- Nicki Minaj deleted her Twitter account in a huff this weekend after fan site NickiDaily leaked snippets of Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded. [PopCrush]
- ZOMG, you guys, Michelle Obama’s prom photo. [Uptown Magazine]
- Another reason why you should get a job: “marrying up” is on the way down. [Em & Lo]
- CNN has discovered pregnancy fetishism. [Nerve]
- More things that people are annoyed at “Girls” about: all the main characters are white. [The Hairpin] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: nicki minaj
This morning, Nicki Minaj visited the Elvis Duran radio show, and she wore this outfit. It reminded us a lot of something we would have worn on the first day of third grade. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Who can say? You can. (Listen to her interview with Elvin here!)
Nicki Minaj has rocked some pretty imaginative looks, none of which I would commit to wearing myself, so this will be a first: I’m kind of loving the long, crazy-voluminous light green hair she’s sporting in the video for her latest song, “Starships.” My Little Pony-inspired hair has been literally everywhere for the past year or so, some interpretations more successful than others, so her neon hue isn’t that much of a departure from what’s on trend. This is such an eye-catching look, I can’t help but picture it on my head. With my pale skin, it would probably send me straight into Beetlejuice territory, but maybe it’s worth a shot… What do you think? Have I lost my mind, or is this something about this verdigris strangely appealing? [Just Jared]
Here’s Ricky Martin and Nicki Minaj in a new ad series for M.A.C.’s Viva Glam collection. All sales from their lip conditioner (Ricky’s) and lipstick (Nicki’s) go toward helping families impacted by HIV and AIDS, so it’s a great cause. But aside from that, this ad just makes me really, extremely happy. Look at Ricky Martin lift that lipstick! [M.A.C.]
Tobias Fünke, take note: Nicki Minaj has gone and gotten herself thoroughly blued. She’s a touch more greenish than Tobias, so I don’t suppose she’ll be much of a threat to his very important role in the Blue Man Group. I actually think it looks nice on Nicki, especially with her pastel pink hair, but no word yet on the reason behind this skin color switch … aside from Vogue, of course. She’s really doing her best to pass Gaga on the road to Crazytown, huh? [Refinery29]
- Bravo’s “Watch What Happens Live” tried so hard to get Lil’ Kim to talk trash about Nicki Minaj. And she valiantly succeeds in not giving in until this snipe: “If you have to make a song called ‘Stupid Hoe’ then you must be a stupid hoe.” Come on, Lil’ Kim! Can we not catfight? Please? Stop egging Kim on, Andy Cohen! [Dlisted]
- Amanda Knox has sold her memoir to Harper Collins for $4 million. [New York Times]
- Cissy Houston — Whitney’s mom — wants Bobby Brown to eff the hell off and keep his paws off his ex-wife/her daughter’s estate. [PopCrush]
- Guess which celeb, at age 12, lost the lead role in “The Parent Trap” to Lindsay Lohan? No hard feelings, though. [Celebuzz]
- Ten things you probably didn’t know about “The Simpsons.” [The FW]
- Job interview tips from movies (which may or may not actually work). [Modern Man]
Keep reading »
File this one under convincing cases for the existence of the Illuminati: Vice took Nicki Minaj’s video for her new single “Super Bass” and slowed it down, only to discover that it sounds pitch-perfectly like … Jay-Z. You have to hear it to believe it because it’s uncanny, down to the Hov’s recognizable style and pace. A commenter went ahead and took the courtesy of speeding up a Jay-Z song to compare, and the results are alarming. I’m no conspiracy theorist, but hell if this isn’t spooky! Check out both videos for yourself, after the jump, and let me know what you think in the comments. [Vice] Keep reading »
Maybe I am just old, finally. That would be the most reassuring explanation for Nicki Minaj’s seizure-inducing music video for “Stupid Hoe,” a song about … uh … some stupid hoe?
It’s a catchy, poppy rap that’s mostly titillating for being denigrating to women. (Although I’ll admit, “I’m Angelina / you Jennifer / come on, bitch, you see where Brad at” is really clever.) But it’s really the video that’s worth paying attention to: Nicki Minaj’s crazy-colored hair and lipstick schtick is trotted out again and in this video, she takes a Britney-esque turn by writhing inside a cage wearing fishnets. Oh, and there’s a lot of butts.
Lots to look at, at least. It’s visually interesting, but kind of the same way the inside of a Forever 21 is visually interesting: sensory overload, then forgettable. What say you? [FlavorWire]
Here’s something we didn’t expect: a pro-abstinence Nicki Minaj parody called “Super Grace”! It’s based on “Super Bass” and the Bible, and Jesus Christ himself gets thanked in the comments. Future civilizations will no doubt pour over lyrics like “He’s waiting for the band / He’ll just hold my hand … I want to be a wife but I must wait / oh no no no no / I have to wait / Christian boys got my heartbeat running away” wondering what they mean.
While “Super Grace” is certainly better than any youth group project I ever did, I almost hate telling these youngsters — whoopsies! — abstinence-only sex ed doesn’t actually work. [Popdust
Big news for Nicki Minaj fans (aren’t we all?): the hip-hop starlet has scored the cover of her first “serious” fashion magazine, appearing in the November issue of W. Artist Francesco Vezzoli transformed the photos, as has become his style, so that Minaj embodied that of “a powdered 18th-century courtesan.” The photos are striking, a little strange, and certainly memorable. What do you think? [Celebuzz]