Is there that one person you follow on Twitter that constantly tweets the most inane shit? Do you find yourself wanting to reach through the computer screen and stop their little fingers mid-tweet? We all know Twitter is many things, but it is certainly not a personal repository for your breakfast descriptions or FourSquare check-ins. Vlogger Franchesa “Chescaleigh” Ramsey feels your pain and has a remedy. Send your favorite over-tweeter this video today, and rest easy. [YouTube]
Tag Archives: no doubt
If we’re to believe the news being leaked out of Coachella Festival headquarters, this year’s double weekend Coachella Festival, held in Indio, California on April 13-15 and April 20-22, is going to be like taking a fantastical ride in the wayback machine to the mid-’90s. Supposedly the fest’s headliners are No Doubt, Foo Fighters and Radiohead. And also appearing: Fiona Apple (!), Chris Cornell, Underworld (remember “Born Slippy”?) and Nada Surf. Oh sure, there are some current bands playing too — like Best Coast and Wild Flag — but the headliners are all a zillion years old.
- Rock band No Doubt is suing the makers of the Band Hero edition of Guitar Hero for including a virtual version of the band singing other people’s songs in the game. [LA Times]
- A solid chunk of you readers probably asked yourselves this question: “Should I break up with my college boyfriend?” [Em & Lo]
- Examine Britney Spears through the years by taking a look at the men she’s dated. [PopEater] — I’m surprised that with all the craziness, she has only publicly dated five men.
- Check out the first installment of Maxim‘s Style Guide, and learn how men are supposed to shave. [Maxim] — Their faces, people.
Gwen and the No Doubt boys reunited for the first time in years to kick off “The Today Show”‘s summer concert series, and it was kick-ass awesome. [New York City, 5/1/09] Keep reading »
This year has been sort of a Debbie Downer. From the stock market slump, to the shocking death of Heath Ledger, to the lame duck President’s reversal of medical rights last week, things have been looking pretty glum. But I’m ready for a clean slate! So, for those of you who are with me and SO over ye ole ’08, here are 10 things to look forward to in 2009:
1. Going To Bed With Jimmy Fallon: The former “Saturday Night Live” star will get his own late night show in Spring ’09. He’s taking over Conan’s slot and the giant ginger is moving on down into Jay Leno’s time.
Keep reading »
When it’s sexy time, it’s also time to take off your clothes and put on some sweet tunes — like the Pixies, right? Cause you know when I put on the Surfer Rosa record it is time to get busy. Sadly, now my hip, hot record collection favorites are being marketed towards new parents so they can bring the classics of classic rock to their kids. Awwww…ugh. [Simcha, you know you think that baby with the headphones is a-dor-a-ble. -- Editor] Rockabye Baby is a company dedicated to turning the rock, metal, and pop songs you like to do it to into precious little lullabies. That’s right, the same jams that put you in the mood for baby makin’ have been remade for your little bundle of joy. Creepy! When the album you lost your virginity to is on the list (i.e. Nirvana’s Nevermind) it just seems like another sign that you’re are supposed to be squeezing out lil’ screamers by now. But alas, for those actually with mini-me’s the music series features great artists like Led Zeppelin, No Doubt, Bjork, Radiohead and yes, even Metallica, Tool, and Queens of the Stone Age all done over again soft and sweet for nap time. Nicole Richie and Scott Baio spin them for their celebuspawn, because after all, it’s never to early to teach your kid how to headbang to a xylophone heavy rendition of Nine Inch Nails’ The Hand That Feeds. [Ad Freak]
Keep reading »