you can help the recovery and rebuilding effort. [YouTube via EW]
I didn’t sleep at all last night after reading about and seeing the horrific aftermath of the deadly tornado that ripped through Moore, Oklahoma. Such gruesome images and unbelievable destruction. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone who was affected (if you’re looking for specific ways to help, check out this list). In the midst of all this horror, there are always little bright spots, one of which is this interview with Moore resident Barbara Garcia. Even though her home was completely destroyed, Garcia survived the tornado by hunkering down in her bathroom with her beloved dog, who was tragically ripped out of her arms by the high winds. As Garcia is recounting the story to CBS News, the reporter spots a dog buried in the rubble behind her, which turns out to be — you guessed it! — Garcia’s missing dog. After being dug out and reunited with its owner, the dog seems scared but miraculously unharmed. You’ll definitely need a couple tissues to get through this one. [CBS News]
Monday afternoon a mile-wide tornado ripped through Moore, Oklahoma, a suburb on the outskirts of Oklahoma City. The tornado’s deadly path tore through a hospital and two schools, and while rescue crews still aren’t sure about the exact number of victims, the county medical examiner confirmed that there are at least 24 dead.
As search crews continue to look for any remaining survivors amid the rubble, we wanted to let the people of Moore and its surrounding communities know that we are thinking of them, and want to give you, our readers, the opportunity to help out.
After the jump, a list of charities you can donate to, that will help to rescue, recover and restore the people of Moore. In most cases, due to time, space and administrative costs, these charities are asking for financial, rather than material, donations. Generally, whenever possible, it’s good to donate to local organizations and charities first, as they typically have a better idea of what’s need in their communities and are more invested in recovering and reviving affected areas. Keep reading »
A two-mile-wide tornado touched down in a suburb of Oklahoma City today, leveling the suburb of Moore and leaving at least 10 dead reports CNN. “It is absolutely devastating, this is horrific,” Oklahoma Lt. Governor said, as per ABC News. “We’re going to have fatalities. … We’re going to have significant injuries. … We just don’t know what those numbers are. Schools have been hit, a hospital has been hit, businesses have been flattened, neighborhoods have been wiped away — we don’t have the numbers in yet but it is going to be significant and it is going to be horrific.” Read more on Newser…
When I was a kid, my mom sometimes threatened to sell me to the gypsies. I didn’t know who or what a gypsy was, but I knew that I didn’t want to be sold to anyone, and it usually got me to behave better. Not so, Misty VanHorn’s children, whose mother actually tried to sell them. VanHorn, of Sallisaw, Oklahoma, allegedly wanted for $1,000 for her two-year-old and $4,000 for her four-year-old, and wanted to use the money to get her boyfriend out of jail.
And here’s the kicker…
- Oklahoma State Senate Clark Jolley, a Republican (duh), introduced a bill that would allow an employer to refuse to cover birth control in their health care plans for any reason, based on the idea, and I quote, that birth control “poisons women’s bodies.” Maybe condoms — WHICH ARE ALSO A FORM OF BIRTH CONTROL, BUT FOR MEN — have been squeezing his dick too tight and are cutting off blood flow to his brain? [Think Progress]
- Homophobic school teacher Diana Medley has been suspended after lobbying for an LGBTQ-free prom. [Feministing]
- Arkansas’s House of Representatives has advanced a bill banning abortion after 12 weeks, except in cases of rape, incest or the health of the mother is at risk. The original version of this bill would have banned abortion as soon as a fetal heartbeat is detectable, around roughly six weeks of pregnancy. [Salon]
- House Republicans introduced their own version of the Violence Against Women Act that strips protections for LGBTQ victims. EYE ROLL. [Think Progress] Keep reading »
- The Oklahoma Supreme Court has ruled that two anti-abortion laws — one which requires a woman to have an ultrasound and hear a detailed description of the fetus, another which restricts the use of the abortion pill — are unconstitutional and can’t be enforced. [Huffington Post]
- Slightly more men than women think that rape jokes should be “off limits” to comedians, according to a small poll by CBS for Vanity Fair‘s comedy issue. [Think Progress]
- Women are now one-third of America’s doctors and lawyers … but we’re still not getting paid equally. [Wall Street Journal] Keep reading »
- An Oklahoma doctor working in an emergency room refused to provide emergency contraception to a 24-year-old rape victim because EC is against her personal beliefs. (Yes, the doctor was a woman.) According to the rape victim’s mother Rhonda, the doctor said, “I will not give you emergency contraceptives because it goes against my beliefs.” And guess what! It is perfectly legal for this doctor to do this in the state of Oklahoma because it has a so-called “conscience clause.” This poor rape victim and her mom had to travel to another hospital to get EC and prevent an unwanted pregnancy from rape. This is embarrassing, Oklahoma. [Think Progress]
- Washington state’s same-sex marriage law will be voted on in a November referendum, after opponents of marriage equality have gathered enough signatures to put it on the ballet. In the meantime, the measure to allow civil marriage will sit in limbo. [USA Today] Keep reading »
Nothing is quite so entertaining as people who don’t recognize their own hypocrisy, huh? Recently, our hero, Oklahoma State Sen. Constance Johnson (D), introduced an “Every Sperm Is Sacred” law to try to outlaw male masturbation. Legislators in OK have been concerned with banning abortion rights, including a “fetal personhood” amendment which would define a fertilized egg as a person, thereby criminalizing all abortion and IVF treatment. So, Sen. Johnson thought politicians should turn their attention to all the poor little spermies being spanked out in the shower. ”If we’re taking about protecting life, then let’s talk about life at it’s very basic beginning,” she told “The Daily Show” last night. Keep reading »