Well, it sort of appears so. Wonder who tipped the Romney/Ryan team to the idea — I’m guessing it was one of Romney’s five hot sons…
Tag Archives: mitt romney
Republican Congressman Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney’s choice of a running mate, is not the only new, youthful face that has stepped into the spotlight in the last week. Janna Ryan, Paul’s wife, has quite a history of her own on Capitol Hill. Here are seven things to know about Janna Ryan… Keep reading »
“I’m very looking forward to a Republican being back in office. When you’re rich, you want a Republican in office.”
– Not everyone in Hollywood is in the tank for Obama! Jenna Jameson knows who she is voting for and it is the clean-cut Republican who I am fairly certain has had one sex partner in his life. Politics makes for strange bedfellows, as they say. [NYmag.com]
A giant pack of birth control called Pillamina can now be found flowing, er, following behind Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign and recently showed up at events in Ohio and New Hampshire. Planned Parenthood Action Fund, creator of the costume, hopes the massive pills will draw attention to Romney’s opposition towards President Obama’s birth control coverage mandate in health care reform. After two Democratic, female state reps in Michigan were banned from speaking for saying the words “vagina,” Pillamina decided to pop her way over to Troy, Michigan. Keep on fighting the good fight, Pillamina! [The Hill] [Image via Flickr]
President Obama appeared on “The View” today, and damn, the talk was serious as if he appeared on “Meet The Press.” But there were very serious matters to discuss: last week’s announcement that the president believes lesbians and gays should be allowed to marry, the economy, and of course whether or not Mitt Romney is “a rich man who is out of touch” with average Americans. All the president will say about that last point is that Romney’s financial success should be celebrated, but as a politician he has “a different vision on how to move the country forward.”
After the serious talk, the ladies quizzed the president on his pop culture knowledge, including (gulp!) 50 Shades Of Grey. Hear his response, after the jump:
Attention To Politicians: when cameras are rolling or even just present, it is not the best time for you to do a lispy impression of a gay guy’s voice when offered a pink tie. There is never a good time to impersonate a gay guy’s voice. But for fuck’s sake, you do it when cameras are around?
Mitt Romney learned this the hard way.
- A new spokesman hired by Mitt Romney has furiously deleted tweets in which he made sexist comments about Callista Gingrich, Hillary Clinton and First Lady Michelle Obama. Richard Grenell has defended himself by saying tweets about Callista Gingrich’s appearance, for example, were only meant to be tongue-in-cheek. Uh huh. [Talking Points Memo]
- Wisconsin’s Planned Parenthood clinics have suspended use of the abortion pill (also called non-surgical abortions) after a new anti-abortion law has required women to visit a doctor at least three times before taking the abortion pill. [MSNBC]
- A new report by the Department of Health and Human Services found significant health disparities for transgender folks, including those exacerbated by discrimination and prejudice. [Think Progress]
- Foreign Policy magazine asked female politicians to play a game of “Women In Politics” Mad Libs. [Foreign Policy] Keep reading »
Another day, another bombastically link-baity piece on the Internet to get everyone’s feathers ruffled!
Today’s linkbait comes courtesy of The New York Daily News op-ed page, in which writer S.E. Cupp hammers away at Democratic consultant Hilary Rosen for a foot-in-mouth comment she made on “Anderson Cooper 360″ last week, that stay-at-home mother (SAHM) of five Ann Romney “never worked a day in her life.” Rosen later clarified that she meant Ann shouldn’t be her millionaire husband’s earpiece for issues on women and the economy; alas, her point was lost by inelegant phrasing.
The rudeness of Rosen’s comments were chastised by everyone from First Lady Michelle Obama, members of the president’s staff, and feminists such as myself. But that fact has been conveniently ignored by S.E. Cupp. Instead, she wants to pat Ann Romney on the back for “marrying up,” writing:
[W]hile liberal women may praise Ann for (at least) getting herself an education, where is the praise for Ann’s best decision of all — to marry well? Keep reading »
Whoa boy, DogCarGate just won’t end, and now it’s Mitt Romney’s wife Ann who’s speaking out and defending the family’s practice of traveling with their dog Seamus on top of the car. The Romneys had previously gotten flack for admitting to a strapping Seamus (in a crate) to the roof of the car during a 1983 family trip from Boston to Ontario. And in an interview with Diane Sawyer earlier this week, Ann Romney claimed the dog loved traveling that way.
“The dog loved it,” Ann Romney said. “He would see that crate and, you know, he would, like, go crazy because he was going with us on vacation. It was to me a kinder thing to bring him along than to leave him in the kennel for two weeks.” Keep reading »