- Wait, are Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth secretly married?! He was accepting an award in Australia for “The Hunger Games,” referred to Miley as his “fiancée” (which makes sense), then said, “And now we’re married,” and quickly corrected himself, “Well, not married yet.” [PopCrush]
- Fashion house darling Margherita Missoni wed race car driver Eugenio Amo last week in a pretty amazing lace poufy gown. It’s so crazy that I kind of like it. [Wander With Style]
- Usher has gotten a restraining order against a 26-year-old stalker who is convinced that she’s his wife and has shown up at his home demanding to be let in. Scary. [PopCrush]
- Science may have finally found the perfect hangover cure. That got your attention, didn’t it? [The FW] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: miley cyrus engaged
Miley Cyrus, pop star and heir to the “Achy, Breaky Heart” fortune, has announced that, at 19 years old, she’s engaged to marry her boyfriend of three years, actor Liam Hemsworth. I have this to say: Don’t do it, girl!
And when I Googled “Liam Hemsworth” to find out who the hell this dude is, the first result was his official website, and the blurb excerpted is … an interview with Miley Cyrus. Friend, if you are 22-years-old and your professional career is already defined by your romantic relationship according to the seminal information provider of the whole internet, I feel obligated to pass along a ‘Don’t do it, girl!’ to you, too. (Jessica’s Note: He was also in “The Hunger Games.” I’m surprised you hadn’t heard of him!)
Now, I know that trying to dissuade smitten young people from making bad romantic decisions is an exercise in futility. Miley Cyrus is gonna marry this dude. It will happen. And maybe, just maybe, she will not be a twentysomething divorcee. Miley Cyrus, I hope you are not a twentysomething divorcee! I want your marriage to Liam Hemsworth to work out. I want you to be the happiest, most forever-married person in the world.
But if Miley Cyrus asked me — and she definitely did not — I would discourage her from getting married at 19. If any 19-year-old in the world asked me, I would discourage that person from getting married. Keep reading »
- Miley Cyrus is engaged, y’all! Her boyfriend of three years, Liam Hemsworth, proposed on May 31 after three years together. While I’m happy for Miley, can we all agree that getting engaged at 19 is really young? Take your time, Miley! [PopCrush]
- Sheryl Crow announced she has a benign brain tumor and wrote on Facebook, “I want to assure everyone I’m OK.” Crow also battled breast cancer back in 2006. She can’t catch a break, can she? [People]
- “Mad Men” actor Jared Harris, who played Lane Pryce, seems to be implying in this interview that Elisabeth Moss (who plays Peggy Olson) is off the show for good. Gasp! [The Daily]
- Rihanna told Esquire she doesn’t understand why her collaborations with former abuser Chris Brown were controversial. I’m starting to think RiRi is not very bright. [The Hollywood Gossip]
- Kate Winslet covered Italian Vanity Fair and gushes, “I am sincerely grateful for my buttocks.” Us, too, Kate. Us, too. [Celebitchy] Keep reading »