“A schoolteacher would have been very gratifying, I’m sure. There are millions of things you would have loved to have done, a politician, a journalist… I thought of being a journalist once.All these things you think of when you’re a teenager, you can think, well, I would have liked to have done that but that’s completely pointless … But I don’t feel frustrated for a lack of control at all and I’m very pleased with what I’ve done Everyone wants to have done more things in their lives. It is a slightly intellectually undemanding thing to do, being a rock singer, but, you know, you make the best of it.”
– Mick Jagger tells the BBC about all the other more intellectually demanding things he might have done had he not been one of the most famous rock stars of all time. Interesting, because I’ve been both a writer and a teacher, and I’ve often fantasized about being a rock star for the opposite reason: not having to think so much. I have this theory that even the most dreamiest of dream jobs (i.e. front man of the Rolling Stones) have their nightmare aspects and that no one is ever 100% satisfied all the time with any facet of their lives. I guess, to quote Mick, “You can’t always get what you want, but you find sometimes that you get what you need.” That being said, I will continue to fantasize about being a rock star. And I’d be happy to give Mick a first hand account of what it’s like to be a teacher: exhausting work, piddly pay, no open bar, no fans. [Raw Story]
As far as genes go, Georgia May Jagger’s got it made. Being the daughter of Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall may have its upsides, but unlike most offspring of rock royalty, the 20-year-old is hardly resting on her laurels. With major magazine campaigns, beauty contracts, and Vogue covers to her name, Georgia’s unique look — unsurprisingly, a composite of her mother’s statuesque beauty and her father’s rock and roll rakishness — has already left an impression on the fashion world (and those unmistakable lips might have a little something to do with it, too).
Georgia’s genetic mix of ladylike English rose and gritty libertine has landed her a coveted spot as the face of Vivienne Westwood, and I daresay she showed up some of the catwalkers during her appearance at this weekend’s show, where she played the part of the queen who had been out all night and then some. We may not be able to recreate that gorgeous embroidered gown or the pretty baroque tiara, but her easy, flattering makeup is practically begging to be copied (in less than five minutes, no less) … Keep reading »
The man who taught several generations about sex, drugs and rock ‘n roll is hosting this week’s season finale of “Saturday Night Live.” Sadly, Mick Jagger’s probably got less of a drug problem these days than certain other recent hosts who shall remain nameless. [Pop Culture Brain]
When Keith Richards’ book, Life, came out last year, everyone zeroed in on two short sentences: “Marianne Faithfull had no fun with [Mick Jagger's] tiny todger. I know he’s got an enormous pair of balls—but it doesn’t quite fill the gap.” Mick was apparently very mad about the slight. Ever since, the women he’s slept with have been stepping forward to refute the statement. Jerry Hall, Mick’s ex-wife, was of course one of the loudest voices. “Mick is very well endowed. I should know—I was with him for 23 years,” she said. “Keith is just jealous.”
Now, finally, Marianne Faithfull has something to say on the issue. Keep reading »
“It was the beginning of the eighties when Mick started to become unbearable. He started at first to annoy me and then slowly enraged me… [Marianne Faithful] had no fun with his tiny todger. I know he’s got an enormous pair of balls—but it doesn’t quite fill the gap.”
—Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones claims in his new book, Life, that he and Mick Jagger haven’t been buds in decades. Keith also took the opportunity to discuss the size of Mick’s member. And people say only women have frenemies? [NY Daily News] Keep reading »
Is pre-Fourth of July too early to talk about back to school? Probably! Either way, Georgia Jagger, aka Mick Jagger’s daughter, gives readers of Vogue China a peek at what students may be wearing on chicer campuses this fall. That is, if a girl’s got a serious budget. The looks are an eclectic mix of autumnal colors and shots of crazy color, girly touches coupled with preppy tailoring, and high heels with high socks. Get a gander of a few more of the getups after the jump and tell us if you’d wear the likes of them when you go back to class. Keep reading »
Hudson Jeans released video from their photo shoot with Georgia Jagger — you know, Mick Jagger‘s daughter? — and it’s your typical soft core hawtness. But if you listen closely, 19 seconds in you can hear the photographer telling Georgia, “Suck in your tummy a little?” Um, maybe my vision is going to pot in my old age, but this model does not have a tummy. [Vimeo] Keep reading »
We’ve written about Georgia May Jagger here previously, when the 17-year-old model and spawn of supermodel Jerry Hall and Rolling Stones front man Mick Jagger appeared topless and lolling around in a somewhat provocative Hudson jeans commercial. The new teen It Girl from the U.K. reappears in this month’s Vanity Fair, where she prances around half-naked yet again, and explains that her father doesn’t mind her rather randy modeling career one bit. (“He doesn’t hate it at all,” she explains.) Whether or not she’s more than yet another wannabe-model rocker’s offspring remains to be seen. We like the Lauren Hutton-esque gap between her two front teeth. More pics, after the jump … [VF.com] Keep reading »
Space, the final frontier, is getting a new voyager and some sperm that’s outta this world! Richard Garriott, the video game visionary behind Tabula Rasa, is going to be the sixth private citizen to be sent to outer space. How’d he get so lucky? Well, he’s started a program to collect, create, and carry digital DNA and snippets of human history as a time capsule to be stored at the International Space Station. The paranoid gamer is worried androids, the apocalypse, and natural disasters could make us all extinct. His fear has inspired him to create the project, called “Operation Immortality,” to ensure a future for humanity. So who’s genetic code is he cracking? So far, brilliant comedian and well-known narcissist, Stephen Colbert, has agreed to donate, but even the average Jane can offer up her stuff too! All you have to do is play the free trial of Tabula Rasa and your name could get selected at random to become a sample. But if DNA seems a bit too personal, you can simply send a message to the Universe by typing a note about the 21st Century here. Mr. Garriott will be collecting information until October when his shuttle launches. So, with a month to go, we’d like to recommend a few good peeps we think the future could use…
Keep reading »
Some pop stars like to be seen and heard. They rock a mic and their look. So, in honor of the men who make “pretty boy” sound so good, here are The Frisky’s Top Five Metrosexual Musicians:
5. Andre 3000 What’s cooler then being cool? Being Andre 3000, a gentleman so stylish he makes plaid golf gear look hip.
4. Marc Anthony The always dapper Anthony probably has a walk-in closet of clothing only rivaled by his wife’s. Even as a new dad, he’s constantly clad in a suit and you know J. Lo only lets him off his leash for spa days.
3. Mick Jagger More preened then even his supermodel arm candies, Mick Jagger is the grandfather of metrosexual. The rock ‘n’ roller is still wearing skin-tight stuff with sequins well into his swinging 60’s.
2. Pharrell Williams From head to rims, Pharrell is covered in all the right trims. He matches more than beats, Pharrell wears baggy hip-hop clothes with color-coded sophistication. He also knows how to rock a fur.
1. Justin Timberlake Started out in a coordinated boy band, but now he’s all that with his own clothing line. In his signature skinny ties with vests, JT’s ensembles are as smooth as his moves.
Keep reading »